Wypipo going CRAZY for this Gabby Petito case

Black Ambrosia

Whats a John list?
From Wikipedia:

John Emil List (September 17, 1925 – March 21, 2008) was an American murderer[1] and long-time fugitive. On November 9, 1971, List killed his wife, mother, and three children at their home in Westfield, New Jersey, and then disappeared; he had planned the murders so meticulously that nearly a month passed before anyone suspected that anything was amiss.

List assumed a new identity, remarried, and eluded justice for nearly 18 years. He was finally apprehended in Virginia on June 1, 1989, after the story of his murders was broadcast on the television program America's Most Wanted. After extradition to New Jersey, he was convicted on five counts of first degree murder and sentenced to five consecutive terms of life imprisonment without parole.

List gave critical financial problems, as well as his perception that his family members were straying from their religious faith, as his motivations for the murders. He believed that killing them would assure their souls a place in Heaven, where he hoped to eventually join them. List died in prison in 2008 at the age of 82.

Kanky

They found a notebook....yet his remains were "skeletal"? That sounds really odd/off...suspect.
Supposedly the notebook was in a dry bag and his body was in the swamp being eaten by wildlife. I’m glad that they found him so that both families can have whatever closure they can find in knowing he’s dead.

I’m kind of surprised that a white dude didn’t just take his chances in court.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Whats a John list?
It's who John List is. He lived in Westfield, NJ. He murdered his entire family, wife, mother, and kids, left town, and changed his identity.
He got away with it for decades, even remarried.

John Emil List (September 17, 1925 – March 21, 2008) was an American murderer[1] and long-time fugitive. On November 9, 1971, List killed his wife, mother, and three children at their home in Westfield, New Jersey, and then disappeared; he had planned the murders so meticulously that nearly a month passed before anyone suspected that anything was amiss.

List assumed a new identity, remarried, and eluded justice for nearly 18 years. He was finally apprehended in Virginia on June 1, 1989, after the story of his murders was broadcast on the television program America's Most Wanted. After extradition to New Jersey, he was convicted on five counts of first degree murder and sentenced to five consecutive terms of life imprisonment without parole.

List gave critical financial problems, as well as his perception that his family members were straying from their religious faith, as his motivations for the murders. He believed that killing them would assure their souls a place in Heaven, where he hoped to eventually join them. List died in prison in 2008 at the age of 82.

Kanky

BL’s parents should sue the police department. They’ve acted as if the parents were involved in some kind of coverup when really the police just screwed this up badly. :ohwell: Apparently their son went to the reserve when they said he did and was found where they said he was most likely to be. People have protesting outside their house like lunatics for no reason.

kimpaur

BL’s parents should sue the police department. They’ve acted as if the parents were involved in some kind of coverup when really the police just screwed this up badly. :ohwell: Apparently their son went to the reserve when they said he did and was found where they said he was most likely to be. People have protesting outside their house like lunatics for no reason.

Yeah, yet another reason why yt people get on my nerves
We protest for racial injustice , they protest because they basically wanted to harass these folks :nono:
You didn’t have anything better to do?

PatDM'T

I’m still skeptical. Some FB comments:
If he short himself, where’s the gun?
So the police searched for him for 3 weeks. But as soon as his parents showed up they found his body?
I am with you.
Found it odd
how the DNA
analysis was
delayed and
still dunno if
we ever got
the results.

Seattle Slew

WinterinAtl
Why would they do this?
Who knows. People are crazy. The boy killed his girlfriend. Maybe it runs in the family. Maybe they were deeply ashamed/angry or it was in the heat of the moment. If he was killed it makes sense it be people close to him not strangers.

Also, I have not created a fully fleshed out whackadoodle theory. :D. I just listen to a lot of true crime podcasts. Some people are capable of the worst.