YAAAAASSS!!! Beautiful NATURAL actress @ SAG awards! WERK!!! (PICS)

LaBelleLL

beautiful woman. beautiful hair.

i totally thought she was rocking a braidout in that pic with her hair out and long. i would have never guessed it was a wig. i would totally rock something like that.

ok so according to this interview, she keeps extensions in her hair:
link: http://www.cfyh.co.uk/2012/05/22/hairspiration-interview-teyonah-parris/

"Do you have a hair regimen?
Everything I’ve learned about my natural hair has been from that same friend that “enlightened” me, lol and from friggin’ YOUTUBE!

The girls on there have consoled me during many a nights of crying from frustration and calling my friend threatening to her that I was going to relax my hair. The first time I tried to wash and detangle my natural hair it took me 4 HOURS!!!

I was in the shower: arms tired, crying, shampoo in my eyes, stomping my foot, sitting down in the tub and quitting with the shower still running, finally finishing and calling my friend shouting “I quit, this is STUPID! Why the heck am I doing this?” etc. Thank God for her support and for the gals on YouTube.

I adapted my regimen from ‘Naptural85′. She uses a lot of natural products that are straight from the kitchen. I tried a lot of the popular natural hair products and didn’t care for them. I really got excited about, essentially, being able to eat anything I put on my hair.

I keep extensions in my hair, now even! They’re just kinky/curly ones now! The stress that I was putting on my natural hair for auditions and being on set became too much. I had to figure out how to still rock my fro but not damage my natural hair. Hence, afro extensions, lol! So, I mix essential oils with jojoba or avocado oil and use a medicine dropper to get into my extensions and moisturize my hair every few days or at least once a week. I keep it hydrated by misting it with water."

Underneath this portion of the interview is another picture of her with the same hair. How are the afro extentions different from a weave or wig? I'm confused with the terminology. How does that work?

Last edited:

Leesh

She is flawless...Ever-ee-thing.

She slicked them natchel sides down boy!

Yesss...The art of slicker-eye-zation.

BlackMasterPiece

LaBelleLL said:

i totally thought she was rocking a braidout in that pic with her hair out and long. i would have never guessed it was a wig. i would totally rock something like that.

Everything I’ve learned about my natural hair has been from that same friend that “enlightened” me, lol and from friggin’ YOUTUBE!

The girls on there have consoled me during many a nights of crying from frustration and calling my friend threatening to her that I was going to relax my hair. The first time I tried to wash and detangle my natural hair it took me 4 HOURS!!!

I was in the shower: arms tired, crying, shampoo in my eyes, stomping my foot, sitting down in the tub and quitting with the shower still running, finally finishing and calling my friend shouting “I quit, this is STUPID! Why the heck am I doing this?” etc. Thank God for her support and for the gals on YouTube.

I adapted my regimen from ‘Naptural85′. She uses a lot of natural products that are straight from the kitchen. I tried a lot of the popular natural hair products and didn’t care for them. I really got excited about, essentially, being able to eat anything I put on my hair.

I keep extensions in my hair, now even! They’re just kinky/curly ones now! The stress that I was putting on my natural hair for auditions and being on set became too much. I had to figure out how to still rock my fro but not damage my natural hair. Hence, afro extensions, lol! So, I mix essential oils with jojoba or avocado oil and use a medicine dropper to get into my extensions and moisturize my hair every few days or at least once a week. I keep it hydrated by misting it with water."
Yep, exactly as I presumed, she keeps her hair in protective styles during the rigors of shooting and whips it out in the off season or for special events like these awards.

However I just read an interview that said she accomplished the updo in the OP with no added hair which I can totally see. But that long curly one had all the hallmarks of a weave, its well done and very flattering, but I'm a hair person so I spotted it.

Underneath this portion of the interview is another picture of her with the same hair. How are the afro extentions different from a weave or wig? I'm confused with the terminology. How does that work?
What she means by afro extensions is essentially a kinky curly weave, she blends it with her hair nicely because she can just do a twist-out or a braid out on the hair left out to make it blend:yep:

TruthInLove

You need Jesus or whomever you pray to. :nono::nono::nono::nono:

That shizz is not cool.

But anyway, vamoose negativity. Hello, positivity! That woman's gorgeous! She outshone every woman on that red carpet with their predictable looks. I loved it!!!!

No...her nose is ugly to me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I dont like big flat noses...oh well.

Leesh

I know I already posted upthread, but this chile is gawjus, jus breathtaking...Geesh!

I know she stole thee entire show...Souls was own fiyyah!

finickyone

:hiya:BlackMasterPiece

Miss seeing you around on the regular. I know that you can easily achieve this style. If I'm not mistaken you posted a tuck & roll style on your own hair a couple of years ago, correct?

BlackMasterPiece

:hiya:BlackMasterPiece

Miss seeing you around on the regular.
Hey love!:wave: Sorry I've been MIA on the Hair Board on here, I'm getting it together:giggle:

I know that you can easily achieve this style. If I'm not mistaken you posted a tuck & roll style on your own hair a couple of years ago, correct?
Yep I sure did!:yep: I'm now inspired to do yet another :) I love it cuz its sooooo easy!:grin:

Last edited:

manter26

That's really cool that celebs are taking styling advice from Naptural85. I wonder if she's seen this. :)

curlycoquette

There are several youtube tutorials that are somewhat similar to hers. Here are a few:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=petvkK3XpgI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzRDgnwWo2o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBY_qVKN1Dg (not a "tutorial", but she explains how she did it)

This was done on an old twistout but it has a similar look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh-IF9HkcPY

This one is gorgeous. She did hers with flat and individual twists, but obviously you could do it on blown out hair: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ds2oALO7U

curlycoquette

She really is a knockout. :yep:

CHI10

wow! she looks amazing!! it's refreshing to see natural hair like hers on the carpet!! funny how they try to make her look a ugly as possible on the show...i keep forgetting only white women can be seen as sexy and beautiful..silly me

natural2008

I'm fairly certain that her hair type is 4a/b. The curly hair pics is clearly a (beautiful) weave. The hairstyle in the OP wouldn't be all that difficult to achieve, if your hair isn't long enough for it you could use kanekalon hair to achieve the look:yep:, it would just involve some tucking and rolling. Now I'm inspired to do a tutorial and tag you:scratchch.

BlackMasterPiece - please do a tutorial and tag me as well. Pretty please :0).

yardyspice

I was gonna say that she was wearing a weave in two of those pictures but I didn't want to get :gotroasted: You can get a great replica with either HCN or RHO afro kinky.

wyldcurlz

What a sight for sore eyes!

Now THIS ladies and gentlemen, is how you do formal natural hair. Elaborate yet elegant. LOVE this.

Yes BlackMasterPiece her hair is LAID!! whomever did her hair is amazing!! and did an amazing job!! WOW! i need to find that person. and this actress is STUNNING!!! i'd watch mad men just to see her.

In other news BlackMasterPiece - that lil boy is DOIN IT in the dancing pix with the cheerleaders. where did you find that?!?! i almost peed! :lachen::lachen:

loved

That's really cool that celebs are taking styling advice from Naptural85. I wonder if she's seen this. :)

Kimberly Elise gave an interview on CN listing the youtube hair ladies, including Naptural 85, she follows for her natural hair regimen. I thought that was cool too. Their followers probably ding them with their interview mentions.

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
I was gonna say that she was wearing a weave in two of those pictures but I didn't want to get :gotroasted: You can get a great replica with either HCN or RHO afro kinky.

HCN = Halleys Curls? I'm going to make me a u-part like that :lol:.

Can I get her skin regimen too :lol:?

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
wow! she looks amazing!! it's refreshing to see natural hair like hers on the carpet!! funny how they try to make her look a ugly as possible on the show...i keep forgetting only white women can be seen as sexy and beautiful..silly me

THIS.
Them *****s (yes, even the supposedly gawjus Christina hendricks) would have to pick up their heels and run if they ever let her show her true beauty....

I keep coming back to stare at her pics. If any of you lezbuhns on this site who don't show your faces look like this, my PM box is open...:look: