Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Brides

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Hello Beautiful Married Ladies:

Please share how God brought you and your husband together. This will encourage the Brides to be to not give up on their Marriage Dreams.

With God all things are beyond possible. Each of you are living proof of this.

With all of my heart, I pray the Blessings of the Lord upon each of you from this day forth and forever more. Your wedding vows are only the beginning of the Best of God's Best to come upon you in this life. I pray that no weapon formed against you or your husband or family shall prosper and that each of you will prosper and be in health even as your souls prosper more and more in the Lord.

For you and your hubbie: I love this scripture for Marriage...

1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. (Philipians 2:1-2)

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen... :love3:

Beautiful Wives, thank you so much for sharing.... to edify the hearts of those on the path to matrimony. Blessed is the fruit of your body and blessed is the rich fruit of your marriage. In Jesus' Name, again and again, Amen.

momi

Re: Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Br

This is a great thread topic! Mine is long... Will have to wait until I am off of the blackberry. "Ill be back!"
"

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Re: Wives: Please Share How God Answered Your Marriage Prayers - Encourage Future Br

This is a great thread topic! Mine is long... Will have to wait until I am off of the blackberry. "Ill be back!"
"
"Ill b

"
momi, thank you sooooo much. This forum is gonna' be filled with Newly and Re-Newly Weds. :happydance:

We need to have a Huge Bridal Shower... :happydance: :woot: Do the LHCF Electric Slide... :happydance: :pulpdance:

Blessings. I can't wait to 'hear' your Blessed testimony. In meantime, I'll gonna' get my 'Beauty sleep'. :lol:

Sweet sleep angels. This going to be a beautiful thread full of matrimony. :love3:

yodie

Married ladies, thank you to all of you who will share your stories as an encouragement to all of us who are expecting to meet our Knights in Shining Armor (great book ladies).

Before I read Shimmie's last post, I said to myself that all the conversations with you ladies about marriage are as if I'm having a virtual bridal shower with all of you...and then I read Shimmie's post.

I look forward to all the stories yet to come.

Oh, I'm curled up with my copy of "The power of a praying wife." I decided to say one of these prayers for my husband every night as the Holy Spirit leads. Single ladies, this is a great book. Pick up a copy if you don't have one. Join me. Let's start praying for our gift from God. Brought my book 2/15/02. Wow!!

Be blessed!

goldielocs

OK- here goes...

My DH and I are actually from the same small town, but we didn't meet until we started dating as adults. Even more ironic, he is related to my mother's husband. We didn't find that out until after we got engaged. Anyway...here's the story...

I got saved at 17, but didn't live my life right until i had my daughter at 22. God blessed me with that child and even before her birth, I knew it. After having her, I promised that if I didn't get married before her 5th birthday then I would remain single. I grew up in a family where I was the stepchild and felt like one everyday. I was not going to let that happen to my baby. So, when I had her I left home and we lived in an apartment. I worked and struggled for 2 years and when it was obvious I needed help, I moved back home. I didn't want to, but oh well....

I got a job as a receptionist and settled in at home. After being there for about 2 months, one of my co-workers asked me if I was dating. It's a small town so there isn't much privacy. I told him no and I wasn't looking. He persisted and said he knew someone who was saved and was a nice guy. I brushed him off and went on about my business. The next day, he lingered around and asked again. I told him to tell the guy to call me at work during lunch if he wanted to talk to me. I wasn't about to give him my number!

He called and we talked. He seemed ok, but I wasn't impressed. He asked for my number and I said no, but I'll take yours. I called about 3 or 4 days later and we had a nice conversation. We talked on the phone for 4 weeks before we set eyes on one another. During that time, I was asking around about him. I had my grandfather check him out. Once I got a good report back from my grandfather, I lowered my defenses a little.

We decided to meet at a basketball game at the high school. I was suprized at how cute he was. Very nicely dressed and clean-cut.
Ok- potential...

We started dating. We usually went to each other's churches or to family type venues because my daughter was always with us. I wanted him to know it was a package deal.

Another thing- the man knew the Word y'all! One night we were at Bible study and he just took the lesson and ran with it. I was quite impressed to say the least. That night, my pastor's wife pulled me to the side and told me she liked him - so far.

About 5 months into dating, my the water pump in my car was leaking. I mentioned to him I needed to get it fixed- just in conversation. Do you know, that sweet man called my mother and asked if he could come over that night and fix my car so I wouldn't have to pay for it??? He's a mechanic. I didn't know anything about it until the next morning when I was heading out of the door and noticed a card and rose sitting in the front seat. That boy was good.

He didn't "sweep me off my feet," but he has always been about taking care of me. Just writing this post is bringing up things he's done that I forgot about. Daycare bills that were already paid when I went to settle the bill, getting my daughter's hair done by a cousin when I was too busy, a certificate to a day spa for my birthday- he proved to me that he wanted to be a covering for me. I need to give him a kiss when he gets home from work...

He asked my mother and grandfather for my hand around Christmas and we got engaged the following week on New Years Day. We planned on a year long engagement, but he was called up to go to Iraq for 18 months. I was not a happy girl. Even though I didn't want to, we went ahead and married 3 months later in March. He said he wanted to make sure we were taken care of while he was gone.

The time between having my daughter to the time I met my husband was rough. I didn't want to even get married because I was afraid my daughter wouldn't be treated fairly, but God knew who my husband would be and how he needed to approach me. Looking back, I don't think it could have happened any other way than it did because I can be quite stubborn...

I hope that wasn't TMI.

yodie

Beautiful, goldielocs!! I was swept off of my feet when you mentioned how he fixed your car, handled tuition and became a covering for you.

Yep, he deserves plenty of kisses! Lol!!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Pooks

Oh, I'm curled up with my copy of "The power of a praying wife." I decided to say one of these prayers for my husband every night as the Holy Spirit leads. Single ladies, this is a great book. Pick up a copy if you don't have one. Join me. Let's start praying for our gift from God. Brought my book 2/15/02. Wow!!

Be blessed!

Thanks for reminding me yodie, I have a copy of this at home! Subscribing to read the responses when I need a heart hug, thanks for the thread Shimmie!

Spongie Bloom

This will be a great thread, Im 22 and graduating this time next yr when I'll be 23 and lately I have been thinking about marriage and children, so I am planning to get married by the time I am 26 but for some reason, the number 25 is stuck in my head though. I think I MIGHT have already met my husband but I am not sure yet.

Thank you in advance ladies for all your testimonies.

Shimmie

Staff member

OK- here goes...

My DH and I are actually from the same small town, but we didn't meet until we started dating as adults. Even more ironic, he is related to my mother's husband. We didn't find that out until after we got engaged. Anyway...here's the story...

I got saved at 17, but didn't live my life right until i had my daughter at 22. God blessed me with that child and even before her birth, I knew it. After having her, I promised that if I didn't get married before her 5th birthday then I would remain single. I grew up in a family where I was the stepchild and felt like one everyday. I was not going to let that happen to my baby. So, when I had her I left home and we lived in an apartment. I worked and struggled for 2 years and when it was obvious I needed help, I moved back home. I didn't want to, but oh well....

I got a job as a receptionist and settled in at home. After being there for about 2 months, one of my co-workers asked me if I was dating. It's a small town so there isn't much privacy. I told him no and I wasn't looking. He persisted and said he knew someone who was saved and was a nice guy. I brushed him off and went on about my business. The next day, he lingered around and asked again. I told him to tell the guy to call me at work during lunch if he wanted to talk to me. I wasn't about to give him my number!

He called and we talked. He seemed ok, but I wasn't impressed. He asked for my number and I said no, but I'll take yours. I called about 3 or 4 days later and we had a nice conversation. We talked on the phone for 4 weeks before we set eyes on one another. During that time, I was asking around about him. I had my grandfather check him out. Once I got a good report back from my grandfather, I lowered my defenses a little.

We decided to meet at a basketball game at the high school. I was suprized at how cute he was. Very nicely dressed and clean-cut.
Ok- potential...

We started dating. We usually went to each other's churches or to family type venues because my daughter was always with us. I wanted him to know it was a package deal.

Another thing- the man knew the Word y'all! One night we were at Bible study and he just took the lesson and ran with it. I was quite impressed to say the least. That night, my pastor's wife pulled me to the side and told me she liked him - so far.

About 5 months into dating, my the water pump in my car was leaking. I mentioned to him I needed to get it fixed- just in conversation. Do you know, that sweet man called my mother and asked if he could come over that night and fix my car so I wouldn't have to pay for it??? He's a mechanic. I didn't know anything about it until the next morning when I was heading out of the door and noticed a card and rose sitting in the front seat. That boy was good.

He didn't "sweep me off my feet," but he has always been about taking care of me. Just writing this post is bringing up things he's done that I forgot about. Daycare bills that were already paid when I went to settle the bill, getting my daughter's hair done by a cousin when I was too busy, a certificate to a day spa for my birthday- he proved to me that he wanted to be a covering for me. I need to give him a kiss when he gets home from work...

He asked my mother and grandfather for my hand around Christmas and we got engaged the following week on New Years Day. We planned on a year long engagement, but he was called up to go to Iraq for 18 months. I was not a happy girl. Even though I didn't want to, we went ahead and married 3 months later in March. He said he wanted to make sure we were taken care of while he was gone.

The time between having my daughter to the time I met my husband was rough. I didn't want to even get married because I was afraid my daughter wouldn't be treated fairly, but God knew who my husband would be and how he needed to approach me. Looking back, I don't think it could have happened any other way than it did because I can be quite stubborn...

I hope that wasn't TMI.
:cry: This is so beautiful. Thank you so much Goldilocs. I praise God for your wonderful husband and your beautiful daughter. Blessings to you, for always. :Rose:

momi

My husband and I attended the same high school... same school but different crowds. We were re-aquianted when I enrolled my son (I was pregnant my last year of high school) in pre-school. He worked at the church where the school was held. As soon as I saw him he gave me a big hug and said "Guess what? I am saved now!) During school we were both saved but were drawn into the world so much that our lights were just about out! After high school and in college I re-dedicated my life to The Lord and set off to find out what it really meant to serve Him. Also around this time i'd found Joshua Harris' book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye". I really did not have a solid grasp on the whole courtship thing but I knew God's plan was drastically different than the one I'd mapped out for myself...

Anyway- even though he wasnt my type (I was always into ballers) something about him seemed so genuine - compared to the other guys I'd dealt with in the past. Something about him just appealed to me... I found myself dressing extra nice on the way to drop my son off. I also noticed that I would run into him almost every morning. I never gave him any indication that I wanted to be anything more than friends - I wanted to make certain that he knew if he wanted me he would have to be the initiator.

Then yall - he started showing up to PTA meetings! His mom later told me that she knew something was going on because he'd never attended a PTA meeting before! At that time he was the Youth Pastor of the church... they were attending a concert and people were signing up on a list to go. He asked me to sign and then asked if he could pick me up to go.

momi

cont'd...

We started seeing each other regularly - he knew that I did not believe in dating just to date. About a year passed and still no serious talk of committment. I asked him in a round about way where he thought the relationship was going. He said he was waiting on God. I quoted Amos -"How can two walk together unless they agree" and ended the relationship. To this day that was one of the hardes things I have done. About a month later he called out of the blue and asked me if I would go to a conference where he was preaching. I reluctantly said yes - when we walked into the sanctuary he dropped down on one knee, broke out the ring and proposed. I fainted.

The funny thing is...he said that he'd had the ring for 6 months but was just waiting on the right time.

That seems like a lifetime ago - but I am happy to be married to my best friend, priest, provider and protector of my home :spinning:

I thank God for him. Sorry this was so long.

Shimmie

Staff member

My husband and I attended the same high school... same school but different crowds. We were re-aquianted when I enrolled my son (I was pregnant my last year of high school) in pre-school. He worked at the church where the school was held. As soon as I saw him he gave me a big hug and said "Guess what? I am saved now!)

During school we were both saved but were drawn into the world so much that our lights were just about out! After high school and in college I re-dedicated my life to The Lord and set off to find out what it really meant to serve Him. Also around this time i'd found Joshua Harris' book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye". I really did not have a solid grasp on the whole courtship thing but I knew God's plan was drastically different than the one I'd mapped out for myself...

Anyway- even though he wasnt my type (I was always into ballers) something about him seemed so genuine - compared to the other guys I'd dealt with in the past. Something about him just appealed to me... I found myself dressing extra nice on the way to drop my son off. I also noticed that I would run into him almost every morning. I never gave him any indication that I wanted to be anything more than friends - I wanted to make certain that he knew if he wanted me he would have to be the initiator.

Then yall - he started showing up to PTA meetings!

His mom later told me that she knew something was going on because he'd never attended a PTA meeting before! At that time he was the Youth Pastor of the church... they were attending a concert and people were signing up on a list to go. He asked me to sign and then asked if he could pick me up to go.

:lachen: I LOVE IT! The 'Then Yall'...... It's adorable.

Okay........ I 'm off to read part 2. This is beautiful, momi. I just had to stop and 'comment' on the, "Then Yall'. This is 'real' girl talk, when we say, "Then Yall'. Love it.

Okay... I'm reading part 2 :bookworm:

Shimmie

Staff member

cont'd...

We started seeing each other regularly - he knew that I did not believe in dating just to date. About a year passed and still no serious talk of committment. I asked him in a round about way where he thought the relationship was going. He said he was waiting on God.

I quoted Amos - "How can two walk together unless they agree" and ended the relationship. To this day that was one of the hardes things I have done.

About a month later he called out of the blue and asked me if I would go to a conference where he was preaching. I reluctantly said yes - when we walked into the sanctuary he dropped down on one knee, broke out the ring and proposed. I fainted.

The funny thing is...he said that he'd had the ring for 6 months but was just waiting on the right time.

That seems like a lifetime ago - but I am happy to be married to my best friend, priest, provider and protector of my home :spinning:

I thank God for him. Sorry this was so long.

Praise God! I'm crying at your courage and your stand upon the word of God. I'm so happy that you stood your ground. I'm happier that he came around and asked in the presence of God to be his wife.

momi, thank you so much. This is beautiful and most definitely not long. You are a Pastor's wife. Praise God! Blessings on your marriage and keep giving him hope and the strength he needs. You are annointed to do just that. You and no one else. :Rose:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"

Great thread!I'm off today and running around... I'll have to come back later to share mines (yes MINES).. :lachen:

Lots of Love & Laughter to all the beautiful Married Women!!!
God bless...

yodie

Keep all these wonderful testimonies coming!!

Momi, loved your story. I loved how he asked you to marry him in the sanctuary. Wow!! I just pulled "I kissed dating goodbye" off my shelf. I'll be curling up with this one too.

Mrs.TheBronx

Hello my lovely Sistas!

My story starts online.... YES... ONLINE! LOL Anyways... It was bout 2001 when I began going hard on Blackplanet... LOL YES.... BLACKPLANET! LOL...

I get this "note" and I click on his profile which was "Vitamin D1" at the time! I knew how they say milk does a body good... so I had to check out who was sending me this note... LOL (I was soo bad) *BTW... Neither one of us were saved at the time* so I check it out and I was like OMGosh... was he fine or was he FINE! LOL so I replied, we talked online and then over the phone... He was from PA while I was from NY. Amazingly, he just happened to be living in Queens for while doing music, so we met up! We had an awesome time. He met my mom and she thought he was too cute and was a playa... She told me, girl, he may be nice to chill with or have fun, but not bf material! That he was a playa! I fed into that thinking yeah, he is too cute... so we stopped talkin, I moved on, but ALWAYS thought about him...

2 years passed... After I moved back to NY from FL... I was still thinking of him and decided to go back on Blackplanet (hadn't been on there in bout a year) just to see if I could relocate him. I sent him a note (thought it was impossible because it had been so long)

Anyways... He REPLIED and was excited to hear from me! That next month, I was in PA visiting him, and 2 weeks after the 1st visit I went back to PA to see him again! (I had just got my license a few months before and just got a $1000 hooptie! LOL) But I did not care; I was going on the road to see my man! LOL we loved being around each other!

Fast Forward... we decided to move together the following year and then we moved to NC in 2005, joined a church we got saved (Thank God for sending Allend) got married in 2007 and now live for Christ! YAY! So glad that He forgave us for all the years we were together not living right! (Drinking, clubbin, fornicating, cursing, pretty much just doing what we wanted living totally wrong and out of His will to be exact) But He spared us! He is so merciful! I praise His name! Thank YOU LORD! :)

My hubby, I call him my lil Obed-Edom, because he wants/is a part of every ministry, (Choir member, youth ministry leader, Youth Sunday school teacher, trustee, Awana leader, VBS leader, Church youth b-ball leader, attends prayer meeting, bible study, jail to visit the youth) just like Obed Edom, all just so He can be in God presence more! I am soo blessed to have him. God DID IT! I know I'm biggin up my boo, but I give all the glory to OUR Father!! :) Thanks Shimmie for the thread! Made me more thankful for my gift from God!

Shimmie

Staff member

Hello my lovely Sistas!

My story starts online.... YES... ONLINE! LOL Anyways... It was bout 2001 when I began going hard on Blackplanet... LOL YES.... BLACKPLANET! LOL...

I get this "note" and I click on his profile which was "Vitamin D1" at the time! I knew how they say milk does a body good... so I had to check out who was sending me this note... LOL (I was soo bad) *BTW... Neither one of us were saved at the time* so I check it out and I was like OMGosh... was he fine or was he FINE! LOL so I replied, we talked online and then over the phone... He was from PA while I was from NY. Amazingly, he just happened to be living in Queens for while doing music, so we met up! We had an awesome time. He met my mom and she thought he was too cute and was a playa... She told me, girl, he may be nice to chill with or have fun, but not bf material! That he was a playa! I fed into that thinking yeah, he is too cute... so we stopped talkin, I moved on, but ALWAYS thought about him...

2 years passed... After I moved back to NY from FL... I was still thinking of him and decided to go back on Blackplanet (hadn't been on there in bout a year) just to see if I could relocate him. I sent him a note (thought it was impossible because it had been so long)

Anyways... He REPLIED and was excited to hear from me! That next month, I was in PA visiting him, and 2 weeks after the 1st visit I went back to PA to see him again! (I had just got my license a few months before and just got a $1000 hooptie! LOL) But I did not care; I was going on the road to see my man! LOL we loved being around each other!

Fast Forward... we decided to move together the following year and then we moved to NC in 2005, joined a church we got saved (Thank God for sending Allend) got married in 2007 and now live for Christ! YAY! So glad that He forgave us for all the years we were together not living right! (Drinking, clubbin, fornicating, cursing, pretty much just doing what we wanted living totally wrong and out of His will to be exact) But He spared us! He is so merciful! I praise His name! Thank YOU LORD! :)

My hubby, I call him my lil Obed-Edom, because he wants/is a part of every ministry, (Choir member, youth ministry leader, Youth Sunday school teacher, trustee, Awana leader, VBS leader, Church youth b-ball leader, attends prayer meeting, bible study, jail to visit the youth) just like Obed Edom, all just so He can be in God presence more! I am soo blessed to have him. God DID IT! I know I'm biggin up my boo, but I give all the glory to OUR Father!! :) Thanks Shimmie for the thread! Made me more thankful for my gift from God!
My eyes have warm tears in them. I knew you had a beautiful testimony. Your husband loves you and I'm so glad that God brought the two of you together as ''One".

Mrs. Obed -Edom, your husband is a 'Keeper of the Gate', a humble man by choice. He has a new song unto the Lord, and although no longer as an Ark, the Presence of the Lord, dwells within you and your husband most abndantly.

I wish you the Blessings 'beyond' that Obed chose. As Obed in the Bible, you could have 'stayed' where you were, but you moved on with the presence of the Lord, filled with the love of the Holy Spirit of God.

You will always, Stay Happy, Stay Married, Stay One. :Rose:

"This" ... You can leave in the DVD player. :giggle:

honeyflaava

Beautiful stories ladies!! Keep 'em coming!

Shimmie - Thank you so much for starting this thread. It gives me encouragement as well as confirmation to what God revealed to me last night about His plan for me for marriage.

Mrs.TheBronx

My eyes have warm tears in them. I knew you had a beautiful testimony. Your husband loves you and I'm so glad that God brought the two of you together as ''One".

Mrs. Obed -Edom, your husband is a 'Keeper of the Gate', a humble man by choice. He has a new song unto the Lord, and although no longer as an Ark, the Presence of the Lord, dwells within you and your husband most abndantly.

I wish you the Blessings 'beyond' that Obed chose. As Obed in the Bible, you could have 'stayed' where you were, but you moved on with the presence of the Lord, filled with the love of the Holy Spirit of God.

You will always, Stay Happy, Stay Married, Stay One. :Rose:

"This" ... You can leave in the DVD player. :giggle:

LOL at that last sentence!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (only few will know what Shimmie means!!!!!!!) LMBO!!!! hehehehehe :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ladybelle

Hi ladies! I love threads like this for two reasons: 1) they inspire and 2) they remind me of how good God has been to me.

My story is a little different. I met my husband my freshman year in college, at a time when marriage was not the least of my worries. I actually met him at a club on the way out, he was at the door waiting on some friends of his. He asked me for my number. It took me a year to start taking him seriously. After that year, things sped up rather quickly. We both always knew God, but you know how some of us say we are Christians but don't resemble them? That's how we were.

Going back for just a second- before I met my husband, I had gotten out of a bad relationship with an older man who was nothing but a player. He broke my heart into little tiny pieces and after that ordeal, I prayed to God : "Lord, I pray that you send me a faithful man who loves me as much as you." I know that's a simple request, but it is a tall order. When I think about how much God loves me and everything he will do and has done?? That's love.

Anyways, back to the story. My husband and I participated in pre-martial sex ( a big no-no) and I was pregnant at 21. I wasn't ready to get married, but neither was my husband. My husband at the time did something that I didn't do, he got his life completely together and turned his life back over to the Lord. I remember making fun at the change in him. I graduated from school with no problem, but the rest of my life was in disarray, emotionally I was scarred from previous events that I allowed to take over my existence. I did everything under the sun to my husband. I mean, when i think back on how I treated him at times, I still cry. But, he kept right on loving me. I remember one time I told him to take me off his pedestal because I never asked to be on one. I know-- :wallbash: (stupid!!)

Fast forward about 5 years and my husband had taken all he could take. He decided he was ready to move on with his life- without me. :perplexed I don't know why some of us have to lose it all in order to realize we had it all,but I was one of those people. It took him doing that for me to really break down and say, "Lord, have your way. Have your way in me." I began to live for God and no other reason. I attended the church DH belong to, not because I wanted DH back, but because that's where God told me I needed to be.

The change in me became evident I guess, and DH came back to me and proposed. He told me, he had never taken me off of that pedestal and he never would. He also told me he was loving me when I didn't know how to love myself. Now that we were two complete individuals - we could be one in marriage. Our daughter is being raised by both of her biological parents... God has truly restored everything to me that Satan tried to rob me of.

Of course, I said yes!!! We've been married for almost three years now. I love that man.

Moral of this story: God answers prayers, he wants to bless us even when we aren't neccessarily worthy of the blessing. God loves us just because and for no other reason. You don't have to be perfect to be loved and to deserve God's favor. God is the God of second, third, fourth, and fifth chances. He takes your worst and gives you his best. All you have to do is trust him and turn it over to him.

Sorry to go on so long.

God bless!!!

Last edited:

Mrs.TheBronx

Hi ladies! I love threads like this for two reasons: 1) they inspire and 2) they remind me of how good God has been to me.

My story is a little different. I met my husband my freshman year in college, at a time when marriage was not the least of my worries. I actually met him at a club on the way out, he was at the door waiting on some friends of his. He asked me for my number. It took me a year to start taking him seriously. After that year, things sped up rather quickly. We both always knew God, but you know how some of us say we are Christians but don't resemble them? That's how we were.

Going back for just a second- before I met my husband, I had gotten out of a bad relationship with an older man who was nothing but a player. Looking back, I think he may have been too old for me. He broke my heart into little tiny pieces and after that ordeal, I prayed to God : "Lord, I pray that you send me a faithful man who loves me as much as you." I know that's a simple request, but it is a tall order. When I think about how much God loves me and everything he will do and has done?? That's love.

Anyways, back to the story. My husband and I participated in pre-martial sex ( a big no-no) and I was pregnant at 21. I wasn't ready to get married, but neither was my husband. My husband at the time did something that I didn't do, he got his life completely together and turned his life back over to the Lord. I remember making fun at the change in him. I graduated from school with no problem, but the rest of my life was in disarray, emotionally I was scared from previous events that I allowed to take over my existence. I did everything under the sun to my husband. I mean, when i think back on how I treated him at times, I still cry. But, he kept right on loving me. I remember one time I told him to take me off his pedestal because I never asked to be on one. I know-- :wallbash: (stupid!!)

Fast forward about 5 years and my husband had taken all he could take. He decided he was ready to move on with his life- without me. :perplexed I don't know why some of us have to lose it all in order to realize we had it all,but I was one of those people. It took him doing that for me to really break down and say, "Lord, have your way. Have your way in me." I began to live for God and no other reason. I attended the church DH belong to, not because I wanted DH back, but because that's where God told me I needed to be.

The change in me became evident I guess, and DH came back to me and proposed. He told me, he had never taken me off of that pedestal and he never would. He also told me he was loving me when I didn't know how to love myself. Now that we were two complete individuals - we could be one in marriage. Our daughter is being raised by both of her biological parents... God has truly restored everything to me that Satan tried to rob me of.

Of course, I said yes!!! We've been married for almost three years now. I love that man.

Moral of this story: God answers prayers, he wants to bless us even when we aren't neccessarily worthy of the blessing. God loves us just because and for no other reason. You don't have to be perfect to be loved and to deserve God's favor. God is the God of second, third, fourth, and fifth chances. He takes your worst and gives you his best. All you have to do is trust him and turn it over to him.

Sorry to go on so long.

God bless!!!

What a wonderful story!! God bless your marriage!!

yodie

asuperwoman, don't apologize for being long. Long is good. We single women want to hear every word. It encourages us and breathes life into our dreams and visions.

Your testimony showed me how God can turn a situation around. Your relationship looked dead and God brought it back to life. There is life in what looks dead!!

Praise God and thank you for sharing. Your family is together...whole!

Shimmie

Staff member

Beautiful stories ladies!! Keep 'em coming!

Shimmie - Thank you so much for starting this thread. It gives me encouragement as well as confirmation to what God revealed to me last night about His plan for me for marriage.

:kiss: Thank God! I wish you every joy in Life and in Marriage. :amen:

LOL at that last sentence!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (only few will know what Shimmie means!!!!!!!) LMBO!!!! hehehehehe :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

:giggle: :bighug: For Mr. and Mrs. Obed Edom... :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member

Going back for just a second- before I met my husband, I had gotten out of a bad relationship with an older man who was nothing but a player. He broke my heart into little tiny pieces and after that ordeal,

I prayed to God : "Lord, I pray that you send me a faithful man who loves me as much as you." I know that's a simple request, but it is a tall order. When I think about how much God loves me and everything he will do and has done?? That's love.

Anyways, back to the story. My husband and I participated in pre-martial sex ( a big no-no) and I was pregnant at 21. I wasn't ready to get married, but neither was my husband. My husband at the time did something that I didn't do, he got his life completely together and turned his life back over to the Lord. I remember making fun at the change in him.

I graduated from school with no problem, but the rest of my life was in disarray, emotionally I was scarred from previous events that I allowed to take over my existence. I did everything under the sun to my husband. I mean, when i think back on how I treated him at times, I still cry. But, he kept right on loving me. I remember one time I told him to take me off his pedestal because I never asked to be on one. I know-- :wallbash: (stupid!!)

Fast forward about 5 years and my husband had taken all he could take. He decided he was ready to move on with his life- without me. :perplexed I don't know why some of us have to lose it all in order to realize we had it all,but I was one of those people. It took him doing that for me to really break down and say,

"Lord, have your way. Have your way in me." I began to live for God and no other reason. I attended the church DH belong to, not because I wanted DH back, but because that's where God told me I needed to be.

The change in me became evident I guess, and DH came back to me and proposed. He told me, he had never taken me off of that pedestal and he never would. He also told me he was loving me when I didn't know how to love myself.

Now that we were two complete individuals - we could be one in marriage.

Our daughter is being raised by both of her biological parents... God has truly restored everything to me that Satan tried to rob me of.

Sorry to go on so long.

God bless!!!
I am so glad I don't wear color mascara. Each time I read a testimony, my eyes just well up in tears.

Asuperwoman, I thank God for you and your husband. I can't stop 'tearing up'. Your testimony is so beautiful.

May I share something with you?

All this time, when I'd see your name I thought it was 'Asperwoman'. I never noticed the letter 'u' until just now.

You know what?

"Asper' means, 'in accordance with'; 'in conformity to'. It means that you are truly worthy of the pedestal that your loving husband placed you upon. For to him, your husband of God, you are in total conformity and in accordance with the woman that he always knew would be his wife for the rest of his Life. You are the one who applies to what he loves in a woman and no one else can ever take your place.

Hmmmmm, only one woman can conform to the one man whom God has set apart. Not all ribs are a perfect match. God cannot place just any rib inside of a man, otherwise it will pinch, poke, pinch and splinter, with every single move he makes. It could cost him his life and his life dreams; hinder or stife his Destiny.

A man 'has' to have the right woman in his life. He knows her when he sees her. He knows. Your husband 'knew' you. :yep:

"Asper Woman' were the rib of perfection for him. You were placed inside of your husband without rejection, your cells are a perfect match; you are his perfect help meet. As Jesus was 'accordin'g to God's word and his promise, so are you, 'according to', conformed to your husband.

To say this, I take no honor from God. I simply give Him all the glory for what He has done.

Asper Woman, you removed the 'u', humbled yourself and gave God your all. In return He gave you His, Jesus and your husband. Praise God, forever more! Praise God!

I wish you a wonderful and happy Marriage eternally. For to read such a testimony, gives life to a world who needs it.

P.S. I haven't changed your name. I was just sharing what I 'see' in you, the Beauty of 'Asper' :yep:

God bless you. :Rose:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member

asuperwoman, don't apologize for being long. Long is good. We single women want to hear every word. It encourages us and breathes life into our dreams and visions.

Your testimony showed me how God can turn a situation around. Your relationship looked dead and God brought it back to life. There is life in what looks dead!!

Praise God and thank you for sharing. Your family is together...whole!
Yodie, I can't stop crying.... These testimonies are so beautiful. Thank you so much for being here. God is awesome! He really going to bless you, 'Two by Two'. :yep: :yep: :yep: :Rose:

♥Lamaravilla♥

I would like to share my story with you ladies, but I am not married yet, I am engaged though and we are planning our wedding for summer next year. If it's ok for me to post my story about my journey to finding my fiance let me know and I'll do it later as I have to take a nap RIGHT NOW. I was running around doing errands in 100 degree weather and yeah, I feel sun drunk right now :drunk: :spinning: But my story is really a true testament to the fact that God picks someone specifically for you. If it's ok with you all I will share later this evening :yep:

Ladybelle

I so glad I don't wear color mascara. Each time I read a testimony, my eyes just well up in tears.

Asuperwoman, I thank God for you and your husband. I can't stop 'tearing up'. Your testimony is so beautiful.

May I share something with you?

All this time, when I'd see your name I thought it was 'Asperwoman'. I never noticed the letter 'u' until just now.

You know what?

"Asper' means, 'in accordance with'; 'in conformity to'. It means that you are truly worthy of the pedestal that your loving husband placed you upon. For to him, your husband of God, you are in total conformity and in accordance with the woman that he always knew would be his wife for the rest of his Life. You are the one who applies to what he loves in a woman and no one else can ever take your place.

Hmmmmm, only one woman can conform to the one man whom God has set apart. Not all ribs are a perfect match. God cannot place just any rib inside of a man, otherwise it will pinch, poke, pinch and splinter, with every single move he makes. It could cost him his life and his life dreams; hinder or stife his Destiny.

A man 'has' to have the right woman in his life. He knows her when he sees her. He knows. Your husband 'knew' you. :yep:

"Asper Woman' were the rib of perfection for him. You were placed inside of your husband without rejection, your cells are a perfect match; you are his perfect help meet. As Jesus was 'accordin'g to God's word and his promise, so are you, 'according to', conformed to your husband.

To say this, I take no honor from God. I simply give Him all the glory for what He has done.

Asper Woman, you removed the 'u', humbled yourself and gave God your all. In return He gave you His, Jesus and your husband. Praise God, forever more! Praise God!

I wish you a wonderful and happy Marriage eternally. For to read such a testimony, gives life to a world who needs it.

P.S. I haven't changed your name. I was just sharing what I 'see' in you, the Beauty of 'Asper' :yep:

God bless you. :Rose:

Now,see I'm crying!!! Everything you said is so true, only by God's grace and mercy. A word from God is life-changing and tear-jerking! Praise God and thank you so much for sharing such wonderful insight & Godly wisdom - it is truly appreciated and reciprocated. I pray you receive a profitable return for not only the words you gave me, but on what you are doing in this thread & what I imagine in this life. God bless you too!

Aveena

..just soaking it all in...:yep: This is a good thread!!

Shimmie

Staff member

Now,see I'm crying!!! Everything you said is so true, only by God's grace and mercy. A word from God is life-changing and tear-jerking! Praise God and thank you so much for sharing such wonderful insight & Godly wisdom - it is truly appreciated and reciprocated.

I pray you receive a profitable return for not only the words you gave me, but on what you are doing in this thread & what I imagine in this life. God bless you too!

:kiss: Thank you... :Rose: