Would Henna be considered a deep protein treatment?

LJewel

I need to follow up my perm (self relaxed) with a deep protein treatment the week following my perm. I would normally do a henna to cover gray. Would that be considered a deep protein conditioner or should I also follow with maybe Aphogee protein treatment.

Henna is not protien, at all, but it does behave similarily - just to be clear.

Personally, I consider it a 'light protien' - and that's only because when I 'over-henna'd' my hair, it felt the same way it did after a heavy protien treatment (the hair, she did not approve :nono:)......

I would use the henna, and then see how your hair is - does it really need the Apoghee?? (and I'm assuming you would be able to tell).....

Henna is not protien, at all, but it does behave similarily - just to be clear.

Personally, I consider it a 'light protien' - and that's only because when I 'over-henna'd' my hair, it felt the same way it did after a heavy protien treatment (the hair, she did not approve :nono:)......

I would use the henna, and then see how your hair is - does it really need the Apoghee?? (and I'm assuming you would be able to tell).....

I try to watch my protein and moisture balance - I can tell when I need one or the other but I try to avoid over doing either. I read in LHCF that it is recommended that you do a protein treatment a week after the relaxer and that is when I plan to do my Henna. I'll wait and see what happens.

I try to watch my protein and moisture balance - I can tell when I need one or the other but I try to avoid over doing either. I read in LHCF that it is recommended that you do a protein treatment a week after the relaxer and that is when I plan to do my Henna. I'll wait and see what happens.

:yep: Good luck!!

Back