Wintertime, Scarves, and Nape Care Question

PaperClip

I've learned to avoid wool scarves because the wool breaks my hair at the nape. I have a scarf that is 91 percent viscose and 9 percent metallic. Any information on what "viscose" is and if it is ok/non-damaging to the hair at the nape?

I have no idea, but I want to know. I was also thinking of having 1 side of my wool scarf lined with satin so I can keep the satin side close to my head and the wool side out, but I'm not so sure because satin gets very cold! What do u guys think?

I'm not sure about "viscose" but yesterday I wore a cotton turtleneck with my hair in a bun all day. When I took my hair down last night for bed, my nape hair was matted :ohwell:. I say use the most soft silky scarf you can find to protect the nape this winter.

I'm not sure about "viscose" but yesterday I wore a cotton turtleneck with my hair in a bun all day. When I took my hair down last night for bed, my nape hair was matted :ohwell:. I say use the most soft silky scarf you can find to protect the nape this winter.

Hmmm.... I should just take this wrap back to the store then....

Isn't viscose rayon? I think it's just another name for it. To decide whether to wear it near the hair, I would go by how the fabric feels to the touch and how absorbent it is.

Back