www.thebeautyplace.com BEWARE (Kinda Long)

Ericka

I purchased a FHI special edition platform 1inch flat iron back in may. Needless to say the iron was great but I noticed the white lettering on the back of both plates were smearing after 2 uses. I called to let them know the problem and to let them know that I was returning it because of this problem. There refund policy was 100% satisfaction guarantee. I was not satisfied with this problem and was kind of curious that it was fake.

I returned it within the 30 day period and was then waiting on my refund. 8 days later no refund, so I called spoke with a representative who handles refunds (Sandra) and she said that they received the package and was going to issue me a refund which takes 2-3 business day to reflect on my account. A week later no refund to my account, so I called to see what was up. Spoke to Sandra who then checked the notes on the account and basically the supervisor denied my refund because she said I altered the flat iron. HOW IS SMEARING OF LETTERING ALTERING THE PRODUCT??? I use a heat protectant on my hair and that should not cause the lettering to smear.

I really think it was a fake because I just recently purchased a FHI Runway and the size and even font of the lettering is different and doesn't smear. Even though it's a different model the lettering is usually universal on each model which I seen at my stylist salon and he has every FHI flat iron there is. Basically they have the product and denied my refund. When I called back with a rep from my bank on the line the supervisor Demaris who denied my refund put us on hold for 5 mins and then hung up. She was also avoiding my calls for the last few days when I wanted to talk to her about why was my refund denied. I left numerous messages and she never returned any of my calls. I had to have someone else call and ask for her giving them a different name.

LADIES BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY (www.thebeautyplace.com) there a straight fraud. I'm currently disputing the charge with my bank and have all documentation such as deliverly confirmation that they received the package. The only thing is I didn't take pictures of the product before I sent it back. I'm not sure if I'll need this but in no way shape or form did I alter the product. I wasn't satisfied with the smearing of lettering and imply wanted my money back.

I'll update you ladies on the status when anything changes.

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
That's horrible :nono: Thanks for warning all of us, hopefully no one else will buy from them and have to go through this crap. Selling fake FHI's? Wow.

Please keep us updated, I really hope you get your money back

Live4Me

That is sooooo triflin!! I would contact FHI directly and let them know what happened and see if this company is even an authorized buyer. That is so sad.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I agree. Report them to FHI and tell EVERYONE that'll listen... including the BBB.

That's so jacked up and unprofessional.

swalker31

I'm so very sorry to hear this. You should also file a claim with the BBB. That's a shame, they must've thought your name was boo-boo the fool. Don't give up on this, fight for a full freakin refund!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Thank you for sharing this info. with us. If you are feeling feisty, you should also copy and paste your post above in an email to them and let them know you are posting this on EVERY beauty forum you know of. :yep:

Word of mouth can be their best friend or their WORST nightmare.

Ericka

Thanks to all you ladies. I really appreciate you input and advice. I did report them to the BBB as of yesterday.

Yemaya I will most definitely post this on yelp.com sometime today.

Supergirl, I will also do that.

Thanks again to everyone. I really appreciate it.

Ericka

That is sooooo triflin!! I would contact FHI directly and let them know what happened and see if this company is even an authorized buyer. That is so sad.

I will DEFINITELY do this today also. I think I'm going to send them an email of my post above and thoughly explain the problem I had with the fake flat iron.

Ericka

I posted my complaint on yelp.com and I tried to contact FHI through there email option on there web page but and error message keeps popping up. I'll try that again later.

Do any of you other ladies know of where else I can write a complaint about this company beside the BBB & yelp.com ( who I already contacted)?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Ericka, have you sent thebeautplace the link to this thread? Have you heard from them yet?

ajacks

The Sedu revolution set I ordered off folica.com had the letters smear I didn't think anything about it though.

The same thing happened to my Sedu Revolution. I know Folica is an authorized dealer for Sedu so it doesn't bother me as long as the iron is working.

Aggie

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Ericka. You never know, maybe all their products are fake...IF the FHI iron is fake.

Ericka

For one, their not an authorized seller, two, if it's not a fake, I'm not satisfied with the product because of this problem, so they should refund my money.

Ericka, have you sent thebeautplace the link to this thread? Have you heard from them yet?

I have not sent them this link, but I will do that now. Thanks Tiffers

Kacie

Dang girl, you still didn't get a refund? Did they send you another iron or do they now have the product and your money?

Ericka

Dang girl, you still didn't get a refund? Did they send you another iron or do they now have the product and your money?

No refund yet. My bank is still fighting the charge which they said could take some time. I don't mind waiting.

Ericka

I received a FULL refund today. Thanks to all the ladies for their advice and words of encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Thanks again:)

SEMO

I received a FULL refund today. Thanks to all the ladies for their advice and words of encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Thanks again:)
Glad you got your money back. And thank you for the heads up about this disreputable company.

LuyshuZ

If you have a Paypal account you should install the Paypal Plugin. It will generate a 1 or multiple time use credit card number and I know Paypal is usually a refund first ask questions later when it come to these things.

I'm glad your money was refunded.