Would love to see a LHCF "Wikapedia"...

swimfan09

Hello! This is my first post and as a newbie, I would love to see a LHCF "Wikapedia" I like that Pebbles has posted a guide for newbies for hair care, but I would love to see a permanent guide for all the acronyms, the terminology, etc. For example, what is a challenge?

As new acronyms and terms come up, they could be added.

Many thanks - this site is extremely informative!

WaistLengthDreams

:welcome4: that sounds like it might be a good idea, but I think that part of the fun of LHCF is that you can search what you are specifically looking for in the forum. Especially since there isn't a one size fits all approach to hair care. There are a lot of posts that have great information on them. As for acronyms, there is a thread called "Ever been MAD late on Figuring out a LHCF Acronym?" that defines pretty much all of them. Just search the thread for whatever you are unsure of.

HTH!!!

Vinyl

If you do decide to go ahead with this idea, wikia.com might be a good place to start. It lets you make your own mini wikipedia on a specific topic/community.

swimfan09

Thanks Inthemix08 and Vinyl! By the way, what is a challenge? I did do a search to see if someone had defined it and I didn't find it.

Thanks

soulie

There is a permanent guide for acronyms. It can be found in the Sticky section.

A "Challenge" is specified a hair activity that members may choose to do for the benefit of their hair. For example a "Hide Your Hair Challenge" means that those who participate will not show the full length of their hair for the duration of the challenge - they might be doing protective styling or wearing weaves as examples. Frequently the rules for the challenge will include "passes" -- a limited number of times when the challenge rules can be bypassed, e.g. for a wedding or a birthday.