Wypipo going CRAZY for this Gabby Petito case

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I was reading a Reddit thread where women were listing their favorite books and one called The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker kept coming up over and over and over again. One poster said that she gives the book to every young woman she knows who is about to start college. I added it to my list but haven't read it yet. But I believe it speaks to what you're saying @Chicoro, which is that we need to pick up on certain signs and trust our spidy senses.

Here's the book description:
—— A carjacker lurking in a shopping mall parking lot. An abusive husband pounding on the door. A disgruntled employee brandishing a gun. These days, no one is safe from the specter of violence. But according to Gavin de Becker, everyone can feel safer, act safer, be safer -- if they learn how to listen to their own sixth sense about danger. De Becker has made a career of protecting people and predicting violent behavior. His firm handles security for many of the leading figures in Hollywood and Silicon Valley, and his computerized risk-assessment system helps analyze threats to members of Congress and the Supreme Court. Now, in this unprecedented guide, de Becker shares his expertise with everyone. Covering all the dangerous situations people typically face -- street crime, domestic abuse, violence in the workplace -- de Becker provides real-life examples and offers specific advice on restraining orders, self-defense, and more. But the key to self-protection, he demonstrates, is learning how to trust our own intuitions. For everyone who's ever felt threatened, this book is essential reading.

My manager also told me about this other book Spy Secrets That Can Save Your Life: A Former CIA Officer Reveals Safety and Survival Techniques to Keep You and Your Family Protected.
Yes! Thank you! I bought this book and read it. I couldn’t remember the title. Thank you

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I was reading a Reddit thread where women were listing their favorite books and one called The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker kept coming up over and over and over again. One poster said that she gives the book to every young woman she knows who is about to start college. I added it to my list but haven't read it yet. But I believe it speaks to what you're saying @Chicoro, which is that we need to pick up on certain signs and trust our spidy senses.

Here's the book description:
—— A carjacker lurking in a shopping mall parking lot. An abusive husband pounding on the door. A disgruntled employee brandishing a gun. These days, no one is safe from the specter of violence. But according to Gavin de Becker, everyone can feel safer, act safer, be safer -- if they learn how to listen to their own sixth sense about danger. De Becker has made a career of protecting people and predicting violent behavior. His firm handles security for many of the leading figures in Hollywood and Silicon Valley, and his computerized risk-assessment system helps analyze threats to members of Congress and the Supreme Court. Now, in this unprecedented guide, de Becker shares his expertise with everyone. Covering all the dangerous situations people typically face -- street crime, domestic abuse, violence in the workplace -- de Becker provides real-life examples and offers specific advice on restraining orders, self-defense, and more. But the key to self-protection, he demonstrates, is learning how to trust our own intuitions. For everyone who's ever felt threatened, this book is essential reading.

My manager also told me about this other book Spy Secrets That Can Save Your Life: A Former CIA Officer Reveals Safety and Survival Techniques to Keep You and Your Family Protected.
Yes! I read this one. I couldn’t remember the title, though. Thank you for this information.

kcbelle925

Here is an interview with that woman that managed to get into the apt building before the guy tried to get her. Poor thing she has her entire face blurred and her daughter speaking for her..

So frightening, that poor woman. I hope they catch his backside. The thing that kills me about these NYC landlords they don't even make an effort to install proper locks for the building doors. With enough force, someone could push on the door hard enough to break the lock and they don't bother to replace it. So this fool was able to walk right in without a key. This is also why I never open the door so wide as to let someone just slip in behind me, I open it just enough for my body to squeak through and let it close immediately. If someone is behind me I hope they have their keys.

He rings the doorbell and calls out to them to let him in... but for why? He's an idiot. He's not going to last too long on the streets.

I am so angry about this. This is why I carry my pepper spray and steel baton just about everywhere with me.

Black Ambrosia

They love doing this stuff. I saw a story on the news about a plane being flown around the offices of one of the auto companies talking about how they funded politicians who supported the insurrection. If it brings awareness then it makes sense but I don’t see it helping in the search for that guy.

Kanky

They love doing this stuff. I saw a story on the news about a plane being flown around the offices of one of the auto companies talking about how they funded politicians who supported the insurrection. If it brings awareness then it makes sense but I don’t see it helping in the search for that guy.
I am so petty that I would refuse to say anything about it ever just because they kept harassing me to make a statement. :lol: I doubt that this is helping at all.

oneastrocurlie

Every time I see this video it makes me uneasy. I'm not in an apartment so it's a little different but it bothers me that I'd never be able to open 2 sets of doors fast enough to evade a guy moving as fast as he was.

I don't live in an apartment either but stuff like this and just living solo encouraged me to make a move on getting my ccw license.

Ivonnovi

If you are a white boy with a beard, look out.
Is it bad that my 1st thought was:
"Yay, now they'll get a taste of what we go through when we "fit the description".....​
But then thought YT Priv..when I read this part:

"“Next thing I see is a bunch of guys with riot shields with ‘US Marshals’ written on them, handguns pointed at my face,” Beckwith told the mag.

The stunned hiker was promptly handcuffed as one of the feds helped Brettmann get dressed."

...because WE KNOW they'dve hauled us off, naked or in our dirty-draws.

yamilee21

Like...WOW...

Look what you get when police actually DO their job.

It is astounding, the number of people who disappear, and very little or no effort is ever made to find them, in a country with so many resources and so much technology.

Kanky

Leeda.the.Paladin

This is such a scam. They are saying the remains are skeletal. Even if you are submerged in water, you don't become a skeleton in a few weeks!
Hmm. Animals? It was a small amount of water, I thought? If there were enough bottom feeders maybe? Crawfish will gobble up anything dead.

I never thought he'd kill himself though. Who knows?

PatDM'T

This is such a scam. They are saying the remains are skeletal. Even if you are submerged in water, you don't become a skeleton in a few weeks!
See, that is what
I was thinking too...
Hmm. Animals? It was a small amount of water, I thought? If there were enough bottom feeders maybe? Crawfish will gobble up anything dead.
Hadn't thought
of that :scratchchin:

I had a feeling
he would un-live
himself but hoped
he would be caught
before he did.
When they un-live
themselves it is
like they won. Boo!

msbettyboop

I assumed that's what he ran off to do like the coward he is so he can traumatize Gabby's family the second time by denying them justice and the chance to face their kid's murderer. He doesn't come across as someone that has the gravitas to pull a John List...