Wigs

silk

I have been dying to color my hair and after toying with the idea I have decided to just get a colored wig and spare my hair the trauma. Well, I am having the hardest time finding a wig that looks real. Am I being unreasonable. I mean are there wigs out there that look real so that even upclose a person couldn't tell. If so please let me know where I can get one. Or at least just let me know who makes good quality wigs and I can check out their website.
Thanks

jainygirl

Hey, try Espicallyyours.com I used to get their catalog and they sell lots of nice wigs specifically for Black women. They have the latest styles by Beverly Johnson and other designers. They also offer alot of variety. HTH---jainygirl

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
Hey, try Espicallyyours.com I used to get their catalog and they sell lots of nice wigs specifically for Black women. They have the latest styles by Beverly Johnson and other designers. They also offer alot of variety. HTH---jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

That should Read Especiallyyours.com

Wanda

I received my wig from Katourlinewigs and I must say that they DO NOT look like the wigs on their web site. The wig I purchased was bulky and fake looking(even though I spent $138.00 on it). If you want a real looking wig, I would suggest you have it made with a stocking cap. HTH

mermaid

That's the reason why going into a wig store worked for me whenever I bought a wig- in a picture, anything can look good, trying it on is the only way to know how it will look on you specifically.

stacy

Wanda, which wig did you buy? I purchased Novia from Katour Line and was very satisfied with the quality (if not the shipping time). Did you buy a specialty wig?

Wanda

I purchased the Ivy wig from the Platinum collection. I paid $138.00. The wig was very bulky(even though it fit perfect). It just looked to shiny and wiggy to me. Since I cannot get my money back, I will just keep it and wear it on Halloween. I will be one of the Supremes....LOL...

InsertCleverNameHere

I was very pleased with my wig from especiallyyours.com and it cost me under $40.

People often think my wig is my real hair (and often think my real hair is fake
)

Madison

[ QUOTE ]
Wanda said:
I purchased the Ivy wig from the Platinum collection. I paid $138.00. The wig was very bulky(even though it fit perfect). It just looked to shiny and wiggy to me. Since I cannot get my money back, I will just keep it and wear it on Halloween. I will be one of the Supremes....LOL...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can not get a refund , how about taking the wig to a salon and have them cut and style it for you.

or either you can purchase a pair of wig thinning shears, thin it out yourself and wrap it with some isoplus wrapping lotion. i guarantee you it won't be bulky anymore.

l0vethyself

I bought a Beverly Johnson Shake and Go Synthetic Wig a week ago.

Pros: Natural Part, Nice Cap

Cons: Raggedy within 3 days, bottom nats up profusely

I will not be buying it again. I paid $40.00 for a less than one week hairstyle. I have bought other synthetic wigs before that have lasted months. I usually shop through ebay or online. I got this one from a BSS.