WTH is a Wave Nouveau?

robot.

I've ran a search and I still don't know what the heck it is. My mom is growing out her relaxer to get one, which makes me kinda :rolleyes: . Natural hair is "nappy" to her, so I didn't even suggest it.

So what is it? Is it a chemical process? Like a jherri curl? Does it last long? Or is it just a marketing ploy?

TIA!

Its a chemical like s-curl or jeri curl. They use wave rods to give you the look. Its been out at least that i know of about 20 or more years. I had one when i was younger but the formulation has changed since then.

Eta* its permanent you get a retouch like a relaxer

yep, like the other poster's said, a jherri curl. I know someone who still gets one, never changed her hair style for 20 years. She has to drive all over town to find someone who still does it, most new salons near here don't.

Please don't get one. I don't know anyone under the age of 45 that would wear it. Its a new school jherri curl.

I just had an evil thought. If I ever have a significant other cheat on me, I'll follow his mistress to the salon and switch her relaxer with a tub of wave nouveau.

When Wave Nouveau first came out it was supposed to allow you to wear your hair both curly like a Jheri Curl and straight like a relaxer. Most people I know who actually tried to do this ended up with jacked hair. You really shouldn't try to wear it straight.

Oh man I had one of these back in high school. That was more than 7 years ago. I rocked the heck out of it too. People acted like they didn't like it and then couldn't stop saying how cute it was. I would wear it straight and it would blow in the wind. Or when I'd turn my head it would turn with me and then fall. It was perfect except for the activator juice I had to put on all the time.

Those were the days.

Back