YAAAAASSS!!! Beautiful NATURAL actress @ SAG awards! WERK!!! (PICS)

karenjoe

By the way, anyone have an idea about her hair type? In the SAG awards pics she looks like she's a 4a/4b but in the curly shots it looks much looser.

That first hairstyle is just to die for...:drool: I wish I knew how to style mine like that.

It's Art work... for sure...:yep:

karenjoe

I was gonna say that she was wearing a weave in two of those pictures but I didn't want to get :gotroasted: You can get a great replica with either HCN or RHO afro kinky.

oh yea I agree... Jonelle Monae( ?)
I'm sure every body will correct me on the correct spelling of the singers name:ohwell: but you know who I'm
m talking about
.... her hair has those pieces in it too.

again its ART!!!:clapping:

anybody know who created it?

g.lo

I am not anywhere near that length but i can't stop watching this video. I feel like ordering me some viviscal, nioxin, priteva, and down everything at once with a bottle of mineral rich. I want this style on my head now.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

CurlyMoo

Gorgeous woman here is her facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TeyonahParris

CurlyMoo

beautiful woman. beautiful hair.

i totally thought she was rocking a braidout in that pic with her hair out and long. i would have never guessed it was a wig. i would totally rock something like that.

ok so according to this interview, she keeps extensions in her hair:
link: http://www.cfyh.co.uk/2012/05/22/hairspiration-interview-teyonah-parris/

"Do you have a hair regimen?
Everything I’ve learned about my natural hair has been from that same friend that “enlightened” me, lol and from friggin’ YOUTUBE!

The girls on there have consoled me during many a nights of crying from frustration and calling my friend threatening to her that I was going to relax my hair. The first time I tried to wash and detangle my natural hair it took me 4 HOURS!!!

I was in the shower: arms tired, crying, shampoo in my eyes, stomping my foot, sitting down in the tub and quitting with the shower still running, finally finishing and calling my friend shouting “I quit, this is STUPID! Why the heck am I doing this?” etc. Thank God for her support and for the gals on YouTube.

I adapted my regimen from ‘Naptural85′. She uses a lot of natural products that are straight from the kitchen. I tried a lot of the popular natural hair products and didn’t care for them. I really got excited about, essentially, being able to eat anything I put on my hair.

I keep extensions in my hair, now even! They’re just kinky/curly ones now! The stress that I was putting on my natural hair for auditions and being on set became too much. I had to figure out how to still rock my fro but not damage my natural hair. Hence, afro extensions, lol!So, I mix essential oils with jojoba or avocado oil and use a medicine dropper to get into my extensions and moisturize my hair every few days or at least once a week. I keep it hydrated by misting it with water."

Underneath this portion of the interview is another picture of her with the same hair. How are the afro extentions different from a weave or wig? I'm confused with the terminology. How does that work?

Regarding the bolded

FINALLY, I have found a way to help my niece and other women moisturize their hair underneath their weave.

I am really curious of avocado oil now. :yep: Does anyone know what it does?

I am the most inspired to rock more natural hairstyles that are fun and cute but also protective styles. Instead of just putting it up in a boring bun or twists. :yep:

Last edited: