Woman Thou Art Loosed 2018

momi

I had no idea that The Potter's House was still hosting this conference - it looks like Juanita Bynum is back in Jake's good graces again.

http://wtal.org/

Speakers Include:

First Lady Serita A. Jakes
Sarah Jakes Roberts
Cora Jakes Coleman
Priscilla Shirer
Folorunso Alakija
Nely Galán
Dr. Juanita Bynum
Pastor Sheryl Brady... and of course
Bishop T. D. Jakes

momi

What did she do?

I don't remember the details but it had something to do with her ego - she'd become a highly sought after speaker after Jakes brought her on to WTAL. I guess she was kind of feeling herself, but apologized later for her attitude.

sissimpson

If I remember correctly, her message 'No More Sheets' at the WTAL conference went the church equivalent of viral. She wanted more money than was initially agreed upon, and there was a breach when she didn't get it. I never got a lot from her preaching, but Lord, that woman could lead prayer and worship!

momi

If I remember correctly, her message 'No More Sheets' at the WTAL conference went the church equivalent of viral. She wanted more money than was initially agreed upon, and there was a breach when she didn't get it. I never got a lot from her preaching, but Lord, that woman could lead prayer and worship!

You are right it was. As a matter of fact I ran across and listened to No More Sheets a week or so ago.

I still believe JB is called by the Lord. Unfortunately she didn't have the good sense to take a break from SM and preaching while she went through her healing post-divorce. She really should have taken a long sabbatical while working through her issues.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I didn't know that about Juanita.. well, God is a God of mercy and grace.. if she came back full circle, good for her!
OT.. I thought I saw ATL in the link, and thought the conference would be in Atlanta.. until I clicked on the link :lol: I am not claiming dyslexia.. lol

Anyone planning to go?

momi

I didn't know that about Juanita.. well, God is a God of mercy and grace.. if she came back full circle, good for her!
OT.. I thought I saw ATL in the link, and thought the conference would be in Atlanta.. until I clicked on the link :lol: I am not claiming dyslexia.. lol

Anyone planning to go?

The conference was here in Atlanta for years but I never cared to attend. I honestly had a problem when it became more celebrity driven - like Jakes was aiming for the Gospel Essence Festival or something. lol

If I were in Tx I would consider one of the Sunday services because it is free - otherwise I will keep my $250 + plane fare and hotel squarely in my bank account.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I don't remember the details but it had something to do with her ego - she'd become a highly sought after speaker after Jakes brought her on to WTAL. I guess she was kind of feeling herself, but apologized later for her attitude.

yeah she took her shoes off and gave it to him as a sign of respect and something else (I've forgotten) ...but after the divorce it seemed she went on the decline then she married herself

Iwanthealthyhair67

The conference was here in Atlanta for years but I never cared to attend. I honestly had a problem when it became more celebrity driven - like Jakes was aiming for the Gospel Essence Festival or something. lol

If I were in Tx I would consider one of the Sunday services because it is free - otherwise I will keep my $250 + plane fare and hotel squarely in my bank account.

ITA

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Well, I guess she took the other shoes and hit her hubby with it... :lol:

yeah she took her shoes off and gave it to him as a sign of respect and something else (I've forgotten) ...but after the divorce it seemed she went on the decline then she married herself