Wig, Weave and Ponytail Challenge 2022-2024

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Its officially wig season! I saw that there was no wig challenge for this year so I decided to make one. I also decided to include weaves and ponytails because they are similar protective styles. (a ponytail is just a small wig!) Join me and post your regimen and some wigs, weave or ponytail styles or ideas you want to try!

I plan on wigging it until it gets too hot for a wig and then ponytailing it until it gets too cold for a ponytail. My goal is 6 months in a wig and 6 months in a ponytail.

I prefer getting my braid down professionally done. I cant grip my hair tight enough to my liking and the braids don't last as long. I'm looking to wash and blow out my hair and go to the Africans for an 8 straight back cornrows. My goal is 6-8 weeks per braid down and moisturizing 2x a week with a mix of dove intensive repair conditioner and Roux Argan Oil Keratin Repair & Shine Leave In Treatment.

This is my signature look right now for work but I would like to try different styles on the weekend or on date night.
1665445892152.png

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Ok so you rang. And I swear if you heard a scream it’s from me laughing at a pony is a small wig.
I wig exclusively and do ponytails only the first few weeks after a relaxer. My current wig is attached. I wash twice a week focusing on hydration and hoping for some retention as I close out my first yr of relaxers.

Attachments

• 3A7D2092-5331-4D94-B32B-B3D23EF89ECD.jpeg
    3A7D2092-5331-4D94-B32B-B3D23EF89ECD.jpeg
    668.4 KB · Views: 57

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Ok so you rang. And I swear if you heard a scream it’s from me laughing at a pony is a small wig.
I wig exclusively and do ponytails only the first few weeks after a relaxer. My current wig is attached. I wash twice a week focusing on hydration and hoping for some retention as I close out my first yr of relaxers.
That wig is cute! One day I will be adventurous and wear color but I'm a 1/1b girl.

I got a cart at wig types, amazon and sams beauty! :shopping:I'm committing to the style lol

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I’m mad you got carts everywhere. I refuse to get one on Amazon again but Sams beauty I have put some kid through prek
LOL:lachen:

I woud like a human hair one but i like the look of yaki syntehtic units better when it comes to straight hair.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I feel so odd wearing my wig today. I just wore my synthie half wig with a headband and I feel like it’s so obvious I’m wearing a wig

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I feel so odd wearing my wig today. I just wore my synthie half wig with a headband and I feel like it’s so obvious I’m wearing a wig
I have been the stereotype flipping wigs mid week like if the wig ain’t snapping I flip. I use to rough it but now baby I will have a full color change.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I have been the stereotype flipping wigs mid week like if the wig ain’t snapping I flip. I use to rough it but now baby I will have a full color change.
I didn't want to be that one but it seems like ill be switching frequently. IDC if everyone knows its not my hair anymore! I'll try to only switch once a week after this week tho just so I wont become talk of the town. I'm new here so they are talking about me already.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Human hair headband wigs > Synthetic half wigs with headbands.

The hump is a dead giveaway. I will be wearing human hair from here on out but what I don't like is my wigs wont hold a curl

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I didn't want to be that one but it seems like ill be switching frequently. IDC if everyone knows its not my hair anymore! I'll try to only switch once a week after this week tho just so I wont become talk of the town. I'm new here so they are talking about me already.
Honey let them talk as that’s none of your business. Say your post in the random thoughts about no longer actively trying to grow your hair but just keeping it healthy and haven’t felt a post so deep.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Honey let them talk as that’s none of your business. Say your post in the random thoughts about no longer actively trying to grow your hair but just keeping it healthy and haven’t felt a post so deep.
Yeah my hair doesn't really want to grow. Maybe it will grow if I just leave it alone under my wigs and ponytails but that's not my main focus right now. I'm just going to do my own thing and will see what happens.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Yeah my hair doesn't really want to grow. Maybe it will grow if I just leave it alone under my wigs and ponytails but that's not my main focus right now. I'm just going to do my own thing and will see what happens.
I’m leaning towards the same. I have been chasing long hair my whole life probably a small retirement in products to still have thin, fine grazing sl before I have to trim.

Tell me why I now have a cart w Sams beauty and I’m like :look:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I was really about to swear off synthies until my yaki headband wig curls fell faster than kanye west approval ratings today. I want straighter styles for work and I hate my curls dropping. Then you gotta put all the work into setting it again. I’d rather just wear a synthie.

I guess I’m wearing a different wig every day this week until I can find a groove in my morning and evening routines.:look:

GGsKin

I was really about to swear off synthies until my yaki headband wig curls fell faster than kanye west approval ratings today. I want straighter styles for work and I hate my curls dropping. Then you gotta put all the work into setting it again. I’d rather just wear a synthie.

I guess I’m wearing a different wig every day this week until I can find a groove in my morning and evening routines.:look:
But yaki is renowned for not holding curls. Its the main reason I don’t have more wigs. I'm always searching to find a texture that isn't too sleek, or shiny for my liking, and I don't like wearing them straight. Still, all this talk is making want to braid my hair down but I do love a frontal and dealing with my own hair is easier for me right now. I'd love to see some pics of your different looks this week. The variety sounds nice and carefree. I'm sure you are looking fabulous.

GeMnEye

Right now I am doing my own twists with outre spring Afro twist hair. I was planning on doing this for as long as I can but it can be time consuming parting my hair out. I might go and let someone part my hair out and then do the twist myself to save time. After I take these twists out I am going to do a trim. I haven’t trimmed in a long time and I wonder if it’s stunting my growth. I went to the Africans and let them do some braids. Well Senegalese twists and then braids. After I took down the twists my hair had breakage but I thought I was tripping. I went back and they braided my hair the tightest it’s ever been in life and I think they did it on purpose. It hurt soooo bad I had to take Tylenol or Advil. I’ve never in my life had to do that and I’ve had tight braids. While these were in I had breakage around each and every braid. Down to my scalp. So needless to say my hair has severely thinned out and is slowly bouncing back. So in the meantime I am just trying to hide it until I can get it back to what it once was.

I have my staple products and figured out the best braid out technique for my hair. It was growing and getting more full and that set me all the way back so I really don’t even trust anyone to braid my hair or touch it all at this point. I want some cornrows but I don’t trust anyone. So twists it is for now, done by me.

I also had major success wearing synthetic units and cornrowing my own hair underneath for a month at a time. I’m done with lace fronts. They always slip back and take my edges with them. If I do start wearing a synthetic unit again I’d rather it be something with a full bang in the front so I have to see what I can find. I’m not looking for parts or anything like that I just want something simple I can throw on that doesn’t need too much work and my hair can be cornrowed underneath and grow fast. I wouldn’t mind some color or a few in different colors but I want that old school China bang full synthetic wig lol.

VinDieselsWifey

I have managed to get curls to stay in human yaki textures by using Caruso steam rollers.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
But yaki is renowned for not holding curls. Its the main reason I don’t have more wigs. I'm always searching to find a texture that isn't too sleek, or shiny for my liking, and I don't like wearing them straight. Still, all this talk is making want to braid my hair down but I do love a frontal and dealing with my own hair is easier for me right now. I'd love to see some pics of your different looks this week. The variety sounds nice and carefree. I'm sure you are looking fabulous.
I bought this wig from y wigs because a YouTuber curled it and it looked good. My wig still looks good though. I flexi rodded the curls. They are just not as tight as when I took them out. I think I can wear it 2 more days before I need to reset them. I might post pics. I’ve gotten lazy about photo documenting my journey.

and do a braid down and join me in fake hair funnery lol:drunk:

today I wore Jeanette today

1665706335660.jpeg
I cut her to shoulder length but boy was I serving a look today:kiss3: I am also glad I wore synthetic today because it’s raining cats and dogs and I didn’t have to hide from the rain!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Right now I am doing my own twists with outre spring Afro twist hair. I was planning on doing this for as long as I can but it can be time consuming parting my hair out. I might go and let someone part my hair out and then do the twist myself to save time. After I take these twists out I am going to do a trim. I haven’t trimmed in a long time and I wonder if it’s stunting my growth. I went to the Africans and let them do some braids. Well Senegalese twists and then braids. After I took down the twists my hair had breakage but I thought I was tripping. I went back and they braided my hair the tightest it’s ever been in life and I think they did it on purpose. It hurt soooo bad I had to take Tylenol or Advil. I’ve never in my life had to do that and I’ve had tight braids. While these were in I had breakage around each and every braid. Down to my scalp. So needless to say my hair has severely thinned out and is slowly bouncing back. So in the meantime I am just trying to hide it until I can get it back to what it once was.

I have my staple products and figured out the best braid out technique for my hair. It was growing and getting more full and that set me all the way back so I really don’t even trust anyone to braid my hair or touch it all at this point. I want some cornrows but I don’t trust anyone. So twists it is for now, done by me.

I also had major success wearing synthetic units and cornrowing my own hair underneath for a month at a time. I’m done with lace fronts. They always slip back and take my edges with them. If I do start wearing a synthetic unit again I’d rather it be something with a full bang in the front so I have to see what I can find. I’m not looking for parts or anything like that I just want something simple I can throw on that doesn’t need too much work and my hair can be cornrowed underneath and grow fast. I wouldn’t mind some color or a few in different colors but I want that old school China bang full synthetic wig lol.
I don’t like lacefronts that much. Too much work for it to look nice. Have you tried the headband wig look? They are my favorite kind of wig. I wish I could rock the china bang look but it just doesn’t go with my face

VinDieselsWifey

Omg I threw my carusos out because I never used them. I wonder if they still make them
I bought my set about 10-11 years ago off eBay and found more different sized rollers at Sally’s. The box for my set looks straight out of 1992 but it works!:lachen:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
My foray into damp bunning didn't fare well so I'm back to wigs. I currently have 4-5 synthetic ones of various lengths that I rotate through. Most of them are black or darkest brown. I really want a lace front with a closure(?). The sleekness of the hairline appeals to me.

Right now I'm in mini braids but I also just ordered a Dyson dryer and want to try it out. I may use it to do monthly blow outs to stretch my hair before cornrows. I'm working out at the gym 4 days a week now and they will be better under the wig.

GeMnEye

I don’t like lacefronts that much. Too much work for it to look nice. Have you tried the headband wig look? They are my favorite kind of wig. I wish I could rock the china bang look but it just doesn’t go with my face
No I haven’t tried those yet. They look nice but doesn’t some hair have to be left out? I might get one to try and see if it’s better on my edges.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
My foray into damp bunning didn't fare well so I'm back to wigs. I currently have 4-5 synthetic ones of various lengths that I rotate through. Most of them are black or darkest brown. I really want a lace front with a closure(?). The sleekness of the hairline appeals to me.

Right now I'm in mini braids but I also just ordered a Dyson dryer and want to try it out. I may use it to do monthly blow outs to stretch my hair before cornrows. I'm working out at the gym 4 days a week now and they will be better under the wig.
I love my dyson dryer. I also have the comb attachment and it gives me really straight results very quickly

Napp

Ms. Nobody
No I haven’t tried those yet. They look nice but doesn’t some hair have to be left out? I might get one to try and see if it’s better on my edges.
I just leave my baby hairs out for a more natural look. I leave just a bare minimum out

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I’ve decided To just wear wavy units to work so I won’t have to worry about dropping curls. I bought 3 units from Amazon that I will rotate weekly on a 4 week schedule.
Week 1: loose deep wave
Week 2: water wave
Week 3: deep wave
Week 4: braid out on kinky straight hair

I am also going to refrain from buying more wigs. I have enough

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Sc
I’ve decided To just wear wavy units to work so I won’t have to worry about dropping curls. I bought 3 units from Amazon that I will rotate weekly on a 4 week schedule.
Week 1: loose deep wave
Week 2: water wave
Week 3: deep wave
Week 4: braid out on kinky straight hair

I am also going to refrain from buying more wigs. I have enough
Scratch all that. I am going to just wear my kinky curly wig to work. It’s easier and lower maintenance. I will wear my long wigs on the weekend