Wooden comb with Indian woman on the package.....

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
Does anyone have this comb or any wooden comb???? This is a wooden comb coated in plastic (I think) and it is supposed to stop static flyaways in hair and I think its seamless. Thanks in advance for your replies

adrienne0914

i've never seen them. how much are they? i would think that either the wood would split or the coating would peel after consistent use. i'm not sure...

i've been pretty satisfied with the bone comb.

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
The one I saw was $6.95. It was coated with 3 layers of plastic. Whats a bone comb? I did a search online and came up with this one, though it is not the one I saw:

This is the best material to use on your hair.
This wood absorbs your natural oils and glides gently through your hair.
Others, made of plastic, leave petroleum product flakes in your hair.

Testimonies from buyers:
My hair is long and thick. My combs, I have 3, are wonderful about controlling static and not combing out the curls. I will not use any other type comb. I have given some as gifts and everyone loved them, Thanks again. Sherry Atwell - Sacramento California.

I really like these combs. I have one at work and home, and I always carry one with me. The weight and balance feels great in my hand and they stimulate my scalp. They go thru my curly hair with ease with no static at all. Because of this, my hair has never been healthier and it seems to grow faster then ever. I could not use any other type of comb. Carlton McDaniel - Sacramento, California.

adrienne0914

mly3e, that comb kinda looks like a bone comb, but i'd be concerned at how close together the teeth are.

here's a photo of a bone comb:

Bone combs are "formulated from a 100% organic resin material. This material is hard and smooth just like bone, and can be hand carved, sawed, and polished to exemplify all the unique features of the original bone comb. They are also anti-static and will not melt when used with hot styling tools."

you can get them from Hair Sense. that site also sells them on ebay. if you decide to try one, definitely try there first to save some dough.

i carry the handle rake in my purse, and i use master rake at home. i love these combs so much. they are absolutely seamless

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
OOOH! I like that one and its SEAMLESS! I have noticed that my rake comb pulled out a little too much hair, but I do like the way it detangles especially in the shower. I think I'll try it. Thanks!

adrienne0914

if you try one, let us know. and don't be fooled by imitations. they sell the 99¢ version at beauty supply stores. they're the same color, and they sometimes even call them bone or "bohn" combs. but if you look closely at them, you can see the seams all the way around.

Thanks for sharing this website, Adrienne. You're right about watching out for imitations. I have the "fake" master rattail and it does have seams. I think I'll get one master rattail and one super detangler.

perfect peace

adrienne0914

oh, i didn't know they had that comb at Tenderheaded. she (screen name tenderheaded) was a member at BHSGO back in the day that started her own site. definitely recycle those black dollars. i've ordered from her a couple of times and was pleased with my purchases.

Aerie17

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
mly3e, that comb kinda looks like a bone comb, but i'd be concerned at how close together the teeth are.

here's a photo of a bone comb:

Bone combs are "formulated from a 100% organic resin material. This material is hard and smooth just like bone, and can be hand carved, sawed, and polished to exemplify all the unique features of the original bone comb. They are also anti-static and will not melt when used with hot styling tools."

you can get them from Hair Sense. that site also sells them on ebay. if you decide to try one, definitely try there first to save some dough.

i carry the handle rake in my purse, and i use master rake at home. i love these combs so much. they are absolutely seamless

[/ QUOTE ]

adrienne0904,

I ordered one from tenderheaded.com and it arrived today. I was not happy with it at all and am returning it. It looks similar to the one in the photo, maybe a little lighter is is called NuboneII; it has the same description you printed. It cost $9.95. It looked "sawed" between the teeth and was not smooth. The ends of the teeth scratched! I ran it across the back of my hand and it left white marks! Is this what you have?

inthepink

You can also order from colordesignsystems.com. I ordered two bone combs from this site. At the time, they had the best prices!

Jade21

Just another plug for the bone combs at HairSense.Com. I started using these back in July of this year. I don't think I will be using anything else, except maybe my Mason Pearson combs. No static, no snags and no pulls to the hair.

The large detangler is my favorite. I purchased another earlier this month and I also picked up the larger volume comb. The teeth are wider apart and it's great for smoothing after you've done real detangling with the larger detangler.

The rake which Adrienne shows pictured is my least favorite. It works well, but I would have liked it more if the comb itself had been bigger. It is much smaller than that picture.

The large volume comb with a handle would be a perfect creation for something between the large detangler and the volume comb itself. I think it's just easier to use a comb with a handle.

You should not see snags on the comb at all. It should be utterly smooth.

You should also periodically be sure to oil your comb with something like olive oil to keep it in top condition. The merchant told me that when I asked her before I bought any of her combs.

If you are unsure about which comb to select, be sure to ask the merchant for a sheet which she can send to you which offers ALL combs available.

If you decide to purchase, I think your only question will be which should I buy next. They are such a luxury!

~Jade~

adrienne0914

[ QUOTE ]
Aerie17 said:
adrienne0904,

I ordered one from tenderheaded.com and it arrived today. I was not happy with it at all and am returning it. It looks similar to the one in the photo, maybe a little lighter is is called NuboneII; it has the same description you printed. It cost $9.95. It looked "sawed" between the teeth and was not smooth. The ends of the teeth scratched! I ran it across the back of my hand and it left white marks! Is this what you have?

[/ QUOTE ]
yep, that's the one i have. hmm... definitely send it back because it sounds like it may not have been smoothed down enough. i'm sure they'll be more than happy to accomodate you.

Aerie17

I sent it back, and they promptly credited my credit card. They sent an email to notify me and advised they were sorry the comb did not work out. I consider that great service!