Wonderful experience with Deep Brilliance Relaxer!

T

Tee

At last, I have found a lye relaxer that does not leave my scalp on fire! I got a touch up with Farouk's Deep Brilliance Relaxer a few days ago, and I'm so glad that I decided to give this relaxer a try before abandoning lye relaxers altogether and switching back to no-lye! My scalp was completely comfortable during the entire process! I was a little scared because of past bad experiences with Affirm and Mizani, but it was a complete success! I felt like I was getting a conditioning treatment instead of a relaxer!

I also have to praise Elucence Protective Barrier Balm, which I used as a base (Thanks, Nyambura and Tracy!
). I based my scalp with it the day before my touch up, and I think it helped a lot. My scalp felt itchy in the days before my relaxer, and I noticed that the Elucence Balm calmed down the itchies after applying it.

Deep Brilliance Relaxer and Elucence Protective Barrier Balm is a winning combination for me! The only minor complaint I have about the DB Relaxer is that it straightened my hair more than I like (I was suprised at this because the relaxer is so ultra gentle that I thought I might wind up being underprocessed!). My stylist didn't have the Mild, so we used the Normal strength. Next time, I'll make sure she has the Mild available or use the Normal but leave it in a shorter amount of time.

I encourage everyone who has scalp sensitivity issues and wants to use a lye relaxer to give Farouk Deep Brilliance Relaxer a try. Farouk did an excellent job creating this relaxer system!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: Wonderful experience with Deep Brilliance Rela

I agree--it does not burn a lick!

BTW, everyone Discount Beauty now sells DB products online at a discount of course.

DigitalRain

Re: Wonderful experience with Deep Brilliance Rela

I love Deep Brilliance Relaxer!! I wish it was available to purchase. I'm hoping Elucence will perform just as good.