WINTER 2011 STEAM CHALLENGE !!!

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Yay Ladies :dance7: :dance7: I will be on the sidelines cheering you on! I will be using my steamer also, but I'm going to hold off on actually joining the challenge...Happy Hair Growing!

me too! get ladies... but I'm having over-moisturized-tresses ISSUES:look:
so I must cut back for a minute on all moisture techniques and I don't even steam often
I may come back one I get it down to a science:ohwell:

thinking... no baggying... just steaming till end of summer

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Lurker here - I am new to steaming. I think steaming for 1hr may have been too long. Hair was dry and coarse. I.used AOWC. I have salons r us steamer (just got it a few weeks ago)

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

Interesting...I used to have the Salonrus steamer and I would always steam for an hour. My hair never was dry even when using protein dc's.

JJamiah

Lurker here - I am new to steaming. I think steaming for 1hr may have been too long. Hair was dry and coarse. I.used AOWC. I have salons r us steamer (just got it a few weeks ago)

Diva Try a Shampoo that specifically says Clarifying Shampoo, add a pinch of Baking Soda. Shampoo 2 times with a good lather. Then get under the steamer with your favorite DC. YOU HAVE me ready to make a trip back to FL. LOLOLOL

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Diva Try a Shampoo that specifically says Clarifying Shampoo, add a pinch of Baking Soda. Shampoo 2 times with a good lather. Then get under the steamer with your favorite DC. YOU HAVE me ready to make a trip back to FL. LOLOLOL
Lol, do u have freq flyer miles? I will try your suggestions. (((Hugs)))

JJamiah

I wish I did, I wish I would have known when I was locked up in Resort in July 2010 because of the heat that would have been awesome LOL, November 2009 we were busy beavers at Disney Erry Day. July was like MONSTER heat, My head was like NOooooooo!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I wish I did, I wish I would have known when I was locked up in Resort in July 2010 because of the heat that would have been awesome LOL, November 2009 we were busy beavers at Disney Erry Day. July was like MONSTER heat, My head was like NOooooooo!
Welcome to FL! :grin:

winona

Steamed for 30 min yesterday with honey, Tucuma Moisturizing Conditioner, AOWC and Ayuvedic Conditioner

mscocopuff

Checking in! I have been steaming lately, but my seboherric dermatitis makes it so hard! I have not found the right combination of oils for my scalp. This is a new problem so if anyone has info that could help me, please let me know!! I need it ASAP! Thanks ladies!

Rossy2010

Are you ladies still steaming your hairs???
Im steaming for 30 mins as i type. i think because of the new growth i will change to steaming every week for 30 minutes until when i have a touch up.
hope you are all well and HHJ

JJamiah

Checking in! I have been steaming lately, but my seboherric dermatitis makes it so hard! I have not found the right combination of oils for my scalp. This is a new problem so if anyone has info that could help me, please let me know!! I need it ASAP! Thanks ladies!

Try Amla Oil that did wonders on my sons psoriasis and it hasn't been a problem since.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm still steaming. I steam 2x/wk.Once with oil and the other with either a protein or moisture dc.

winona

Steaming hair for 40min (1X30min then 1X10min) with AOWC, AORM and castor oil

Last edited: