Yarn wraps?

bee

Hi, Ladies! I was just wondering if any of you ladies have worn yarn wraps? Is there anyone out there who does them herself? If so, how long did it take you, what type of yarn did you use and do you have pictures? Also, what did you do to your hair before, during and after the wraps? How did you maintain the style?

I'm asking because I read that yarn wraps produce the best growth of all braid styles.

Let me know. Thanks!

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
Are you talking about when the person braids your hair and takes a string and wraps it around your hair? If so I haven't had that since I was eight and I can't tell you if it works or not since a lot of time has passed. Sowwy...

Solti

Champagne_Wishes said:
Are you talking about when the person braids your hair and takes a string and wraps it around your hair? If so I haven't had that since I was eight and I can't tell you if it works or not since a lot of time has passed. Sowwy...

Or are you talking about the yarn that is wrapped around the single brads to give the illusion of dreads...I think the actress who played Max had them on Living Single back in the day with Tutti and Queen Latifah. :confused:

BrooklynDiva

I have silky dreads which are basically the same thing, only the braid is wrapped with synthetic hair. Anyway, I've had them in for about 6 months (I got them done twice) and I'm always shocked at the length of my hair when I take them out. The only problem is it really stresses my hair around the temples. I've had to take them out in that area a couple of times because the hair was breaking off.

carmend

I am assuming you are talking about the big "dokey" looking spiral type braids, right? I dont do them myself but used to where them all the time like 10 years ago. I will concur that I got the most growth from those than any other type of braids. I think b/c that are so big and ur hair is all protective in btw the yarn. Youre hair is not even braided. I used to get mine redone about every 6 weeks. I would relax about every 2-3 redos... My hair was very healthy and very long after wearing those for about 8 months. The only thing I did was spray oil sheen (blue can) on my scalp everyday and wash occasionally :D