WIG CHALLENGE for 2007

almondjoi85

I just brought a fall yesterday because it rained and frizzed my hair up something horrible. I was too busy to wash and re-set so I stopped at the BSS and picked out one. It's APL and beautiful!!! and my hair blends so well. Then, I went back today and got another shorter one (kind of self-concious about the length). I wore the APL to work and no one noticed until I said - "Look! This ain't my hair!!!" Even when I went back to the BSS, the lady thought it was my hair too. I'm in!!!
Gonna post pics soon!

How did you know which one to pick? I always wanted to try this but my hair color is very hard to match...it almost makes me wanna just dye it black!

CurliDiva

I'm totally bored with my hair and my wigs, :ohwell: but I'm keeping my eye on the PRIZE!

I think I need to go wig shopping this weekend and try a color change - I need an extra boost to get me thru fall/winter! :spinning:

trini_rican

I'm doing this already. If not too late I'd love to continue hiding my hair:grin: At least until the sides and back are all the same length. Then " I'm coming out" - ala Diana Ross:yep:

PrettyBlackHair

I am in! I've been a believer in instant weaves for the longest! I don't have any shame in wearing a "wig" because I read in some magazine that women overlook the idea of wearing a wig because of what the society thinks about people who wear wigs. well I think wigs are even better than weaves or braids for health and growth because the ONLY manipulation I really do is when I wash once a week. I just braid my hair in two braids and moisturize everyday and that's it :grin:

CurliDiva

Ladies, we should pick a date in 2008 for a big photo REVEAL of our progress by wearing wigs!

I bet many would be surprised by the healthy head of hair underneath! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

MJ

Ladies, we should pick a date in 2008 for a big photo REVEAL of our progress by wearing wigs!

I bet many would be surprised by the healthy head of hair underneath! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

How about 03-27-2008? That's a year to the date you'd started the challenge.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to reveal my hair on that date because I'm planning to join the 2008 HYH challenge. However, I'll have length pics when I reveal my hair in December for the Bootcamp challenge.

Another option is that we could all reveal our lengths in December as many are in challenges that end that month (and the title of this thread says "2007") and then use those pics as starters for a 2008 Wig challenge. We could also hyperlink this thread in the 2008 challenge thread. This thread is positive and loaded with info; I wouldn't want it to disappear. What do you think?

Last edited:

CurliDiva

How about 03-27-2008? That's a year to the date you'd started the challenge.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to reveal my hair on that date because I'm planning to join the 2008 HYH challenge. However, I'll have length pics when I reveal my hair in December for the Bootcamp challenge.

Another option is that we could all reveal our lengths in December as many are in challenges that end that month (and the title of this thread says "2007") and then use those pics as starters for a 2008 Wig challenge. We could also hyperlink this thread in the 2008 challenge thread. This thread is positive and loaded with info; I wouldn't want it to disappear. What do you think?

Great sugguestions MJ!

I'm defintely planning to start a 2008 Wig Challenge!

Let's plan reveal by December 31st. :grin: If you are in a hide-your-hair-challenge, you could consider this a LHCF only progress shot, and then slap that wig right back on for your everyday life.

gabulldawg

Hey, guys! I've been in the wig challenge now for two days going strong! :grin: I've finally added pics of my new wig in my fotki in wig album. I think this new one is pretty convincing! My SO actually said that he could put up with this one as well. I am working on styling it more so that it looks more natural. I wore it last night to go see American Gangster and I think it turned out looking okay. Please let me know what you think! Comments welcome.

CurliDiva

Hey, guys! I've been in the wig challenge now for two days going strong! :grin: I've finally added pics of my new wig in my fotki in wig album. I think this new one is pretty convincing! My SO actually said that he could put up with this one as well. I am working on styling it more so that it looks more natural. I wore it last night to go see American Gangster and I think it turned out looking okay. Please let me know what you think! Comments welcome.

Hi Gabulldawg,

This looks totally natural!

Rock it Girl!:grin:

MJ

Great sugguestions MJ!

I'm defintely planning to start a 2008 Wig Challenge!

Let's plan reveal by December 31st. :grin: If you are in a hide-your-hair-challenge, you could consider this a LHCF only progress shot, and then slap that wig right back on for your everyday life.

Cool! Dec. 31 it is :yep: