Will You Change Your Hair GoalS when you HIT...

Will you change your hair goals at a certain age

• Long Hair for Life

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 15 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PinkPebbles

A certain AGE?

At LHCF meet-up a young lady and I briefly discussed how our hair goals may change once we hit a certain age. We are both in our late twenties...and surprisingly, I can foresee my goals changing five to ten years from now..
I recently found out that some cultures and ethnicity groups cut their hair at a certain age. Do you foresee your goals changing at a certain age. Would you still desire to have mid-back, waist length, hip-bone, butt-tail, or ankle length hair 10, 20, 30 years from now?

Last edited:

Cichelle

No. One of my hair goals is to wear a long braid down my back when I am "old". :yep: I suppose I could change my mind. But I don't foresee that.

silvergirl

nope, its going to take me a while to get to my goal (hip length unstretched) so im going to enjoy it for as long as i can.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
As others have already mentioned, it's going to take a long time to complete my goal as it stands now (BSL natural unstretched). Therefore, once I get there, I'll be darned if I'm going to then cut it all off.

However, who really knows what the future holds, eh?

ChocalateDiva

I dont think my goals will change, but like another poster said...........who knows what the future may bring.

Last edited:

DreamLife

Eventually I think I will go natural and grow my hair back out again...but not ready for the big chop yet! But I still think I want to have the long hair that I'm working so hard for now.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I used to say that when I turned 40 I would BC and wear a TWA. Then I decided "why wait?" and did it at 34. Now three years and one more chop later I am working too hard to get some real length. I want it long forever!! But I've said that three times before.:ohwell:

RubyWoo

Yup, sure will. I can't see myself being older with long hair:nono:. I love change and over time, I know I will get tired of long hair. I'll probably cut my hair into a cute, shoulder length bob and maintain that style when I'm older.

berry87

I want natural unstretched BSL length hair (thats what i can handle) :lachen:. I want my grandchildren to play in my long hair:grin: But who knows,like many other posters said:drunk:

ClassicBeauty

In my family, it's widely held that long hair is for young women. When you reach a certain age, your hair goes above shoulder length. I'm not sure whether I will be the one to stop the tradition, but that's how I was raised.

Jenai

No - I want to be the crazy old woman with the long white braids. I do plan on going natural at some point.

chicacanella

I think my goals will change depending on how I look with long hair being older. Like I probably will transition from wearing jet black to more lighter and softer colors and I probably would cut it to BSL or MBL if it makes me look younger.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Don't really see a reason to. My great grandmother had WL hair at 89. I use to enjoying playing in it and styling it.

newflowers

When I am an old lady, I will wear overalls and two long silver braids as I work in my rose garden. Long and silver.

I do wonder if I will stop relaxing when I get older, but I do not know - maybe. If I do go natural, I will still grow my hair long and wear a bun in public and long braided pony tails at home. I refuse to be one of the helmet head old ladies.

JustKiya

Oh, heck no!! Long hair for life, right here!! :lachen:

My greatgrandmother had a head of GORGEOUS silverwhite hair, that oddly enough, she never showed and always wore a wig over. My grandmother burnt all her hair off her head messing with perms. My mother ain't all that hair crazy, so apparently the hair love skipped two generations. :grin: I'm taking it back old school, indeedly.

strenght81

Once I hit mid Armpit, I plan on doing a chin lenght bob and start over. I could never stick with anything for too long, hair, men, clothes etc.....:spinning:

mscocoface

As some of the others have said, Looooooooong silver haired braid down my back!

I will get my grand baby girls and grand nieces to play in it and braid it for me. :grin:

The Girl

No. One of my hair goals is to wear a long braid down my back when I am "old". :yep: I suppose I could change my mind. But I don't foresee that.

one of my great aunts did this. Well, kinda. SHe has a long braid that she grew forever and her hubby loved it. One day he pissed her off and she cut it off!..the whole braid! Then,realizing later that she was tripping, she would put the braid in (rolled up or whatever under a hat to fool him). She was older (70+ when I heard the story so :shrugs:) I said that once I reach terminal length (can't get a style anymore length) I would cut it all off and be a jazzy old lady!