Wypipo going CRAZY for this Gabby Petito case

dancinstallion

How can one stay safe when people like that have a key to your home?

The only option would have been to have a camera in her house. That way she would have gotten an alert on her phone that movement was at her front door or in her living room, and wherever else in her apartment.

I know when I was younger I never thought of that, but now it comes in so handy.

fluffyforever

The only option would have been to have a camera in her house. That way she would have gotten an alert on her phone that movement was at her front door or in her living room, and wherever else in her apartment.

I know when I was younger I never thought of that, but now it comes in so handy.
I don’t have a camera, but I have an alarm system with sensors on my windows and doors so if they are ever opened I get a text message even if I forget to set the alarm, and if the alarm is on and isn’t turned off, the cops will come out.

As a woman living alone in a house, this gives me so much peace of mind coming home late at night.

Black Ambrosia

I wonder if they are still looking for dude in the swamp. I saw on Twitter that there have been protestors with megaphones outside of his house since Gabby first went missing and now the protestors are getting into fights with the neighbors.
There's something going with people becoming so aggressive. The last president unlocked a cheat code of sorts to advance to this realm though it was definitely brewing below the surface for a minute.

Leeda.the.Paladin

I wonder if they are still looking for dude in the swamp. I saw on Twitter that there have been protestors with megaphones outside of his house since Gabby first went missing and now the protestors are getting into fights with the neighbors.
I’d be pissed at this too. what exactly are they protesting? I know they are not protesting a lack of action by police because it seems like the search for this man is bigger than the one for osama bin Ladin.

SpiritJunkie

This girl is a Trini. This story is a big thing in the Caribbean community right now. The fact that he offed himself does not bode well.
Yup. Every day I pray that Miya is found alive. Everyday. I love how the community is coming together to spread awareness of this disappearance. On a daily basis more & more media is picking up the story,
In terms of being vigilant if you live alone, there are excellent suggestions made in the above post.

nysister

The Sarah Everard case is another illustration of white men getting HUGE amounts of Benefit of the doubt. He was an elite policeman in London but had several claims of indecent exposure. He was allowed to keep his job! Until he kidnapped, raped and murdered Sarah, of course.
That poor woman, I hadn't heard about her.

I read this article and became so angry. So it's a woman's job to make sure a police officer is a police officer, and not their job to make sure they know what their own are doing.

Part of the job should be that they consent to being tracked and monitored at all times. If you're there to "serve and protect" why would it bother you?

Leeda.the.Paladin

I guess I need to start a thread by itself but: I am scared for my daughter out in this world. I told DH that whenever she moves out that we need to help her financially with any security related expenses (camera set up, alarms, large dog vet bills, etc). But so many more women die at the hands of someone that they know. What can I do?? I can talk to her about what to look for, but a lot of the times that comes from experience. Ug just scary.

Kanky

I guess I need to start a thread by itself but: I am scared for my daughter out in this world. I told DH that whenever she moves out that we need to help her financially with any security related expenses (camera set up, alarms, large dog vet bills, etc). But so many more women die at the hands of someone that they know. What can I do?? I can talk to her about what to look for, but a lot of the times that comes from experience. Ug just scary.
Abusers try to isolate their victims from their families and friends. Having a close relationship where you see her regularly will help.

dancinstallion

Authorities: Body of missing Florida college student found​

MIAMI (AP) — Authorities say they have found the body of a missing Florida college student who disappeared a week ago.

Orange County Sheriff John Mina said Saturday that authorities found Miya Marcano’s body near an apartment building. The 19-year-old vanished on the same day a maintenance man improperly used a master key to enter her apartment. Her family reported her missing after she missed a flight home to South Florida on Sept. 24.

The sheriff previously said Armando Caballero, a maintenance worker at the apartment complex where Marcano lived and worked, is considered the “prime suspect.” Caballero, 27, apparently killed himself; his body was found three days after Marcano was last seen.

Authorities said Marcano had repeatedly “rebuffed” romantic advances by Caballero. Detectives spoke to Caballero after the Valencia College student was reported missing, but had no evidence to detain him at that time. They obtained a warrant for his arrest after learning he had entered her apartment before she disappeared. His body was then found inside a garage.

“At this time, we cannot identify a cause of death, so I don’t’ want to speculate on that,” Mina said of Marcano's death during a news conference Saturday.

The FBI and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement were among the hundreds of authorities searching for Marcano. Meanwhile, friends and family held a prayer vigil and passed out flyers desperate to find the missing teen.

The sheriff says cellphone records from Caballero led them to the area, showing he was at the apartment for about 20 minutes the night she was reported missing.

Mina says they notified her parents just hours ago, adding “our hearts are broken.”

“Everyone wanted this outcome to be different," he said. “As a sheriff, as a father, obviously we are grieving at the loss of Miya.”

Caballero 's criminal history revealed one prior arrest in the state. In December 2013, he was arrested in Polk County on charges of using a destructive device resulting in property damage and discharging a weapon on school property, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

An arrest report said Polk County sheriff’s deputies were called to the campus of Warner University after a report of a bomb going off inside a dorm. The explosive turned out to be a toilet bowl cleaner concoction inside a plastic drink bottle. The report said Caballero admitted to using the improvised explosive as a “prank” on other residents of the dorm. No one was injured.

The apartment complex, Arden Villa, released a statement saying “all potential employees are vetted through a national background check services provider,” and no records of burglary or sexual assault were found involving Caballero.

fe5d635b6379ac8bf5460cd7ab1bede8.jpeg.jpg

Belle Du Jour

You can’t.
If someone wants to hurt you, it’s not difficult for them to do it, especially if you are not aware of their nefarious intentions. Women are especially vulnerable for many reasons. So you have to remain vigilant. Most importantly, trust your instincts.

Too often we dismiss that internal guidance as being over the top or, inaccurate. Always listen and act in accordance with it.

THIS! Your body KNOWS before your rational mind does. Don't even question your gut instinct. Run with it.

PatDM'T

Exactly your sub-conscious will analyze micro expressions, rate of breathing, tells, and a host of other things before you actually put a label on it.

If someone makes you uncomfortable, screw their feelings, stay away from them.

I know making
the whole post
all bold is
is silly and
cancels out
the reason we
highlight: To make
parts stand out.
But I started to
highlight what
I liked about
the post and
before I
knew it... :look:

In short,
I love the
whole post.

nysister

I know making
the whole post
all bold is
is silly and
cancels out
the reason we
highlight: To make
parts stand out.
But I started to
highlight what
I liked about
the post and
before I
knew it... :look:

In short,
I love the
whole post.
Thanks @PatDM'T !

Lately I'm, more and more concerned about the health of women, especially Black women. We need to protect ourselves.

mensa

Home cameras and pistol permits. More Black men and women are carrying following the Trump era.

As for home cameras, it’s a must and can send email and phone alerts you with any motion detection. One simple home camera could have saved this young lady. May she RIP.
Yep, and I'll add to your two ways of protection prayer to the Lord for His protection too.