WIG CHALLENGE 2012

MzSwift

If they're synthetic, I've read that you can wash those with fabric softener. Never heard of anyone putting them in the washer though. LoL

I can't wait to see how they turned out!

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
LOLOLOLOLOLOOO....oh my word!! Too funny!!!

No you didn't!! Did u put it in a lingure bag? My wigs would be a tangle mess. I usually wash them in the tub.

If they're synthetic, I've read that you can wash those with fabric softener. Never heard of anyone putting them in the washer though. LoL

I can't wait to see how they turned out!

Lol wow no I have never heard of that lol

SMH. Let's just say this experiment did not turn out too well. LOL:

slp

Joining!

I've become a wig fool over the last few months. I prefer wigs with bangs or curlier styles without, and there are a few pics of me wearing them in my photo album here. My hair is MBL, which makes it difficult to "put away" at times depending on the wigs (super-straight ones especially), but the difference that hiding my hair has made on my ends and edges is definitely worth it.

~S.

blackberry815

Friday will mark my first 12 week stretch. I could never have done this without my half wigs...let's see how long I can go :) I'm excited about seeing at least an inch of growth when I finally decide to relax..I may be full waist length by my next relaxer... oh and I'm wearing Tammy today!

blackberry815

slp said:
Joining!

I've become a wig fool over the last few months. I prefer wigs with bangs or curlier styles without, and there are a few pics of me wearing them in my photo album here. My hair is MBL, which makes it difficult to "put away" at times depending on the wigs (super-straight ones especially), but the difference that hiding my hair has made on my ends and edges is definitely worth it.

~S.

slp I have this problem with silky straight wigs too especially in times like this when I have all this new growth because I can't get my hair flat enough... so I'm waiting for a fresh relaxer to rock my silky straight lace front... I think minus any new growth I should be able to get it flat enough.. I hope..

KaramelDiva1978

LOL too funny... well atleast you tried.

:lachen::lachen:This is too funny!!! At least you only put one in the washer!!

I am still waiting on my shorty 'do wig to come in. I believe it shipped out on Friday afternoon after I ordered it, so hopefully by Wed or Thurs it will arrive. I am feeling all this newgrowth at 4 weeks post must be from my sulphur oil mix, at any rate, I am ready to put my hair in two braids and wig it!!

KaramelDiva1978

So my wig came in today and I can't get my hair under it as flat as I want to......This is going to take some work. I'll be back with a game plan, but its a cute shorty 'do.

Belle Du Jour

I finally gave up on half wigs and started wearing LFs full time. I realized that that the half wigs were doing a lot of damage to my hairline because of the comb attachment. :ohwell: So I'll be checking this thread and others for the most realistic looking LFs (synthetic and HH). I will probably get a sew in soon too.

MzSwift

My "new" wig I purchased back in January. I'm breaking her out for the fall. So far, so good. Can't wait to see what she looks like once we've gotten to know each other better. LoL

Outre Duby Pixie, human, in a #2:

I'm back to wigging during the week and big braidouts on the weekends!

MzSwift

Here are some of my favorite synthetic ones:

Motown Tress, Bori (Love her, she's so natural looking to me):

Glance, Morning Glory, halfwig:

Motown Tress, Chi:

Sensationnel, HZ 015 (my favorited pixie):

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Gonna try & switch it up to half wigs for at least a month to give my edges a rest. Guess I'm going wig shopping today.....again.

Ajna

Wigs are so simple yet these past two weeks I have not been able to get it together to braid my hair. So I have been doing the wash and go bun thing and ignoring my wigs. I just brought two new ones so I hope I can turn this around!

I am going to try the Equal Invisible Part Wig All Star. It is interesting because you have a space to pull your own hair through. In away this concerns me since my hair is natural and it means I will have to flat iron part of it. But at the same time I think it could make my straight wigs looks more natural. Has any one tried this?

http://www.snghair.com/Product/Detail/1510/ALL-STAR?

MzSwift

Hey ladies, can you please BOLO for a short, curly wig. I'm thinking of one that is shorter/tapered almost on the sides/nape and longer in the crown. Do any of you know of one offhand? Thanks so much! :D

LightEyedMami

I am supppppeeerrrr late!, but im joining anyway :grin:....I just took down a sew-in/crochet set a few weeks ago that i did, and my hair was DRY, so even though i thought it was cute, im not sure it really helped...So im wearing kinky twists now, which always grow my hair well, but im so over the look...so im joining this challenge because i like wigs, and this way i can stay on top of my deep conditioning challenge....I will take down these kinky twists in 2 weeks, and when i do i will TRY to finish not only the fall but winter as well... wearing wigs only.

blackberry815

MzSwift said:
Here are some of my favorite synthetic ones:

Motown Tress, Bori (Love her, she's so natural looking to me):

Glance, Morning Glory, halfwig:

Motown Tress, Chi:
Sensationnel, HZ 015 (my favorited pixie):

MzSwift I'm loving bori! How is ur hair so flat underneath?

Dabaddest

Since I'm an official member now I'm joining! I wear wigs 99.9% of the time. Only time I take it off is when I'm at home and I put my satin bonnet. I'm natural cbl. My 2 year anniversary is on nov 1 2012. I haven't wore my natural hair out ever ( I just bc'ed in June 2012) I hope to be APL or longer on my 2 year anniversary. With my njoy mix I believe it's possible. My favorite wigs is samara girl. That's my daily one. I really wanna get super mingo, creta girl, and French by outré. I love big curly hair!!

MzSwift

blackberry815

Bori is my "girl"! LoL

Here's how my cornrows look underneath MOST of the time:

Not too small, I don't think. I either push the ends straight up under a men's satin skull cap or I crisscross them at the nape like this:

By the time I've slept on it one night, the bulge is pretty flat.

HTH! :)

Belle Du Jour

I can't remember if I asked this before, but besides the Aplus Ozone brand, are there any other synthetic lacefronts that have at least 3 inches of parting room? Thank you!!

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Just brought another cute curly wig but this one is a U-Part. I don't usually leave hair out so I'm hoping this doesn't backfire in the long run.

lbellin

Always late to the party but I want in on the wig challenge. I started this week. So far I am getting many compliments. I want to wig it till Spring.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1621598942.jpg
    image-1621598942.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 57

Belle Du Jour

Belle Du Jour

Miss J's lacefront have 3 inches or more of parting space - but their colors off imo.

Is Miss J's the same as Miss Wigs? I ordered a couple from them. They look pretty good on YT although there were some negatives (ie shedding). I'm also just a 1B girl so hopefully they wouldn't mess that up LOL. For the price and the parting space, I was willing to give it a try.

The current LF I'm wearing is Aplus 107 and it looks pretty natural! I got a lot of compliments on my hair :giggle: It held up pretty good for a month of daily wear but it cost about $70 so I can't spend that on a wig for just one month (although I'm now wearing it in an updo to get more life out of it). I also couldn't get it to curl well with my steam rollers. If the Miss Wigs LFs work out, one month is fine since they are much cheaper. :yep:

Belle Du Jour

MzSwift, I love Bori and Morning Glory the best. You are rocking all of them! I usually stick with just one length but I'm eying those short wigs HARD LOL.

Smiley79

Can someone please share effective ways on how I can protect my edges while using wigs as a protective style. Is there an alternative to the stocking cap...please help because I am nursing my edges back to health and wonder if my wig wearing was a cause of why they look so shot.

CurliDiva

Is Miss J's the same as Miss Wigs? I ordered a couple from them. They look pretty good on YT although there were some negatives (ie shedding). I'm also just a 1B girl so hopefully they wouldn't mess that up LOL. For the price and the parting space, I was willing to give it a try.

The current LF I'm wearing is Aplus 107 and it looks pretty natural! I got a lot of compliments on my hair :giggle: It held up pretty good for a month of daily wear but it cost about $70 so I can't spend that on a wig for just one month (although I'm now wearing it in an updo to get more life out of it). I also couldn't get it to curl well with my steam rollers. If the Miss Wigs LFs work out, one month is fine since they are much cheaper. :yep:

Yes, I ordered a Miss J (style) from Miss Wigs - but again their hair color are off and the cap is stiff. This wig just never looked quite right, but had lot of parting space.

I made it work but using makeup on the cap, and later just cut off the parting space and using it as a top closure.