WIG CHALLENGE 2013

CurliDiva

Question ladies - how and where are you storing your wigs, especially if you have multiples like (cough...solider4hair, lol) more than three?

Do you keep them on foam heads, store them plastic pouches that they came in. in a drawer or what?

Are they out and on display for the world to see?? or hidden away??

Last edited:

cherishlove

I have huge tuft boxes with nothing but wigs and weaves. I used to do the foam heads but Sony nobody got time for a closet full of wigs.

CurliDiva

Here's my Kinky Straight lace wig - after darkening the roots for an ombre effect, flat ironing and adding some long layers!

I wasn't trying to get her bone straight, just reduce some of the KS bulk. She is still very full and lush! :)

First photo is right out of the box, and the rest are my tweaks:

Attachments

• IMG_20130824_083111.jpg
    IMG_20130824_083111.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20130906_074434.jpg
    IMG_20130906_074434.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20130906_074354.jpg
    IMG_20130906_074354.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20130906_074301.jpg
    IMG_20130906_074301.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

cherishlove

Here's my Kinky Straight lace wig - after darkening the roots for an ombre effect, flat ironing and adding some long layers!

I wasn't trying to get her bone straight, just reduce some of the KS bulk. She is still very full and lush! :)

First photo is right out of the box, and the rest are my tweaks:

It's cute. I liked it out the box and the after looks like it could be your hair.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
My wig I made is still going pretty well. No random shedding; just when I'm raking my fingers through to apply water and what ever LI or styler. I wish it wasn't so darn hot though. I will probably take some pics tomorrow night since I have date night with hubby.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

cherishlove

My wig I made is still going pretty well. No random shedding; just when I'm raking my fingers through to apply water and what ever LI or styler. I wish it wasn't so darn hot though. I will probably take some pics tomorrow night since I have date night with hubby.

HPG

HairPleezeGrow I'm glad your wig is doing igood. What kind of hair did you use

I'm in a beehive cornrow. 2 weeks now. Going for 4!!!!1 day out and do it again. I can't wait to see where I am during the holidays.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
HairPleezeGrow I'm glad your wig is doing igood. What kind of hair did you use

I'm in a beehive cornrow. 2 weeks now. Going for 4!!!!1 day out and do it again. I can't wait to see where I am during the holidays.

It's with the Peruvian curly/wavy hair I bought. Here's some pics of the closure and wig once constructed. I had it sewn in originally until my closure came. I still have to work on blending as it's applied behind the hair line.

ForumRunner_20130913_192420.jpg

ForumRunner_20130913_192435.jpg

ForumRunner_20130913_192450.jpg

ForumRunner_20130913_192524.jpg

HPG

cherishlove

Oh... That's really cute! I would try just leaving the edges out to blend better but you did a great job. Very natural.

Last edited:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Question ladies - how and where are you storing your wigs, especially if you have multiples like (cough...solider4hair, lol) more than three?

Do you keep them on foam heads, store them plastic pouches that they came in. in a drawer or what?

Are they out and on display for the world to see?? or hidden away??

Curliduva - I keep most of mine in their plastic pouches in a storage bin, but I keep the 2-3 I wear most often in a drawer. I've considered a foam head, but this has been working for me for over 2 years, so need to change now.

MonaRae

I'm officially join this challenge! I found awig i love Freetress Nia Girl. It had way too much hair so I had my stylist cut it down to fit me and I love it! Its nice and light and no hair in my face!!!!

Regimen
* Two fish braids going back. The fish braid help the wig lay flat.
* Moisturize hair without removing the braids.
* Cowash on Wednesdays.
* DC every other Saturday.
* Lite Protein treatment every other Saturday.

CurliDiva

I've been spoiled (and probably just lazy) by synthetic wigs that looks good with little effort, but this HUMAN HAIR wig is a lot of WORK! :/

I have to re-think my wig routine and come up with a real "regimen" to keep this sucker looking good throughout winter.

cherishlove

I've been spoiled (and probably just lazy) by synthetic wigs that looks good with little effort, but this HUMAN HAIR wig is a lot of WORK! :/

I have to re-think my wig routine and come up with a real "regimen" to keep this sucker looking good throughout winter.

Hi Curldiva. I tend to buy curly human hair wigs. I'm all for keeping it simple. I looking for a waist length single braids wig right now.

Last edited:

cherishlove

I have wigs that I payed 500 plus for and I have got the most compliments with this 15 dollar Brie wig. I curled it and everything and I'm loving it.

image-4174418024.jpg

Here she is.

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
My hair got braided into a beehive yesterday to make wigging it a bit more easier. And give my hair a break. I only left a little leave out. I applied my NJoy oil and KeraVada brahmi in pumpkin spice. Has anyone done a beehive? How long does it lasts b4 having to redo?

ForumRunner_20130930_064040.jpg

ForumRunner_20130930_064050.jpg

ForumRunner_20130930_064059.jpg

ForumRunner_20130930_064108.jpg

HPG

cherishlove

My hair got braided into a beehive yesterday to make wigging it a bit more easier. And give my hair a break. I only left a little leave out. I applied my NJoy oil and KeraVada brahmi in pumpkin spice. Has anyone done a beehive? How long does it lasts b4 having to redo?

HPG

I keep my cornrows in for 3-4 weeks and redo so I can deep condition really good.

Last edited:

CurliDiva

Hey HairPleezeGrow,

I think its great to switch up the braid pattern so no one area is stressed repeatedly!

I would suggest 3-4 weeks max.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
This challenge is where I'm parking my transitioning behind!
Im 8 months post in year-round humidity and these thick natural roots are a stark contrast to my relaxed ends. So half wigs it is for me! In Feb I'll attempt a flat iron session when the air is drier.

Im BSL (but trimming about 1/3 inch every other month or as needed.) I plan to transition for 24-36 months.

Im using curly/natural half wigs with no leave-outs.

My reg:
Wash, tea rinse, condition every other Sunday-Monday.
M&S, remove sheds, oil scalp, re-braid celies every Monday and Thursday.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
This is how I've been wearing my wig this week. I applied some Ecostyler gel and two strand twisted then bantu knotted the twists. Let it set overnight and took down in the am. I did the same to my little bit of leave out. Sorry for the blurry back shot...my son took it. I did take a pic of the wig once I took dow the the twists by itself.

ForumRunner_20131006_205742.jpg

ForumRunner_20131006_205753.jpg

ForumRunner_20131006_205804.jpg

HPG

polished07

This is how I've been wearing my wig this week. I applied some Ecostyler gel and two strand twisted then bantu knotted the twists. Let it set overnight and took down in the am. I did the same to my little bit of leave out. Sorry for the blurry back shot...my son took it. I did take a pic of the wig once I took dow the the twists by itself. HPG Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Love it!!!!!! I'm gonna try Curlformers on my kinky straight next!

I'm currently trying to make a full bang wig with a closure and hair I have I'm gonna alternate between that and my kinky straight wig till the spring that's what about 6 months? I'm hoping to hit MBL by my wedding in June I'm about 4 inches away so I need to retain every inch I get! I'm also trying to grow my crown out its taking forever I have so many layers my hair doesn't feel long bc of them it seems

cherishlove

This is how I've been wearing my wig this week. I applied some Ecostyler gel and two strand twisted then bantu knotted the twists. Let it set overnight and took down in the am. I did the same to my little bit of leave out. Sorry for the blurry back shot...my son took it. I did take a pic of the wig once I took dow the the twists by itself.

HPG

This is cute. You are talented.

I've been missing my hair. I did a braid out over the weekend and I got so many compliments that I wanted to flatiron it. I threw on one of my new wigs and I'm fine now. I think I will buy another one just in case I get the urge again.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Love it!!!!!! I'm gonna try Curlformers on my kinky straight next!

I'm currently trying to make a full bang wig with a closure and hair I have I'm gonna alternate between that and my kinky straight wig till the spring that's what about 6 months? I'm hoping to hit MBL by my wedding in June I'm about 4 inches away so I need to retain every inch I get! I'm also trying to grow my crown out its taking forever I have so many layers my hair doesn't feel long bc of them it seems

You will definitely get 4in by June. Congrats on the wedding! How exciting. Are you going for an updo or down and flowy?

HPG

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
This is cute. You are talented.

I've been missing my hair. I did a braid out over the weekend and I got so many compliments that I wanted to flatiron it. I threw on one of my new wigs and I'm fine now. I think I will buy another one just in case I get the urge again.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've been missing my hair also but I do have to try and retain as much b4 the year is up.

HPG

polished07

You will definitely get 4in by June. Congrats on the wedding! How exciting. Are you going for an updo or down and flowy? HPG Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Thanks girl I kinda want and updo so I need my crown to be longer bc is want to wear my real hair