1. https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/no-maintenance-scheduled.848583/
    Dismiss Notice

Would love to see a LHCF "Wikapedia"...

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Requests, Q and A' started by swimfan09, Nov 14, 2009.

1. swimfan09

swimfan09 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello! This is my first post and as a newbie, I would love to see a LHCF "Wikapedia" I like that Pebbles has posted a guide for newbies for hair care, but I would love to see a permanent guide for all the acronyms, the terminology, etc. For example, what is a challenge?

As new acronyms and terms come up, they could be added.

Many thanks - this site is extremely informative!

2. WaistLengthDreams

WaistLengthDreams Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    :welcome4: that sounds like it might be a good idea, but I think that part of the fun of LHCF is that you can search what you are specifically looking for in the forum. Especially since there isn't a one size fits all approach to hair care. There are a lot of posts that have great information on them. As for acronyms, there is a thread called "Ever been MAD late on Figuring out a LHCF Acronym?" that defines pretty much all of them. Just search the thread for whatever you are unsure of.

HTH!!!

3. Vinyl

Vinyl New Member

Blog Posts:
    If you do decide to go ahead with this idea, wikia.com might be a good place to start. It lets you make your own mini wikipedia on a specific topic/community.

4. swimfan09

swimfan09 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Inthemix08 and Vinyl! By the way, what is a challenge? I did do a search to see if someone had defined it and I didn't find it.

Thanks

5. soulie

soulie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    There is a permanent guide for acronyms. It can be found in the Sticky section.

A "Challenge" is specified a hair activity that members may choose to do for the benefit of their hair. For example a "Hide Your Hair Challenge" means that those who participate will not show the full length of their hair for the duration of the challenge - they might be doing protective styling or wearing weaves as examples. Frequently the rules for the challenge will include "passes" -- a limited number of times when the challenge rules can be bypassed, e.g. for a wedding or a birthday.