Wig, Weave and Ponytail Challenge 2022-2024

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Where are you ladies getting some of your wigs from? Most of mine honestly come from my local BSS but they don't update their selections that often so I feel like I've seen all I'm going to see from them. I try to look at YT reviews but most of the ladies get theirs free as PR. Right now, I want to splurge a little on a very nice lace front but I want a reputable place to get it at.
I hear my first wig is pretty good. I personally love my Ywigs wigs but they were all headband wigs. Don’t get wigs from Amazon. Every wig and ponytail I’ve gotten from them looks off. AliExpress is a gamble but I’ve gotten nice stuff from them

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I get full-head wigs. I tried getting lace wigs, but I have trouble making the lace look natural. It's easier to just plop on the full-head wig and go.
Can you recommend any decent looking full wigs? I think they make me look older in a bad way lol

I don’t want to be wigless for my upcoming birthday! I don’t want to be wearing a boring everyday ponytail. maybe ill slick my hair back and wear a wig for the day and then go back to my daily ponytail

NaturalEnigma

Can you recommend any decent looking full wigs? I think they make me look older in a bad way lol

I don’t want to be wigless for my upcoming birthday! I don’t want to be wearing a boring everyday ponytail. maybe ill slick my hair back and wear a wig for the day and then go back to my daily ponytail
Sure! These are my 3 favorite wigs. I get the most compliments from them and they look natural. I used to buy black wigs all the time but I’m starting to love the look of brown hair.

alanaturelle

Hello, is it too late to join this challenge? I'm considering either wigs or weaves for the next year. I had several setbacks due to life and work, my hair is back to SL and I really need to leave it alone and hide it, lol.

NaturalEnigma

Sure! These are my 3 favorite wigs. I get the most compliments from them and they look natural. I used to buy black wigs all the time but I’m starting to love the look of brown hair.

@Napp Okay, I’m adding more to this list, because I got a shipment today of some of the wigs I ordered and tried them on today and I already can see which ones are going to be my faves. I’m kind of mad at myself cause I was trying to be experimental with different color wigs and I just look like I had on a Halloween wig. Lol, I brought a burgundy wig because I always wanted to try red hair and I looked crazy lol, but the wig was so nice so I have to reorder it in 1B.

A lot of these wig websites (e.g. ebonyline.com, shophairwigs.com) are having really good sales. Now is a good time to buy. What are some of you guys favorite full head wigs?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@Napp Okay, I’m adding more to this list, because I got a shipment today of some of the wigs I ordered and tried them on today and I already can see which ones are going to be my faves. I’m kind of mad at myself cause I was trying to be experimental with different color wigs and I just look like I had on a Halloween wig. Lol, I brought a burgundy wig because I always wanted to try red hair and I looked crazy lol, but the wig was so nice so I have to reorder it in 1B.

A lot of these wig websites (e.g. ebonyline.com, shophairwigs.com) are having really good sales. Now is a good time to buy. What are some of you guys favorite full head wigs?

I wish I could wear bangs! They just don’t look right on me

MzSwift

Oohh, Meghan is super cute! TFS!
I like to stick w shorter wigs so this is right up my alley.

I want to be impressed w my hair when I do my length checks so the shorter wigs help to offer more of a contrast to my hair.
Sometimes when I go from longer extension styles, I'm unimpressed w my hair. lol

Last edited:

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Just ordered this wig in blonde and honey blonde. I’m going to be real extra in the blonde one.

I really loved how I look in blonde and since life is short might as well give all.

NaturalEnigma

Oohh, Meghan is super cute! TFS!
I like to stick w shorter wigs so this is right up my alley.

I want to be impressed w my hair when I do my length checks so the shorter wigs help to offer more of a contrast to my hair.
Sometimes when I go from longer extension styles, I'm unimpressed w my hair. lol
I like shorter wigs too! I feel like they fit my face more. Yeah, for me after wearing a wig or weave for a long time going back to my natural shorter hair is always a shock and adjustment for me, especially when you’ve been around new people who haven’t seen your natural hair yet. I hope to wear my natural hair in between wearing wigs during the winter just so I can experiment with new natural hairstyles and not forgot that I’m natural. Lol.

naturalyogini

My 7 month old curly lace wig looked like an old lady wig hat. And it's too tight. While I was in the ladies room at work getting ready to go home, I snatched it off and threw it in the trash. Put on my wool hat. I covered it with paper towels so as not to scare the housekeeping staff to death. I hate wigs. I guess it's me and turbans. I used to have beautiful hair. Getting old is a $#%#@

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
My 7 month old curly lace wig looked like an old lady wig hat. And it's too tight. While I was in the ladies room at work getting ready to go home, I snatched it off and threw it in the trash. Put on my wool hat. I covered it with paper towels so as not to scare the housekeeping staff to death. I hate wigs. I guess it's me and turbans. I used to have beautiful hair. Getting old is a $#%#@
Omg I just screamed not that it would scare staff. A too tight wig is a crime.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I decided I am going to stick to the ponytails because I don’t want to pay to get my hair braided lol. I’ll do a swoop bun for my birthday to change it up a little. Plus I’m feeling my 10 inch kinky curly ponies. I have 3 currently in rotation:look:
I can dig it. I’m glad I can braid down they not cute but they gets it done. I would love to see your pony flow. I’m going to do a high pony for my Pilates class

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I can dig it. I’m glad I can braid down they not cute but they gets it done. I would love to see your pony flow. I’m going to do a high pony for my Pilates class
I would braid down myself but i cant blow dry my hair right now because of what happened the other day.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
My local BSS must have heard me complaining about the inventory because they recently got some new wigs in and they were on sale B1G1 Free. I looked at about 6 but only picked up 2. If the sale is still going tomorrow, I'll get 2 more.

I also got some items to make a crochet wig. I have some dark blue and purple Marley hair that I want to use and make into twists.