Winter Hair Care

tatje

I'm just wondering how do you protect your hair in the winter time and what styles do you keep your hair in? Are cowashes good in the winter?

baglady215

I tend to wash less in the winter because I almost always airdry and my hair is never dry by morning. So I usually wash once per week. I usually do buns as a style.

Nice & Wavy

I'm not doing many co-washes this winter (first winter au natural). I will take extra care of my tresses by doing more hot oil treatments, deep condtioning, moisturizing with really good products and bunning. I will not let my ends out at all until the spring. (April 1st :p ).

taraglam2

In the Winter I am bunning my hair or wearing some type of protective style 95% of the time. Baltimore, Maryland weather rips through my hair like crazy [winds, severe coldness ] so this is best for me. I try do a good deep conditioning treatment with heat at least once a week, sometimes twice a week, just depends on how my hair feels.

I start co-washing on a daily basis around March, April and that is when I wear my wet bun or wash-n-go bun---still trying to perfect it.

KathyMay

tatje said:
I'm just wondering how do you protect your hair in the winter time and what styles do you keep your hair in? Are cowashes good in the winter?

To protect my hair in the winter time I have been bunning it and take it down every other day and CW it. CW have been benefincal to me this winter, I used to get my hair braided all the time so I didn't have to worry about it during the cold winter months. I have been stalling on getting more braids because my hair is thriving.