Wild Growth Oil

Zgirl

who uses this and has it helped your hair grow, like it claims it will?

thanks /images/graemlins/look.gif

Nyambura

surfer girl
Hi Zgirl,
I use Wildgrowth Hair Oil (aka "WGO"). It has not made my hair grow longer. It has kept my hair moist and pliable, which in turn reduces the amount of breakage and allows me to retain more hair. But, for better or worse, my hair growth rate remains steady.

G

Couldn't use it long enough. The smell was too much for me. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Kitkat

Ditto to what Nyambura said. It softens and adds moisture to my hair. But my hair has not grown as a direct result of using it, and my rate of growth has remained steady also. It is good stuff, though.

Allandra

I purchased (and used up) one bottle of Wild Growth Oil. I think it was pretty moisturizing. When I used it, I mainly used it on my hair when it was wet. However, I did not like the smell. My oldest cat Laa Laa just loved the smell. Every time I used that stuff, I had to hurry up and cover up my hair. She would always come close to my hair and smell it. She also wanted to bite my hair (now you know I didn't let her). /images/graemlins/laugh.gif My other cat Ashley wasn't attracted to the smell at all. Another strange thing was whenever I applied it to my scalp, I would always get this strange taste in my mouth (which told me the oil was very absorbing). /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

LondonDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Another strange thing was whenever I applied it to my scalp, I would always get this strange taste in my mouth (which told me the oil was very absorbing).

[/ QUOTE ]
How bizzare, do you think it could be the Iron in the WGO or something?

My oldest cat Laa Laa just loved the smell. Every time I used that stuff, I had to hurry up and cover up my hair. She would always come close to my hair and smell it. She also wanted to bite my hair

[/ QUOTE ]
Awww now that is so cute. LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

londongirl3

Couldn't use it long enough. The smell was too much for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto to that. I used it once and gave it out. It has a horrible smell /images/graemlins/frown.gif

pebbles

I did not like the smell.

[/ QUOTE ] That's the reason why I never bought it. I've heard a few women complain about the smell. /images/graemlins/look.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I don't believe all the hype on their site. But it was great on my fully relaxed hair. It kept my hair moisturized for days which I think keeps the hair from drying up and breaking giving the impression of "wild growth".

But I have 3"-4" of new growth now and it just sits on top of my hair looking greasy. Now I mainly use it in my pre-shampoo hot oil treatment. I tried adding it to my deep conditioner the last time (instead of olive oil and Natural 7), but I wasn't wild about the smell...

The smell! /images/graemlins/nono.gif I think some bottles are older than others because I had one (in the old packaging) that didn't smell bad at all. (The store I get it from has a bad habit of keeping stuff on the shelves too long. I bought some QH Cholestrol from there that had mold in it!) I add essentials oils to mine to improve the smell--peppermint, sage, rosemary, etc. Mine smells like spearmint gum now.