Wig, Weave and Ponytail Challenge 2022-2024

alove15

I like this thread! I’ve been wigging since August. I’m using a kinky straight wig with curly edges. Just got another one to rotate. I secure my wig daily with bobby pins and/or got2b on the sides.

I wash/DC weekly, blowdry on low and pin my hair up.

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I love wearing my wigs but the ponytails are just as convenient. I have so many nice wigs collecting dust because I don’t think my boyfriend likes them which is why I’ve been wearing ponytails

alove15

I need to finesse my new kinky straight wig. I’ll wash, style, and cut the lace today. Trying to do it all before brunch lol

Also for anyone that rotates their wigs (esp HH) to make them last; how often are you doing it?

Last edited:

alove15

Considering a 5x5 closure wig instead of my 13x6’s for easier application. Also, switching from got2b to ebin spray has been a game changer!

alove15

Finally got a closure wig! Pretty sure I can rock it with a tiny bit of ebin spray or bobby pins. Also been strict with M+S 1-2x daily, which my hair has been loving.

MzSwift

looking for a realistic wig with bangs

We are on the same tip right now!
Except, mine doesn't even need to be realistic, LOL!
There was a member here who had to wear her wig bunned for work. That seems like such a low maintenance way to rock my long wigs that I just can't pull off!! So I'm gonna give it a try. I just bought two wigs with bangs off of Amazon and I'm planning to just rock them bunned. No need to worry about leave out or cutting/fussing with it to make it look more realistic.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
We are on the same tip right now!
Except, mine doesn't even need to be realistic, LOL!
There was a member here who had to wear her wig bunned for work. That seems like such a low maintenance way to rock my long wigs that I just can't pull off!! So I'm gonna give it a try. I just bought two wigs with bangs off of Amazon and I'm planning to just rock them bunned. No need to worry about leave out or cutting/fussing with it to make it look more realistic.
I want something plop on and go too. I can’t be bothered to do my edges for my headband wigs either

Napp

Ms. Nobody
back in wig mode. I bought a synthie and a human bang wig. I like when the bang is not too thick. I also ended up with this human hair wig that i rally dont want but got suckered into at the bss. i really think that ol girl was trying to get some comission. i got suckered into getting a coconut biosilk as well.

but i was looking at some wigs at gorgius but i dont want to spend that much money

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
No, but that's bc I hadn't seen any good ones. I'm open to trying one though. Wow would that save me a ton of time!
If you can, see if there's any at your local bss. That's where I purchased mine, but keep in mind you may have to finesse it a bit. I saw some nice ones on etsy but ymmv.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I want a glueless wig with a part in it. The bang units i bought just dont look flattering to me.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
IMG_3397_2_50.jpg

Here is a pic of my new basic pony for around the house, small errands and the gym. Its a Zury lady coil in 1b. She is cute but small but perfect for days i want to be low key.

Ponytails, grease and baggying have gotten me to APL. Look at these gains:

October_2022_50.png

Pony tail for life!!!:toocool: