Wypipo going CRAZY for this Gabby Petito case

Dposh167

What annoys me is the media's headlines that they can't find him in the swamps near his paren't house. Like I'm so tired of hearing about that freaking swamp he supposedly went hiking in last tuesday. It's been 1 week. The man drove across country alone without his fiance. Why in TF would he be still be hanging around that area where he lived for 1 week. That man is goooooone!! lol

vevster

Sad. That's the breaks though. How this dude has morphed from her boyfriend to fiance next come husband.. I am amazed at how brazen they are in their protection of y/t men. Hopefully he offs himself cause I'm tired of this story already.
They are looking underwater for him. I think he is a coward, he will not kill himself.

naturalgyrl5199

If my daughter was missing, I would want him to talk. I am keeping that same energy if he were my son. He needs to speak up and make it make sense how your fiancee is missing when yall were on a road trip together, he didn't call the police, and now he is back home without her. It doesn't make sense.
I would have cornered him and run him the 21 questions until I was satisfied. He came home in HER vehicle. HERS. Red Flag.

naturalgyrl5199

^^ It’s actually not even true though that he’d be in jail if he were black. Not sure why so many are saying this. History has clearly shown otherwise. Does anyone remember the pregnant mail carrier who is still missing? They let the obvious (black) murder suspect, the baby’s father, go. He also took that opportunity to get in the wind.
Its true. Black men get away with a whole lot when it comes to BW. Now if it were a black guy and this Wt Woman....bay--bee.

Oh and I bet he been beating on her a WHILE. Pretty sure she been a victim of DV for a while. Many MANY women will hide it for years. And if not physical...definitely verbal or emotional.

naturalgyrl5199

I will add,

Many POC--hell most missing people don't have a lot of evidence to work with that's easy to track. Many people literally disappear from the face of the earth. We are spreading the word about a father who disappeared here in my city when he was dropping his daughter off at Florida State Univ. They are from NC. 50 something old wt man just disappeared 5 weeks ago now. History of mental health issues/depression that he managed to cope with. No trail...no trace. Camera's saw him leaving the hotel for a walk. Wife says he left for walks ALL THE TIME so it wouldn't have been unusual on its face. Foul play? Suicide? Dogs, police, search folk have found nothing. No money spent. Never checked out of the hotel. Nothing.

This particular white couple had their travels documented with followers and the whole 9. So it not hard to work this case. They are throwing everything at it, and its performative. They are gonna make it seem like they have done a whole lot when as tragic as it is, a lot of eyes are on it. I remember when that black girl died in the freezer and it was investigated and all over the news. It got a LOT of coverage and we were all detectives with our theories. We never really knew what else had happened and there was no hard evidence that she had been assaulted. As it stands she found herself drunk or high in that freezer and died. Its still mysterious but it got a lot of coverage. That's too few and far between, but it started out on Social Media...Just like this couple. They will "hop on" anything for looks.

Theresamonet

Its true. Black men get away with a whole lot when it comes to BW. Now if it were a black guy and this Wt Woman....bay--bee.

Oh and I bet he been beating on her a WHILE. Pretty sure she been a victim of DV for a while. Many MANY women will hide it for years. And if not physical...definitely verbal or emotional.

I can agree that it’d probably be different if it were an interracial relationship, with the man being black... But I’m not sure why that’s the mental leap that people are making in this case.

It seems like people will take any opportunity to try to paint black men as victims, when in actuality, they get away with quite a bit of isshhh when it’s black women they are victimizing. So what if Gabby Petito were black? We likely wouldn’t even be hearing anything about this. That’s what should be more concerning and thought provoking to black women. Not whether or not black men can get away with murder at the same rate as white men.

Kanky

I think that part of the reason that people were obsessed with finding Gabby was because of the fiancé’s behavior and all of the social media clues. There was also a chance that she’d been abandoned in a remote area and could be rescued. But for the most part an adult who can’t be found either doesn’t want to be found or is dead. They aren’t looking for these people because they are almost certainly gone.

I would like to see missing black people get more attention so that the predators can be rounded up. For years people claimed that there were no black serial killers. But of course there were, it is just easy to get away with killing a lot of black people.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I can agree that it’d probably be different if it were an interracial relationship, with the man being black... But I’m not sure why that’s the mental leap that people are making in this case.

It seems like people will take any opportunity to try to paint black men as victims, when in actuality, they get away with quite a bit of isshhh when it’s black women they are victimizing. So what if Gabby Petito were black? We likely wouldn’t even be hearing anything about this. That’s what should be more concerning and thought provoking to black women. Not whether or not black men can get away with murder at the same rate as white men.
It is one of those unsaid but deeply ingrained beliefs in the black community that true equality is when black men can get away with harming white women the same way they get away with harming black women. IMO, a better deeply ingrained belief is bm should get the same treatment for harming a bw that they get when harming a ww but nobody ever asks me when it comes to these things.

nysister

I think that part of the reason that people were obsessed with finding Gabby was because of the fiancé’s behavior and all of the social media clues. There was also a chance that she’d been abandoned in a remote area and could be rescued. But for the most part an adult who can’t be found either doesn’t want to be found or is dead. They aren’t looking for these people because they are almost certainly gone.

I would like to see missing black people get more attention so that the predators can be rounded up. For years people claimed that there were no black serial killers. But of course there were, it is just easy to get away with killing a lot of black people.
I'd like to see them offer these families more closure though.

With the case of the young Black man that went over the ravine, I think he was forced off, and someone removed/buried his body.

vevster

They finally issued a warrant for his arrest. I though they would wait a few month weeks :yawn: :lol:

This you tube link has LIVE coverage of the case:

OhTall1

An arrest warrant for using her debit card? They are saying that she is a homicide, why aren’t they charging him with that? I wonder if they don’t have enough evidence.
On the news this morning, they said that issuing the warrant for the debit card means that anyone helping him hide now can be charged with aiding and abetting. They're hoping that this will either prevent anyone else from helping him, or give those who are incentive to turn him in.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
How can one stay safe when people like that have a key to your home?
You can’t.
If someone wants to hurt you, it’s not difficult for them to do it, especially if you are not aware of their nefarious intentions. Women are especially vulnerable for many reasons. So you have to remain vigilant. Most importantly, trust your instincts.

Too often we dismiss that internal guidance as being over the top or, inaccurate. Always listen and act in accordance with it.