Xtreme Wetline Gel Replacement

DeRay

I know I'm probably late to the party because I rarely visit this side of the forum anymore, but apparently the green top Xtreme Wetline Gel has been discontinued and replaced with the dark blue top that contains lye!?!?!
Has anyone found a comparable replacement?
I don't do twist outs as much as top knots and buns and it was my go to for those. TIA...

secretdiamond

I know I'm probably late to the party because I rarely visit this side of the forum anymore, but apparently the green top Xtreme Wetline Gel has been discontinued and replaced with the dark blue top that contains lye!?!?!
Has anyone found a comparable replacement?
I don't do twist outs as much as top knots and buns and it was my go to for those. TIA...
Oh no! So glad I bought the big tub a while back. I'm about half way through it right now. Will keep an eye on this thread.

DeRay

Oh no! So glad I bought the big tub a while back. I'm about half way through it right now. Will keep an eye on this thread.

How long ago did you buy your tub? Cause I've been looking for the original for the last three weeks at least and it's no where to be found. I thought I found some on Amazon and ordered a twin pack for $15 which is more than double the price but they sent the new version instead of the original that was pictured.

Rastafarai

I highly recommend any of the following:

Mielle Brazilian Curly Cocktail Curl Mousse with Babassu Oil
Camille Rose Curl Maker
Design Essentials Almond & Avocado Curl Enhancing Mousse
Eco Style Gel with Argan Oil

I am looking to go the mousse v. gel route and finally do away with gels.

Last edited:

werenumber2

I haven’t tried it, but I’ve seen people compare Wetline to Super Wet Gel. The ingredients are pretty similar to original formula Wetline but Super Wet doesn’t have glycerin

secretdiamond

How long ago did you buy your tub? Cause I've been looking for the original for the last three weeks at least and it's no where to be found. I thought I found some on Amazon and ordered a twin pack for $15 which is more than double the price but they sent the new version instead of the original that was pictured.
A while ago. Like maybe 2 years ago. lol. I have the really big jar/tub, and I only use it for my edges.

Rastafarai

Bump!

I've heard good reviews on Mane Choice Do It Fro The Culture Bold Buttery Gel and Cheers Supreme Strength & Full Protection Gel-ato. I will try those next.