Wig Help

blackindia07

Hi ladies,

I am looking to purchase my first wig and Im nervous about spending a lot of money and not getting the look Im going for. I would like something kinky/curly and natural looking (envisioning Kelly Rowland LOL). I found this but before I invest almost $300 with shipping can you please post pics of what you think it will look after cowashing, breaking up the curls and some product?

TIA!

CurliDiva

Hi ladies,

I am looking to purchase my first wig and Im nervous about spending a lot of money and not getting the look Im going for. I would like something kinky/curly and natural looking (envisioning Kelly Rowland LOL). I found this but before I invest almost $300 with shipping can you please post pics of what you think it will look after cowashing, breaking up the curls and some product?

TIA!

Hey blackindia07,

Kinky/Curly hair can be extra work to maintain! I'm assuming this is a human hair wig - Kinky/Curly texture tends to expand over time.

No one can really predict how this wig will react with wear and washing, BUT:

Are you buying this from a private seller?

I ask because in the photo....... there is a looser curl pattern in the roots and some of the strands are not uniformly curled....looks like it was rod set that is already dropping in spots.

Have you seen the front and sides?

If this is private sell, please be careful that this is the true texture of the hair which will bounce back after washing and not a "style" the seller did.

Plus, I would suggest that you try on some curly BBS wigs to make sure you like the massive look of kinky/curly hair. Even as a natural, some hair was just too big for my daily use.

Good luck,
CD

Last edited:

blackindia07

Hey blackindia07,

Kinky/Curly hair can be extra work to maintain! I'm assuming this is a human hair wig - Kinky/Curly texture tends to expand over time.

No one can really predict how this wig will react with wear and washing, BUT:

Are you buying this from a private seller?

I ask because in the photo....... there is a looser curl pattern in the roots and some of the strands are not uniformly curled....looks like it was rod set that is really dropping in spots.

Have you seen the front and sides?

If this is private sell, please be careful that this is the true texture of the hair which will bounce back after washing and not a "style" the seller did.

Plus, I would suggest that you try on some curly BBS wigs to make sure you like the massive look of kinky/curly hair. Even as a natural, some hair was just too big for my daily use.

Good luck,
CD

CurliDiva...HOLY CRAP!!!! You know I noticed that the curls didnt really start from the root but didnt think too much of it. It NEVER occurred to me that those curls could have been set! UURRRGGG!!! Ive been looking for a few weeks now and getting frustrated....

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I would go to a BSS and try some on. Yiu can usually try on 3-5 for the price of a 25-50 cent wig cap. I think trying them on to get a feel for brands, which is important, especially if you have a big head like me and to see how the brands differ.

g.lo

Hi Op,

I bought this one, called La Jay, it is a synthetic half wig, less than $25.the best thing is to go to a Bss and try few.
this is me and my La Jay, I get so many compliments

Attachments

• wig3.jpg
    wig3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 51

blackindia07

So funny you guys are all suggesting Creta girl...that was the very first wig that I looked at but was against getting synthetic. Did you guys do anything to it before wearing? Cowash? Product?

BTW @j.lo that wig looks great on you. Very natural looking...I love it!

Last edited: