Winter Hair Care Routines

Sha76

I will be keeping my hair in a bunish ponytail. Slathered in whipped Shea butter most days, but down for church on Sunday. I will be washing at least once per week more so if it itches ( if it itches it needs to be washed, IMO)

jewel

Wear wigs!! I have a synthetic one already, I want to get human hair next. Also, keep rockin my ponytail and wear headwraps.

BronzyBella

I was just planning on keeping my hair pulled back with the ends tucked under most of the time, and covering it with a silk scarf & hood when venturing outside, as well as coating my ends with shea butter.

A few people mentioned alternating between co-washes and shampoo washes every week, and that sounds like a very good idea.

Royal Glory

maryj1584 said:
my hair hates manipulation even more than heat, everytime I try to do a braid out or bantu knots or twistout(that one failed miserably), I just get massive breakage. i dont know what to do, my hair acts best when I bun it up for the week or rollerset it for the week, i cant manage anythiing else. I have decided that the next time I wear my hair down, I am going to moisturize and condition it like crazy and then rollerset.I have planned it out. I would

1. Sleep in a NTM mask mixed with evoo (prepoo)
2. Wash with Diluted CON
3. Deep condition with some wheat germ/evoo/honey mix
4. Do a rinse with 12 en 1 mixed with some evoo.
5. Put lots of leave in conditioners, cantu and giovanni and ntm and MNT, evoo and some coco butter.

I hope that is not too much, but i really need to get to go the extra mile to protect my hair this winter. I would probably be rollersetting on sunday.

I'm with you. I like to enjoy my hair. I do plan to wear it up in a french roll two to three days a week and when I do wear it down, cover it with a silk scarf when I go outside.

And yes, of course...moisturize...moisturize...moisturize.

BTW...how do you like "Cantu"? I've been thinking about trying that. You can PM me.

preciousjewel76

I'm in Georgia, and it doesn't get too terribly cold down here (at least to me, I'm originally from Ohio). But I plan to get some satin/silk scarves to wear under my hats, and keep my hair bunned or pinned up. I will also be rockin' my falls and phony pony - especially when I visit Ohio for Christmas.

rdm

1. Try to stretch my 12/15 relaxer 8 weeks
2. Corn row my hair
3. Wash and moisurize once a week. Emphasis on the moisurize part.
4. Wear an Aunt Ester Wig and church hat. J/K. I found a cute wig/fall on especiallyyours.com.

NO HEAT ALL WINTER!!!!!

Last edited: