Wig Vendor Drama

tdwillis

I wear wigs consistently as a protective style. Love them. Being that I have two big events coming up, I wanted to invest in a quality lacefront human hair wig. I looked at vixenlacewigs.com. Gorgeous units, but the reviews on the facebook page were horrible. I exchanged e-mails with the owner and she assured me that everything was fine and the unit I wanted was in stock. The very next day, Muffinsismylovers uploaded a youtube video going off on this same company. Then, Jam Poet uploaded a youtube video on the same company. Needless to say, I did not make my purchase.

After doing more research, I am finding that a lot of the "quality" wig vendors such as Royalty Wigs , My Little Secrets, and others are having serious customer service issues.

Has anyone experienced/heard about this? I am starting to think that if I spend a lot of money for a wig, I should be able to touch it, feel it, try it on, something. Buying from these online vendors is becoming risky.

Any thoughts?

nappystorm

tdwillis said:
I wear wigs consistently as a protective style. Love them. Being that I have two big events coming up, I wanted to invest in a quality lacefront human hair wig. I looked at vixenlacewigs.com. Gorgeous units, but the reviews on the facebook page were horrible. I exchanged e-mails with the owner and she assured me that everything was fine and the unit I wanted was in stock. The very next day, Muffinsismylovers uploaded a youtube video going off on this same company. Then, Jam Poet uploaded a youtube video on the same company. Needless to say, I did not make my purchase.

After doing more research, I am finding that a lot of the "quality" wig vendors such as Royalty Wigs , My Little Secrets, and others are having serious customer service issues.

Has anyone experienced/heard about this? I am starting to think that if I spend a lot of money for a wig, I should be able to touch it, feel it, try it on, something. Buying from these online vendors is becoming risky.

Any thoughts?

Girl dont order from them. Muffins and PhillyJamDiva done both made YT videos about that company. I order from Aliexpress. Most wig companies go there buy them wholesale and jack up the price

tdwillis

Great. Thanks for the advice. It seems as if this whole drama did light a fire under Vixen and she is responding to every question on her facebook page. But she might be trying to save face at this point. I will look into Aliexpress.

Tiye

I make my own wigs but if I was going to put out money for a lace wig, I'd want to see it in person first. This isn't easy for most people coz you can't find a shop that sells quality lace wigs just anywhere. And most bss don't carry high cost/high quality lace wigs. A lot of people go online because of the selection and the lower prices. But this is always going to be a gamble. One person having a bad cs experience can always be a fluke coz some people are problem customers - but when you see multiple bad reviews then you should stay away. Always check the vendor's return policy before you order anything.

tdwillis

Tiye, that is a very good point. I wish I could make my own wigs. I tried once and it was a disaster. But these vendor stories are making me nervous, so I might need to watch some youtube tutorials.

CurlsBazillion

Its a shame because I wanted to buy the Kenya and the Chloe from vixen and when I saw the bad review on here I backed out of it. The wig I got from platinum lace wigs came on time but it sheds really bad and I'm not sure if its remy, it tangles like crazy. I wanted a wig from Zara but i didn't want to pay so much for it. Looks like I got what I paid for. I've seen bad reviews for almost all the wig companies unfortunately. It's hard out here for a wig girl.

nappystorm

tdwillis said:
Great. Thanks for the advice. It seems as if this whole drama did light a fire under Vixen and she is responding to every question on her facebook page. But she might be trying to save face at this point. I will look into Aliexpress.

My vendor is Sunnymay. She has over a 90% approval rating and I got mine in 2 days. I dunno about the other vendors on there.

tdwillis

nappystorm does Sunnymay have a website?

DayDreamist. I understand. I have heard so many mixed reviews on the hair. It is ridiculous to pay so much money and get the "quality" of a synthetic. One girl stated that after wearing her wig from vixen for twenty four hours, it was a tangled mess. Another girl said she had to deep condition her wig. I couldn't believe this was Indian Remy. That type of hair shouldn't have that characteristic. Now vixenlacewigs is responding to absolutely every inquiry on her site. I wonder....