world's longest Afro

haircare4life***

4ft 4 in afro

I am a true lurker, i guess some people are made to lurk, but as soon as i heard about this i thought of lhcf...

This is the link to Aevin Dugas, she is in the new guinness world records book with the worlds longest afro at 4ft 4 in.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...e-aevin-dugas-–-world’s-largest-natural-afro/

She just appeared on a morning tv show in the UK. There is a discrprency from what is in the link to what she said on tv, she said on live tv she never cuts her hair. She also said all she does is shampoo and condition it, she doesnt do anything special. Is this really the worlds largest afro? are there any lhcf ladies that can compete? btw i did take a pic of my tv where her afro does seem a bit bigger than on the link
ETA: TV PIC

Attachments

• IMG00099-20110915-1124.jpg
    IMG00099-20110915-1124.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:

discodumpling

She has a drool worthy fro...I bet she's a member here. There are tons of ladies on the board (not I!) that can compete.

JeterCrazed

I bet they think 5 conditioners is a big deal lol Thr newest member of this forum would trash that record :lol:

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

NaturalEnigma

I think its big, but I thought it would be bigger. I would think to be on the Guiness book of world records that your fro would have to be the size of a small planet. I've seen youtubers with fros that big.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I love her afro, but I'm surprised she has the world's biggest afro. I've thought for sure I've seen way bigger.

ChristmasCarol

It's nice, but it doesn't look that big, to me.

The puff in my siggy would have been bigger than that if it wasn't pushed back. There were many, many adults and children with fros bigger than mine, back in the day.

Switch (y'all remember them? - "There'll Never Be", "I Call Your Name") was a local band and alot of their fans had much larger afros than this lady.

Somebody on here had/has a ginormous fro - is it Ms. Lala? Lemme search.

hannan

RECORD HOLDER PROFILE: AEVIN DUGAS – WORLD’S LARGEST NATURAL AFRO

Aevin Dugas a 36 year-old social worker from New Orleans, USA, is the proud owner of the largest natural afro in the world with a circumference measuring an incredible 4 ft. 4 in (1.32 m).

The hairstyle that has taken over 12 years to grow can at times be problematic.

"It's always getting caught in trees, and one time I even slammed my hair in the car door! And I hate it when people touch it without asking my permission first!" , she admits.

However Aevin has no regrets over her choice of hairstyle: "As a woman you're told that straight hair is beautiful hair. This is crazy. The afro is my natural hairstyle and there can't be anything more beautiful than that".

Aevin trims her afro three times a year, and uses up to five conditioners at once when she washes it.

"You want to know the best thing about my hair?" Aevin says with a smile: "It provides the perfect pillow. I sleep very well."

The hair is larger than a disco ball! Aevin's hairstyle is so large she could fit the world's shortest man inside!

And here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syez-nV9Xlo&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Her fro is the biggest, because she had the biggest fro submitted for the competition. That is why occasionally new people overthrow old people out of the GBWR when they "find" someone else who broke a previous record. If Uncle Junie Bug had a bigger fro and would have entered the contest, then he would be the winner. Because he didn't, she is the winner.

*CherryPie*

I'm sure I've seen larger afros before. I don't really care anyway. I don't even like afros. **exiting thread now**

ChristmasCarol

Her fro is the biggest, because she had the biggest fro submitted for the competition. That is why occasionally new people overthrow old people out of the GBWR when they "find" someone else who broke a previous record. If Uncle Junie Bug had a bigger fro and would have entered the contest, then he would be the winner. Because he didn't, she is the winner.

'Tis true!

I wonder if there's a cash prize?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Now that attached picture that was added to the original post DOES look really big. It's bigger than what they showed on the video.

MzSwift

I absolutely LOVE her fro!
I remember the contest on NP and I voted for her! I'm glad she won.

Look at the pic posted in the OP, y'all can't deny that that's a big, beautiful fro!
Yum, yum.

greight

Damn, hair anorexia is REAL on here :lol:

If home girl walked down my old block, the first thing people would ask her was how many packs it took. They'd be salivating on the floor if they found it was hers.

On LHCF, she barely gets an "eh" :rofl:

growinghealthyhair

Everyone keeps saying her fro doesn't look big. Can we point to the ladies here that you're saying would give her a run for her money or can "compete" ? I haven't seen em....

Whose hair is 4ft long?