Winter hair care and Products

Imoan

How do you care for you hair during the winter, or does your rountine stay the same? What are some good products with glycerin further down in the ingredients or w/o glycerin. These products can be on or offline. Thank you... Happy Glory Growing:grin:

loolalooh

Yes, it changes. For me, it's all about retaining moisture and protecting those ends in the winter.

I'm natural, so my hair loves butters. I use a homemade whipped shea butter recipe - shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil, and aloe vera gel. If you're not into mixing products some brands that come to mind are: Qhemet, Oyin, Hairveda, Bee Mine, and Jane Carter.

For protective styling, I wear pinned up twists 3-4 weeks at a time. The same can be done with braids or buns.

bride91501

This will be my first winter as natural. From researching the threads and talking with other members, I've decided to eliminate my glycerin-based moisturizer from my reggie. This makes me so sad (my hair LOVES glycerin lol), but I can't take the risk of a setback because of dry hair leading to breaking hair.

I've switched to an Infusium 23/water/African Royale braiding spray mix for the winter. I've also started adding a bit of honey and castor oil to this mix.

HTH!

Imoan

Thanks alot ladies, I love mixing stuff. I just made a pre poo or sealer, using unrefined shea butter, avocado butter, amla oil and ylang ylang, green tea e.o. I do plan to order some Qhemet BRBC.

QBOE2001

Yes, it changes. For me, it's all about retaining moisture and protecting those ends in the winter.

I'm natural, so my hair loves butters. I use a homemade whipped shea butter recipe - shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil, and aloe vera gel. QUOTE]

If you don't mind my asking what ratio do you use of shea butter to aloe vera gel? I've been trying to come up with my own butter recipe but i can't seem to get the consistency right.

Thanks in advance:grin: