WIG CHALLENGE 2012

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
So I just started my own little 12 month wig challenge Earlier this, and in order to properly document it I made a YouTube channel so that I can track my growth from now up until then. I'm editing my first video now so that the content will be viewer friendly (meaning not long, drawn out, or boring) and also good reference for anyone else in YouTube land using wigs as their main protective style. =] I'll be posting the link once the first video is up!

Can't wait! Keep us posted missy!

KaramelDiva1978

BadMamaJama

I got my Nene wig yesterday. It was too freaking long so I cut it. I guess it's okay. It falls better than my 7021 so my sides are covered.

bronzebomb, your hair is nice. I thought it was yours.

LovelyRo

I've been wigging it for 4 weeks now. So far, I have made 3 U-Part wigs and I'll be making my 4th one some time soon. I have a 16" Malaysian wavy (emergency wig... the hair sheds like crazy), I have a 16" layered Light Yaki that I did Ombre Highlights on (LOVE IT and I plan on wearing it all Fall), I just made a Malaysian Curly wig that I haven't gotten to wear yet and the last one I make will be another Malaysian Wavy (different Vendor) 18" and 20." That'll be it for now. I will not buy anymore hair!!!!

BadMamaJama

I ordered Nene and wore it a week. No. The hair is messed up already. I ordered Tammy so I should get that next week. I'm kind of sick of wigs but time wise I know they're best for me.

KaramelDiva1978

Is anyone using a satin wig cap? My wig should be in this week and I really want my hair to be protected as best as possible. I need maximum growth through year end without setbacks. Guess I will practice putting my hair in big braids underneath. Idk how to cover it up.

siick

KaramelDiva1978 said:
Is anyone using a satin wig cap? My wig should be in this week and I really want my hair to be protected as best as possible. I need maximum growth through year end without setbacks. Guess I will practice putting my hair in big braids underneath. Idk how to cover it up.

I've been wondering about satin wig caps myself...

siick

pre_medicalrulz said:
6 months progress update....

5 months in this challenge left...

I'm ready to go wig-LESS!

omg woman your hair is beyond gorgeous. how do you fit it all under a wig/wig cap??!

cynd

Can anyone recommend a place that sells wigs for smaller heads? I'd love to wig it through the end of the year and beyond and have bought a couple of wigs online but they never fit due to my smaller head size. Thanks.

blackberry815

cynd said:
Can anyone recommend a place that sells wigs for smaller heads? I'd love to wig it through the end of the year and beyond and have bought a couple of wigs online but they never fit due to my smaller head size. Thanks.

cynd Maybe try the ones with the draw strings?

cynd

@cynd Maybe try the ones with the draw strings?

Thanks for the response blackberry815. All of the ones I have bought have drawstrings. They make it secure so I don't have to worry about it falling off, but the actual surface of the wig is still just to big for my head. Maybe I'll have to pay big bucks for a custom wig. Could it be that I'm the only pea-headed person who wants to wear a wig?:look:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
siick

Gurrrrrl, trust me when I say sometimes if I don't plait my hair in smaller sections, I have these two huge bulges on both sides of my head and you can see it through the wigs. Sometimes I dont even care as long as I have the wig on. LOL :lachen:

I know sometimes people be side-eye'ing me but I'm on a mission so....ya know!

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
Have any of you ever thrown your wigs in the washing machine? I just did :look:

I put them in on the gentle cycle....

Tonto

I plan on making my wigs myself. I’m looking for the perfect color and the right wig cap to be able to do so. I think I’m going to make seven of them. I can’t wait!

nelcoy

QueenAmaka said:
Have any of you ever thrown your wigs in the washing machine? I just did :look:

I put them in on the gentle cycle....

No you didn't!! Did u put it in a lingure bag? My wigs would be a tangle mess. I usually wash them in the tub.