WIG CHALLENGE 2014

BklynHeart

I purchased 2 wigs from Hollywood Sis Zury line. ugh! the lace is hard, and too light. I can't cut it too close to the hairline so I had to leave some of it on. it shows too much and trying to blend it in with some foundation doesn't work.
Also, the front of the hair was too dense and looked wiggy. So I tweezed some of it out. looks a bit better but that lace showing is getting on my nerves. I tried cutting a few baby hairs in the front to make it look more natural but I didnt work too well.

Last edited:

Evolving78

I have one full wig that is lace. I cut the lace off, but I still have to use my hair in the front to blend. I don't like that too much. I know its not much, but she was $60. That's why I don't care for lace front wigs.

SuchaLady

This girl's hair gave me ALL OF MY LIFE today!

I couldnt tell if it was a weave/wig or her real hair but it has me about to order some coarse yaki. I was looking at my tv like :love::drool:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm totally enjoying all of my wigs. I went from being self-conscious to wig hair, don't care! Loving it!

Evolving78

I guess I need to pull one out today and see how it is going to look on me. I would hate to look like Prince's grandmother.

Evolving78

Love both of my new wigs. I braided my hair underneath, so they would lay flat. I plan on taking the braids down Monday or Tuesday.

FineChyna

I say get you a regular old wig with bangs…just to avoid a restrictive wig. In my [limited] experience braiding wigs, it always helps (after you do the cornrow around the perimeter) to tug, pull, and tease the braid so that it hangs looser (and lower from the scalp of the wig) and therefore, covers your edges and any wig line of demarcation.

just as a follow up on this idea , does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the bang area look less wiggy? i brought a wig and explained to the worker at the BSS (who wears wigs) what i wanted to do and she showed me a motown tresses ruvian wig with a bang and long hair and assured me that it was the best way to get the long fish tail braid

i did try on the piece but since it was fresh out the box, it had that box shape and my hair wasn't tied down tight enough so it wasn't a perfect fit but i saw potential and it was on sale. (like $30 on sale)

problem is after working with it the bang area just looks wiggy and odd. i don't look good with a full "china" bang but look better with side bangs or a fawcett bangs but no matter how i style that thing it just screams wig. :look:

i have a vanessa wig where the bangs are perfect but the hair isn't long enough to do a fish braid. i tried.

i tried going on YT to see how others get the fishtail braid look and everyone is using lacefronts from what i can tell. problem is i have NEVER had luck installing a lacefront correctly, even with help and also i worry about my natural hair not matching the wig. my goal is ease of use and believability. none of that is happening now. :(

any suggestions would be great

Renewed1

Shantel wig this baby has a lot of hair so I did some cutting. It's a lace front edge wig. I wished they would have mate it into a regular curly wig.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 135

Evolving78

Tried to make the pic smaller, but can't remove it
This is the sensational bump wig lucy

Attachments

• image-1958214009.jpg
    image-1958214009.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

gabulldawg

I am having a hard time deciding on my next wig!!! :ohwell: I can't decide if I want to try something new (Bently) or go back to one of my oldie but goodies (Julie or Danity). :scratchch I need to hurry up and decide!! :ohwell::pullhair:

gabulldawg

I'm working on revamping an old wig. I have tweezed the part, straightened it, and I will curl it and set it on rollers next.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Is there any way to turn a full wig into a half wig or U part? I just got a new wig and I hate the bangs. Please tell me this wig can be saved. It is synthetic, kinky straight texture about 20 inches with little chinese bangs :(