• Yes you know I'm gonna get that job!

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No..not worth it!

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I would just push wearing a wig..

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

myronnie

I am starting my new ascent into modeling (the crazy world that it is but i love it :grin: ) and Im wondering how it is going to affect my hair...
I have a very marketable face...it can look regular conventional beauty but then on the other hand it looks foreign...it's hard to explain.
ANYWAY getting off topic...I'm wondering if any of you would ever cut or alter your hair just to get a modeling job...like if an agent offers you a runway show only if you cut your hair to a chin length bob (and no a wig is not acceptable).
i am seriously worried about this.. :nono: I love my hair..but i don't wanna lose it over the imminent heat styling and furious rushes backstage at the runway..argh.
:wallbash: I don't know what to do at all..

After watching America's Next Top Model, I seriously wondered how those girls could take it and if I could-- especially after devoting so much energy into growing hair and time on this site.

I think it depends on how big you get, to be honest. If you signed with one of those HUGE companies and were about to make like $5,000+ per job, I'd say you'd have to seriously consider letting your entire body be their canvas.

If you would getting much less than that, don't let them mess with you.

When you retire, you could always start with LCHF again!

carib_n_curly

there are really nice LF out there that look real so i don't see why if you had to cut your hair you couldn't rock that.you can burn,pull and twist the LF up as much as you want and you still have healthy hair

Extremus

Idk. I wanted to model, but I love my hair too much to just be cut b/c someone else wants it that way :sad: I might cut it if the money is right though :grin: You can always grow it back :look:

Seraphina

If it's your dream, I'd say do what it takes. Do you want to look back later and say "I had the chance to pursue my dream, but I didn't wanna cut my hair?"

productjunkie814

I modeled in high school and college and my hair was cut, colored, weaved, yanked, glued, fried, dyed, and everything in between. My thinking was that it's hair, it'll grow back, and it always did. Was it worth it? Well, it paid for a rather extravagant lifestyle in college and I graduated from a college with no student loans. No complaints there. The one thing I would caution you with is that you need to CONSTANTLY update your book if you are going to do drastic changes...cropping your BSL hair short right before a go-see after they have been sent photos is not a good idea. Good luck, have fun, and be careful!:yep:

Jazala

I would certainly ask about wearing a lace front as an alternative but if it came down to cutting to get a job that is worth it, then heck yeah!!! I would do what needed to be done.

The hair will grow back but the opportunity may not come again.

myronnie

I modeled in high school and college and my hair was cut, colored, weaved, yanked, glued, fried, dyed, and everything in between. My thinking was that it's hair, it'll grow back, and it always did. Was it worth it? Well, it paid for a rather extravagant lifestyle in college and I graduated from a college with no student loans. No complaints there. The one thing I would caution you with is that you need to CONSTANTLY update your book if you are going to do drastic changes...cropping your BSL hair short right before a go-see after they have been sent photos is not a good idea. Good luck, have fun, and be careful!:yep:

lol yea i know they look thru my book and are like wow i want her she would do good for the show then they see me and i have a totally different style..not good

Menina Preta

I am starting my new ascent into modeling (the crazy world that it is but i love it :grin: ) and Im wondering how it is going to affect my hair...
I have a very marketable face...it can look regular conventional beauty but then on the other hand it looks foreign...it's hard to explain.
ANYWAY getting off topic...I'm wondering if any of you would ever cut or alter your hair just to get a modeling job...like if an agent offers you a runway show only if you cut your hair to a chin length bob (and no a wig is not acceptable).
i am seriously worried about this.. :nono: I love my hair..but i don't wanna lose it over the imminent heat styling and furious rushes backstage at the runway..argh.
:wallbash: I don't know what to do at all..

Get a wig or a weave. Your hair is too nice to cut off b/c of modeling. Modeling is about versatility and a good wig can give you that plus protect your own hair.

Divine Inspiration

Have you been presented with this situation? If not, why spend time worrying about something that may never happen? :confused:

I agree with the ladies who said it's just hair. I wouldn't let my hair stop me from pursuing a dream of mine, but I also realize that I'm not as attached to my hair as the average woman is.

Still, you don't want to be 60 singing shoulda, coulda, wouldas all because of a few inches of hair that would have grown back.