Would you buy a hair care dvd or a book?

Before finding this site would you have bought a haircare DVD or a haircare book?

• I would have bought a hair care DVD

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • I would have bought a hair care book

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • I would have bought both

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • I wouldn't have bought any.

Votes: 13 20.6%

• Total voters

brandy

I am curious to know whether you would have bought a haircare DVD with illustrations or would you have bought a haircare book before finding this website?

Thanks for your responses.
Happy New Year everyone!!

Last edited:

HoneyDew

I prefer books for general tips, but a DVD would be nice to show actually methods like roller setting, applying relaxers, etc.

But, I like referring to books when I need to and they are nice to look at while sitting under the dryer.

nichelle02

Buying a book is what led me to this site. I bought Shamboosie's book because I was desperate for information. Then I was reading some of the comments on amazon for a few other books and there were references to hair care sites. I started checking them out and ended up here. The book was a good start for me, but I have no idea where it is today. This site has been a wealth of information.

Barbara

Princess
No, :nono: because back in the mid 90s, I started using the Wanakee Verifen Complex products after I read her free brochure . . . so I don't need anything else. :band:

Moroni

I bought Cathy Howse's book and gave it away after I read it. I kept looking for more information, and found this website. I'm definitely getting that rollersetting DVD by Macherieamour, too.

Lady Esquire

Buying a book is what led me to this site. I

I bought Carolyn Gray's book. I found BBBH first, and some other forums, and then I fell in love with LHCF. I followed Carolyn's regimen religiously, even after I found this site. I have since simplified my regimen from hers, but it was a great starting point.

I may even pick up Cathy House and Shamboosie's, for reference purposes.

gymfreak336

Yes........

I just bought Lisa's book. I see hair books and dvds as just hair products; no different than conditioner and shampoo. You just buy what you feel you need.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I never even thought of haircare before I stumbled across this site. I just figured all black girls wore weaves. And if they had long hair, they were either mixed or lucky :ohwell: I wouldn't have given a book or dvd a second glance

But I DID want a video on how to do cornrows. I didn't care about taking care of my hair or anything, I just always wanted to know how to do them :look:

Miss*Tress

No, I never bought any before joining the site, and accidentally found BHM and LHCF while looking for something completely different.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I've done both, before and after joining LHCF. I bought my first hair DVD after joining LHCF, it was Macherieamour's rollersetting video. It was worth the money too.

ChocalateDiva

I have bought Shamboosies book, Carolyn Grays book and Cathy Howse' book. I have also bought Macherieamours' rollersetting DVD.

I am not only a product junkie- Im a information junkie too!!:ohwell::perplexed

caribeandiva

Human being
Before finding this site I did buy a haircare book and i'm so glad i did cause it simplified everything. I bought: Beautiful black hair by Shamboosie.

Lovelylocs

I probably would have, but I'm glad that I didn't b/c there is so much info on this site. :) Today, I would buy a DVD/book that would teach me how to style hair. :yep:

santwon

i bought a couple of books before finding the internet, but since then I've bought a lot more. i also look at hair magazines now.

PuffyBrown

I am curious to know whether you would have bought a haircare DVD with illustrations or would you have bought a haircare book before finding this website?

Thanks for your responses.
Happy New Year everyone!!

Yes I would. I had 2 or 3 haircare books prior to joining LCHF

Ms Lala

I bought books when I first stopped relaxing and they are VERY helpful. I love my books. I am considering buying a braiding video so I can learn to do cornrows.

Artemis

I had bought and/or read all if not most of the black hair care books prior to being on here (this is my 2nd hair care journey) since I wanted to see if the info on natural hair care had expounded (and it has :yep:). I'm addicted to the bookstore and learning.

BillsBackerz67

I owned a hair care book. dunno what happened to it. As far as the DVD? no. Im a visual learner but there are enough fotki tutorials and techniques out there so Im not interested.

PureSilver

I used to buy hair magazines but it was nothing :nono:compared to the wealth of information exchanged here that i've learnt from.:yep: