Winter Hair Care Tips :)

tbaby_8

It hasn't started getting cooler, but this information is going to come in handy come this winter. Keep dishing the info ladies, I am going to need it.

Thanks.

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
For the winter months, my stylist recommended sewing a small silk scarf onto the collar of a wool coat, or any coat that snags the nape of the hair. I am going to try it atry this winter.

Lady Esquire

Is this not JUNE how did this get started, it's in the 80-90 in the mid\west
Yeah, but the Fall sneaks up on you, and its a timely thread, 'cause I have been co-washing daily for about a month now, and plan on doing it for the rest of the year, and wondering how I would pull it off in the winter. You know we LHCFers always PLAN AHEAD.

CurliDiva

Heat up (microwave) your deep conditioner before applying - you may not generate as much body heat if you using just a plastic cap.

Don't be afraid of water or water based products as long as you are NOT leaving the home with drippy wet hair.

Remember only water truly moisturize!

Blessed_Angel

Great thread!!!! K, let's see:

1) All u overnight-baggy'ers and/or air-dryers: Make sure you dont go outside with your hair wet or too damp, for a prolonged period of time. Your hair can freeze and BREAK off if its cold enough!

2) If you dont already, give yourself a hot oil treatment at least once a month. This will put some of the moisture back in ure hair that the cold, dry winter months rob from us.

Great tips...I haven't done a hot oil treatment in years...what the difference b/w that and oil rinses?

Take heat protection a step further and wear silk on your hair indoors and in the car since artificial heaters stress your hair too.

Great idea, I'm gonna do that.

Yeah, but the Fall sneaks up on you, and its a timely thread, 'cause I have been co-washing daily for about a month now, and plan on doing it for the rest of the year, and wondering how I would pull it off in the winter. You know we LHCFers always PLAN AHEAD.

So true. I'm planning my "winter hair" NOW!! :grin:

Blessed_Angel

Another tip, use a humidifier at night while sleeping, great for the hair and skin!

I just got one last week; I wonder if I should have one in the livingroom and one in the bedroom? :look:

Heat up (microwave) your deep conditioner before applying - you may not generate as much body heat if you using just a plastic cap.

Don't be afraid of water or water based products as long as you are NOT leaving the home with drippy wet hair.

Remember only water truly moisturize!

I'm gonna try that this week.

Also....BUMPING!! :lachen: