Yet Another Mass Shooting - Buffalo

yamilee21

SoniT

It's sad how these shootings happen so often now that we're desensitized. It's not shocking anymore. :( This one really makes me angry. He went to a predominantly Black area with the intent to kill Black people. That could have been me, my family, or friends.

PatDM'T

Pookie nem
in prison need
to deal with his
:moon: when he get

He even recorded
himself doing it
like he was in
a video game. :angry2:

It is so sad
that any airhead
can get access
to a gun.
And especially since
he had been in
trouble before for
threatening to kill
his classmates.
He should have been
the last person to
have access to guns.

Black Ambrosia

Seriously. Until I saw this thread I didn't realize this was a *new* shooting. This is beyond ridiculous. Can't go to church or the grocery store safely and be a black person minding your own business. :nono:
This made me think about how we refer to certain groups having ‘safe spaces’ and how we legit need physical safe spaces. It doesn’t make any sense how this level of violence has been normalized.

SoniT

I'm looking at the ages of the victims, most in their 50s, 60s, and 70s. They remind me of my late mom, grandma, aunts - how grocery shopping on a Saturday or Sunday was part of their normal routine. These elderly people were minding their business and this hateful teen just shoots them because of the color of their skin. :(

Everything Zen

This is why DH and I run all up and through step kid’s room practically tossing it like a prison cell every few weeks. I don’t care what ANYONE says there’s no such thing as a right to privacy as long as you living up under MY ROOF. He made those illegal alterations to the gun using his dad’s tools in the garage. We keep a tracker on the child’s phone and If it’s not on she’s in trouble. She’s not even allowed to use the private search window on the internet. What you NOT gonna do is embarrass THIS HOUSE as a psychotic little serial killer with clueless behind parents plotting mass murder under their noses. How does an 18 year old drive 3 hours away from your home overnight and you’re just cool with it? Oh and that joke about murder/suicide? This one had an attitude and made a comment about poisoning me and I went in on her so deep she bawled her eyes out. You could hear me from the street corner. I don’t play.

Last edited:

kokodiva524

Serial Lurker
This is why DH and I run all up and through step kid’s room practically tossing it like a prison cell every few weeks. I don’t care what ANYONE says there’s no such thing as a right to privacy as long as you living up under MY ROOF. He made those illegal alterations to the gun using his dad’s tools in the garage. We keep a tracker on the child’s phone and If it’s not on she’s in trouble. She’s not even allowed to use the private search window on the internet. What you NOT gonna do is embarrass THIS HOUSE as a psychotic little serial killer with clueless behind parents plotting mass murder under their noses. How does an 18 year old drive 3 hours away from your home overnight and you’re just cool with it? Oh and that joke about murder/suicide? This one had an attitude and made a comment about poisoning me and I went in on her so deep she bawled her eyes out. You could hear me from the street corner. I don’t play.

Quoted for emphasis. Like is not enough.
YES to all of it! You dun preached a word right here.

Everything Zen

Well this explains why on top of a whole bunch of other mess why I’ve likely been a HAM all week. I didn’t really understand why I wanted to use Instacart today but stopped myself. I feel extremely hopeless but I know part of it is my cycle is about to start and the weather. I just feel trapped in this house and in my life these days. I really hadn’t processed my feelings around Buffalo but it’s been weighing very heavy on my spirit.

Everything Zen

Me too- I’m following this incident closely. It’s like Charleston all over again. I visited the Mother Emmanuel on one of the last parts of a work trip as the last time I traveled before the shut downs.

Everything Zen

Yep- sue the parents. They knew he was a racist psychopath because they raised him to be like that:

The best part:

“According to further court documents, the suspect has possessed firearms since he was 16 when Paul Gendron gave him a hunting rifle as a Christmas gift. The court documents also say the suspect "had a propensity for racist outbursts since at least his sixth-grade year," when he was allegedly suspended from school after using a racial slur. In the documents, the suspect is accused of repeatedly stabbing a cat, smashing its head on concrete, and finally decapitating it with a hatchet on March 25, 2022. The documents say he then posted photos of the incident online and spoke to Pamela Gendron about it. The suspect also allegedly received a speeding ticket in the mail on March 26, 2022 while on one of his trips to Buffalo.”

Evolving78