Would this be "crazy"?

Lucia

Ok I've been on the hair journey for a good while now, 1st getting the damage cut off getting it healthy, and lately focusing on getting serious length. I'm close to WSL straight now= Top of Bra strap natural or mid-BSL, which is my big goal. I know shrinkage is NOT my friend but it shrinks a little less the more it grows. I've been looking @ all you BSL-WSL relaxed & naturals esp. and it's got me thinking about maybe trying for bigger this is the "crazy" part. I'm thinking of going for Mid-back-WSL natural w/ shrinkage it's a fantasy, a dream but could it be possible or am I playing myself.
Suggestions/opinions? What do you ladies think?

Attachments

• amel3.jpg
    amel3.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Thania Peck 1.jpg
    Thania Peck 1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 27
  • model_quench_b.jpg
    model_quench_b.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Go for it!
My goal is BSL unstretched.

I read on TLHC that the majority of people have a terminal length of at least classic length straight/stretched so a BSL/waistlength 'with shrinkage' goal seems like a perfectly reasonable goal to me.

ETA: Well it depends how much shrinkage you have. Obviously hair with a higher shrinkage % will take longer to get those lengths unstretched. But then you don't know how long your hair can grow until you try!
Oh and there's also the fact that shrinkage gets less as hair gets longer due to the weight of the hair pulling it down to take into consideration :)

Last edited:
PerfectDoak said:
Go for it!

I read on TLHC that the majority of people have a terminal length of at least classic length straight/stretched so a BSL/waistlength 'with shrinkage' goal seems like a perfectly reasonable goal to me.

Thanks PD, I wonder if that terminal length of classic on most people counts for hair type, I mean your body doesn't know your hair's curly, could it be we curlyheads have the same terminal length but curly?

Lucia said:
Thanks PD, I wonder if that terminal length of classic on most people counts for hair type, I mean your body doesn't know your hair's curly, could it be we curlyheads have the same terminal length but curly?

I don't know, but I would assume that it is the same for all hair types. The only difference being how long it appears when it reaches that terminal length.
And obviously, the curlier the hair, the more care you have to take of it so it can reach that length without too much breakage.

I have almost the same goal, I want a little below bra-strap when curly and I was kinda wondering if that was crazy also. There is a girl on Naturallycurly (I think) w/ waist-length natural hair un-stretched. It is simply georgeous! She is my inspiration.

Pokahontas said:
I have almost the same goal, I want a little below bra-strap when curly and I was kinda wondering if that was crazy also. There is a girl on Naturallycurly (I think) w/ waist-length natural hair un-stretched. It is simply georgeous! She is my inspiration.

Yeah, mine too. Her username is Midnitecurls.

Pokahontas said:
Wow she's an inspiration, MC I stalk, umm check her album out and her journal when I get discouraged her and IRIS and others :lol:

PerfectDoak said:
Go for it!

ETA: Well it depends how much shrinkage you have. Obviously hair with a higher shrinkage % will take longer to get those lengths unstretched. But then you don't know how long your hair can grow until you try!
Oh and there's also the fact that shrinkage gets less as hair gets longer due to the weight of the hair pulling it down to take into consideration :)

Great points, How will I know if I never give it try, and why not what's the worst that could happen I'll get to terminal wherever that is, or close and that's alot of hair. I know already know it's not Shoulder or APL length curly hair. I guess I'm going for it then, haters take a swig of haterade :guiness: and STHU :lol: -right ladies I know LCHF has got my back on this.

Last edited:
Go for it Lucia!!!!! I have the same dream goal as Pokahontas and I always think to myself that it is a crazy goal. But you are right; why not try. I hope you get there; you will be my inspiration;) . Happy growing!!!

Lucia,
I don't see why you think this is a crazy goal! Just think about it; your hair length right now is not where it was originally was when you started your hair journey; it's longer! What's the worse thing that could happen if you go for WL? It could actually get there?? I mean as it's growing, it's obviously going to be more hair to manage and retain, but having the length you have right proves that you know what you're doing!

I say go for it! (and yeah, give out free haterade while you're at it cause you know there will be some haters out there as it's getting longer and prettier)

HHG!!!

Go for it!:D
I don't think it's crazy at all. I have an ultimate goal of full tailbone length, stretched. People used to call me crazy too.;)

With your determination and the tips you've received over the years, I wouldn't doubt you for a second.

PD said:
Good luck!

DSD said:
Girl, GO FOR IT!!

I am cheering for ya!

Thanks PD,& DSD I appreciate the support, when I get there we can cheer together. :weird:

blackbarbie said:
I say go for it! (and yeah, give out free haterade while you're at it cause you know there will be some haters out there as it's getting longer and prettier)
HHG!!!

:lol: that's a promise I sure will, and fling my hair around in their face just a little, while I'm at it.

camelia said:
Go for it!
I don't think it's crazy at all. I have an ultimate goal of full tailbone length, stretched. People used to call me crazy too.

Wow you're an inspiration yourself, and you made it to WSL curly hair, shrinkage and all. Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration.

EMjazzy said:
My ultimate goal is BSL unstretched so NO I don't think your crazy at all!!!

Great, don't give up cause you can do it, keep on growing...I'll be cheering for you too.

Anky said:
With your determination and the tips you've received over the years, I wouldn't doubt you for a second.

Thanks Anky, from this months feature herself :notworthy: :lol:
Wow I didn't know I was determined-I like it.
thanks for the beautiful words and support ladies, BIG HHGS to all...

Last edited:
blackbarbie said:
Lucia,
I don't see why you think this is a crazy goal! Just think about it; your hair length right now is not where it was originally was when you started your hair journey; it's longer! What's the worse thing that could happen if you go for WL? It could actually get there?? I mean as it's growing, it's obviously going to be more hair to manage and retain, but having the length you have right proves that you know what you're doing!

I never looked at it this way, but you make so much sense. :)

Back