Yet Another Mass Shooting - Buffalo

Everything Zen

LISTEN- if YOU commit a mass murder I don’t give a :censored: if I squeezed you out of my vagina. I DON’T KNOW YOU :look: The media and the police are gonna be looking at me all sorts of cray when there’s a birth certificate with my name on it saying I’m your mammy, pictures of me attending your baseball game last week, video surveillance of me giving you a hug dropping your behind off at school the day before. I DON’T KNOW YOU. :look:

Peppermynt

Defying Gravity
LISTEN- if YOU commit a mass murder I don’t give a :censored: if I squeezed you out of my vagina. I DON’T KNOW YOU :look: The media and the police are gonna be looking at me all sorts of cray when there’s a birth certificate with my name on it saying I’m your mammy, pictures of me attending your baseball game last week, video surveillance of me giving you a hug dropping your behind off at school the day before. I DON’T KNOW YOU. :look:
@Everything Zen I thought of you when I read the below article:

Patriot Front member Jared Boyce kicked out by mom after Idaho arrest​

By
Emily Crane
June 14, 2022 5:50pm

One of 31 the Patriot Front members arrested at an Idaho Pride march over the weekend was kicked out of his mother’s home for refusing to denounce the white nationalist group, a report said.
Karen Amsden told the Daily Beast she gave her 27-year-old son Jared Michael Boyce an ultimatum after he showed up on her doorstep in Springville, Utah, on Sunday after being bailed out of jail by an anonymous donor.

“‘You can choose between Patriot Front and your family’,” Amsden said she told her son. “And he’s like, ‘Well, I can’t quit Patriot Front.’ I’m like, ‘Well, then you’ve just chosen. So pack your stuff and get out of my house.’” :giggle:

Boyce told his mom he showed up at Saturday’s Pride event in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho — allegedly armed with riot gear — because Patriot Front believed those involved were “grooming kids.”
Jared Michael Boyce (pictured above) chose the white supremacist group, Patriot Front, over his family.
When given an ultimatum, Jared Michael Boyce chose the white supremacist group Patriot Front over his family.AP

When she spotted the news reports of the 31 arrests, Amsden said she immediately knew her son was involved. She went searching through the photos of men wearing balaclavas — and eventually spotted Boyce.

“I could tell it was him,” she told the outlet. “And I had tried calling his phone and it was just going straight to voicemail and then later I was able to access the jail website and confirm that he was one of the guys that was arrested. It’s a sick feeling.”

Amsden said her son had spent years seeking out a “brotherhood” and trying to fill a “void” after his father came out as gay and left their family when he was younger.
Boyce and 30 other Patriot Front members, allegedly armed with riot gear, were arrested in Idaho at a Pride march over the weekend. Boyce and 30 other Patriot Front members, allegedly armed with riot gear, were arrested in Idaho at a Pride march over the weekend.via REUTERS

Boyce had been living with his then-wife and their two children in 2018 when he found the Patriot Front on the internet, according to his mother.
“I first understood how far he’d gone when he was denying the Holocaust — and one of my personal heroes is Anne Frank. And when he told me that, I thought he was kidding. Like, how can you? I just didn’t even know what to say,” Amsden told the outlet.

She added, “He’s so misguided and bought into all their rhetoric. It just makes me sick.”
Patriot Front claimed that they believed those involved with the Pride event were grooming kids. Patriot Front claimed that they believed those involved with the Pride event were “grooming kids.”AP

Amsden’s mother admitted that she was speaking out now in an attempt to sabotage her son’s standing with the far right group because all her other efforts had failed.

“I would love to do whatever I can to out him [as a Patriot Front member] so that he can’t be a part of it,” she said. “And that they don’t want him to be a part of their group because his mom has loose lips and a big mouth and he’s never going to get away with anything.” :giggle:

Boyce and 30 of his fellow Patriot Front members were nabbed Saturday on suspicion of plotting to violently disrupt the Pride event after the U-Haul rental truck they were riding in was pulled over.

The cops had received a call saying that a large group of men who looked like a little army jumped into the back of a U-Haul, some of them carrying shields. The cops had received a call saying that a large group of men who looked like a “little army” jumped into the back of a U-Haul.REUTERS

Cops had received a call from a concerned citizen saying a large group of men, who looked like a “little army”, had jumped into the back of a U-Haul — including some carrying shields.

Those arrested came from at least 11 states, including Washington, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Colorado, South Dakota, Illinois, Wyoming, Virginia, Idaho and Arkansas, Coeur d’Alene Police Chief Lee White said.

“They came to riot downtown,” Chief White said.

Everything Zen

How were the parents cool sleeping at night with him in their house when they found out what he did to that cat? Hello- 911? I’ll be the mom from the “The Good Son” with zero tears.
:look:

Everything Zen

Oh! And guess who we found sneaking over to a 19 year old boy’s house using said iPhone tracker when she told us she was going with her friends to McDonald’s after school bc of the tracker on her phone when she KNOWS we use the tracker?! :drunk: These idiots came up with a “plan” and everything.

Last edited:

Everything Zen

Good

Teen Gets 11 Years for Neo-Nazi Videos That Inspired Racist Buffalo Mass Shooting

The U.K teen's hateful content was linked to two mass shootings in the U.S.

A U.K. teenager has been sentenced to 11 and a half years behind bars for creating racist content that was heavily referenced by the neo-Nazi who live-streamed himself murdering Black people in a Buffalo grocery store.

Daniel John Harris, 19, will spend the next decade behind bars for creating neo-Nazi video propaganda that pushed for terrorism. Harris and his work were referenced at least seven times by the shooter who live-streamed himself murdering ten people during a mass shooting at a grocery store in May 2022. It was also alleged that the man who shot up a gay nightclub in Colorado, killing five and injuring 17, consumed them.

Harris was arrested on May 16, 2022, two days after the Buffalo attack, and was found guilty in December. He was sentenced late last week. It’s further evidence of the transnational and deadly nature of the modern white supremacy movement and how difficult it can be for law enforcement.

Harris' videos were directly referenced by the Buffalo mass murderer in the lengthy diary he kept in the days leading up to the mass shooting. At one point in the shooter's online diary, he wrote “Shout out to (Harris’ online name,) thank you for your service.”

Authorities said Harris knew the deadly impact he was having.

“The threat he posed became such that we had to act in order to ensure the safety of the wider public. The reference to one of his videos in the prelude to the Buffalo attack is a case in point," said Counter-Terrorism Detective Inspector Chris Brett. “Harris could see the reaction his videos were getting. This was not a one-off, this was not a game, this was a concerted effort to generate a following and influence people.”

Police alleged that Harris also tried to use a 3D printer to print parts in a “crude attempt” to create a handgun.

Experts have long been sounding the alarm of an international network of propagandists attempting to radicalize and push people into action.

“Harris’ arrest shows the international nature of the violent online extreme right, especially the subset of individuals who glorify attackers such as the Christchurch terrorist,” Joshua Fisher-Birch, an analyst on the far-right at the Counter-Extremism Project, told VICE News. “While many of these individuals are concerned with committing attacks in their area, they are also part of this online community that seeks to encourage violence in other locations in the name of white supremacism.”

Fisher-Birch told VICE News there have been similar cases of online propagandists being arrested and charged for their work trying to inspire far-right extremists worldwide. For example, in November 2022, a Slovakian man was sentenced to six years for his involvement in terrorism and was, as Fisher-Birch puts it, “an important player within the international neo-Nazi accelerationist online community and spread information helpful in committing terrorist attacks.” Neo-Nazi terror groups like The Base and Atomwaffen have had members belonging to cells located in North America, Europe, Scandinavia, and Australia.

“The issue is that around the globe, there are individuals who subscribe to the same or similar conspiracy theories and ideologies and feel they have the same group of enemies and either want to take violent action against them or encourage or facilitate others to do so,” said Fisher-Birch.

Remnants of Harris’ online footprint can still be found, many of his videos remain available on video streaming platforms that trumpet lax moderation as a selling point. Videos he created include a feature film-length video celebrating the Christchurch shooter, as well as anti-vaccine and COVID conspiracy videos. The final video he made celebrated the Buffalo killings. An account associated with the Buffalo shooter on a neo-Nazi video platform only liked one video and it was one where Harris explicitly called for killings of "subhumans."

During sentencing, the judge overseeing the case described Harris as a “highly dangerous” young man who created “vile” work, and that “what (the killers) did was no more than what you intended others to do.”

"You intended to encourage terrorism, and it's plain that what was being encouraged was lethal, racist, and antisemitic violence, as well as violence against the gay community,” said Judge Patrick Field KC, according to the BBC.

Police in the United Kingdom have been aggressively investigating and charging online neo-Nazis connected to networks such as the one described above. Many of the young men, like Harris, have been teenagers, a trend that was recently described by some experts as “extremely alarming.” Brett said it’s “no secret that across the country we are seeing more and more young people hitting the radar of counter-terrorism police, especially those who are displaying extreme right-wing views.”

“Not only did he create and share offensive posts and videos, but he also tried (and failed) to make a gun,” said Brett. “While not all individuals have the means to act upon their words, in the online space, they can easily spread to inspire others who do.”

nysister

Good

Teen Gets 11 Years for Neo-Nazi Videos That Inspired Racist Buffalo Mass Shooting

The U.K teen's hateful content was linked to two mass shootings in the U.S.

A U.K. teenager has been sentenced to 11 and a half years behind bars for creating racist content that was heavily referenced by the neo-Nazi who live-streamed himself murdering Black people in a Buffalo grocery store.

Daniel John Harris, 19, will spend the next decade behind bars for creating neo-Nazi video propaganda that pushed for terrorism. Harris and his work were referenced at least seven times by the shooter who live-streamed himself murdering ten people during a mass shooting at a grocery store in May 2022. It was also alleged that the man who shot up a gay nightclub in Colorado, killing five and injuring 17, consumed them.

Harris was arrested on May 16, 2022, two days after the Buffalo attack, and was found guilty in December. He was sentenced late last week. It’s further evidence of the transnational and deadly nature of the modern white supremacy movement and how difficult it can be for law enforcement.

Harris' videos were directly referenced by the Buffalo mass murderer in the lengthy diary he kept in the days leading up to the mass shooting. At one point in the shooter's online diary, he wrote “Shout out to (Harris’ online name,) thank you for your service.”

Authorities said Harris knew the deadly impact he was having.

“The threat he posed became such that we had to act in order to ensure the safety of the wider public. The reference to one of his videos in the prelude to the Buffalo attack is a case in point," said Counter-Terrorism Detective Inspector Chris Brett. “Harris could see the reaction his videos were getting. This was not a one-off, this was not a game, this was a concerted effort to generate a following and influence people.”

Police alleged that Harris also tried to use a 3D printer to print parts in a “crude attempt” to create a handgun.

Experts have long been sounding the alarm of an international network of propagandists attempting to radicalize and push people into action.

“Harris’ arrest shows the international nature of the violent online extreme right, especially the subset of individuals who glorify attackers such as the Christchurch terrorist,” Joshua Fisher-Birch, an analyst on the far-right at the Counter-Extremism Project, told VICE News. “While many of these individuals are concerned with committing attacks in their area, they are also part of this online community that seeks to encourage violence in other locations in the name of white supremacism.”

Fisher-Birch told VICE News there have been similar cases of online propagandists being arrested and charged for their work trying to inspire far-right extremists worldwide. For example, in November 2022, a Slovakian man was sentenced to six years for his involvement in terrorism and was, as Fisher-Birch puts it, “an important player within the international neo-Nazi accelerationist online community and spread information helpful in committing terrorist attacks.” Neo-Nazi terror groups like The Base and Atomwaffen have had members belonging to cells located in North America, Europe, Scandinavia, and Australia.

“The issue is that around the globe, there are individuals who subscribe to the same or similar conspiracy theories and ideologies and feel they have the same group of enemies and either want to take violent action against them or encourage or facilitate others to do so,” said Fisher-Birch.

Remnants of Harris’ online footprint can still be found, many of his videos remain available on video streaming platforms that trumpet lax moderation as a selling point. Videos he created include a feature film-length video celebrating the Christchurch shooter, as well as anti-vaccine and COVID conspiracy videos. The final video he made celebrated the Buffalo killings. An account associated with the Buffalo shooter on a neo-Nazi video platform only liked one video and it was one where Harris explicitly called for killings of "subhumans."

During sentencing, the judge overseeing the case described Harris as a “highly dangerous” young man who created “vile” work, and that “what (the killers) did was no more than what you intended others to do.”

"You intended to encourage terrorism, and it's plain that what was being encouraged was lethal, racist, and antisemitic violence, as well as violence against the gay community,” said Judge Patrick Field KC, according to the BBC.

Police in the United Kingdom have been aggressively investigating and charging online neo-Nazis connected to networks such as the one described above. Many of the young men, like Harris, have been teenagers, a trend that was recently described by some experts as “extremely alarming.” Brett said it’s “no secret that across the country we are seeing more and more young people hitting the radar of counter-terrorism police, especially those who are displaying extreme right-wing views.”

“Not only did he create and share offensive posts and videos, but he also tried (and failed) to make a gun,” said Brett. “While not all individuals have the means to act upon their words, in the online space, they can easily spread to inspire others who do.”
Beautiful! I hope he never makes it out. Put him in the section with Black men, angry ones.

Everything Zen

I got emotional seeing the family member’s reactions. He had the gall to cry. There’s a video of them in the courtroom at the link

Gunman sentenced to life in prison for Buffalo massacre of Black victims

Shooter Payton Gendron targeted Black people and posted rambling online statement that included antisemitic rants and far-right conspiracy theories

The gunman who killed 10 Black people in a shooting rampage at a Buffalo supermarket in May was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison without the possibility of parole at an emotional hearing during which he faced recriminations and anger from the victims’ families.

One unidentified man rushed at the suspect during the hearing before being restrained by law enforcement officers in the courtroom.

Payton Gendron, 19, planned the attack for months, targeting the Tops Friendly Markets, located in a predominantly Black neighborhood of Buffalo, according to his online writings, which cited white supremacist conspiracy theories and antisemitic rants.

Erie County Court Judge Susan Eagan delivered the sentence, denouncing the history of white supremacy in the United States. “Let ours be the generation to put a stop to it," she said. "We can do better. We must do better.”

To Gendron, she said: “There is no place for you and your ignorant, hateful ideology. There can be no mercy for you. No understanding. No second chances. The damage you have caused is too great. And the people you have hurt are too valuable to this community. You will never see the light of day as a free man ever again.”

Gendron, handcuffed and wearing orange prison clothes, recited a written apology for his crimes, saying he acted out of hate but does not want other white supremacists to be inspired by his actions.

“I did a terrible thing that day. I shot and killed people because they were Black,” Gendron said. “Looking back now, I can’t believe I did it.”

Someone in the courtroom could be heard yelling, “You don’t mean none of that!"

Ahead of his sentencing, victims’ family members delivered statements, remembering their loved ones and denouncing Gendron as a terrorist who had shattered their lives and struck fear in the Black community. Barbara Massey, whose sister Katherine Massey was among those killed, told Gendron that she wanted to choke him.

“You come to our city and decide you do not like black people? Man, you don’t know a damn thing about black people,” Massey said, looking directly at Gendron, who was seated at the defense table. “We’re human. We like our kids to go to a good school. We love our kids. We never go to no neighborhood and take people out.”

Get the Post Most Newsletter

The most popular and interesting stories of the day to keep you in the know. In your inbox, every day.

At that point, a man who had been standing behind Massey rushed at Gendron, prompting several officers in the courtroom to intervene, as other officers quickly ushered Gendron out of the chambers. After a short break, Eagan asked the families to control their emotions and the testimony resumed.

Gendron had included in his writings references to the “great replacement theory,” popular on the far right, which claims a cabal is seeking to replace native-born White Americans with non-White people, including immigrants. He live-streamed the shooting on social media.

Gendron, of Conklin, N.Y., pleaded guilty in November to state murder and domestic terrorism charges that, under state law, carry a mandatory life sentence without the possibility of parole. New York does not permit the death penalty.

The victims of the attack included Pearl Young, a 77-year-old grandmother who volunteered every weekend at her church’s food pantry, and Heyward Patterson, 67, who often drove members of his church to Tops, helped them load their groceries and then drove them home. In addition to those killed, three others were injured.

Gendron still faces federal hate crime and firearm charges that could make him eligible for capital punishment. The Justice Department is deliberating over whether to pursue the death penalty, and the victims’ families have offered split opinions over the matter.

Terrence Connors, a Buffalo-based attorney who represents several victims’ families and one survivor, said federal prosecutors told them last month that a decision is not imminent.

“The emotions run the gamut,” Connors said in an interview Tuesday. “There are those who are anxious to see him receive the maximum punishment, and there are family members who regard him as irrelevant to their lives and will not pay him any deference, but are still hoping to make something positive out of this horrible situation.”

In an 180-page statement, Gendron said he was bored during the early days of the 2020 coronavirus pandemic and became radicalized after engaging on 4chan, a social media network. He cited Brenton Tarrant, who fatally shot 51 people and injured 40 others in a mass killing at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, in 2019. Tarrant had titled his own statement “The Great Replacement,” and he live-streamed some of his shooting attack.

Other mass killers in the United States have cited Tarrant and the great replacement theory. Among them is Patrick Crusius, who pleaded guilty last week to federal hate crime and firearm charges in a 2019 mass killing in which he fatally shot 23 people and injured 22 at a Walmart in El Paso. Crusius, who federal authorities said has schizoaffective disorder, is facing 90 life sentences in the federal case. Texas authorities are still pursuing a capital murder case against him.

Another suspect, Robert Bowers, is set to stand trial in April on federal capital charges connected to the 2018 shooting that killed 11 people in a Pittsburgh synagogue. Authorities said Bowers cited conspiracy theories about White genocide in online posts to Gab, a social media site.

During Gendron’s plea hearing in November, Erie County District Attorney John J. Flynn called the outcome of the criminal case “swift justice,” emphasizing that the survivors, victims’ relatives and the Buffalo community would be able to avoid a lengthy criminal trial.

David Nakamura covers the Justice Department with a focus on civil rights. He has previously covered the White House, sports, education, city government and foreign affairs.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

© 1996-2023 The Washington Post

Everything Zen

Last edited:

nysister

I got emotional seeing the family member’s reactions. He had the gall to cry. There’s a video of them in the courtroom at the link

Gunman sentenced to life in prison for Buffalo massacre of Black victims

Shooter Payton Gendron targeted Black people and posted rambling online statement that included antisemitic rants and far-right conspiracy theories

The gunman who killed 10 Black people in a shooting rampage at a Buffalo supermarket in May was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison without the possibility of parole at an emotional hearing during which he faced recriminations and anger from the victims’ families.

One unidentified man rushed at the suspect during the hearing before being restrained by law enforcement officers in the courtroom.

Payton Gendron, 19, planned the attack for months, targeting the Tops Friendly Markets, located in a predominantly Black neighborhood of Buffalo, according to his online writings, which cited white supremacist conspiracy theories and antisemitic rants.

Erie County Court Judge Susan Eagan delivered the sentence, denouncing the history of white supremacy in the United States. “Let ours be the generation to put a stop to it," she said. "We can do better. We must do better.”

To Gendron, she said: “There is no place for you and your ignorant, hateful ideology. There can be no mercy for you. No understanding. No second chances. The damage you have caused is too great. And the people you have hurt are too valuable to this community. You will never see the light of day as a free man ever again.”

Gendron, handcuffed and wearing orange prison clothes, recited a written apology for his crimes, saying he acted out of hate but does not want other white supremacists to be inspired by his actions.

“I did a terrible thing that day. I shot and killed people because they were Black,” Gendron said. “Looking back now, I can’t believe I did it.”

Someone in the courtroom could be heard yelling, “You don’t mean none of that!"

Ahead of his sentencing, victims’ family members delivered statements, remembering their loved ones and denouncing Gendron as a terrorist who had shattered their lives and struck fear in the Black community. Barbara Massey, whose sister Katherine Massey was among those killed, told Gendron that she wanted to choke him.

“You come to our city and decide you do not like black people? Man, you don’t know a damn thing about black people,” Massey said, looking directly at Gendron, who was seated at the defense table. “We’re human. We like our kids to go to a good school. We love our kids. We never go to no neighborhood and take people out.”

Get the Post Most Newsletter

The most popular and interesting stories of the day to keep you in the know. In your inbox, every day.

At that point, a man who had been standing behind Massey rushed at Gendron, prompting several officers in the courtroom to intervene, as other officers quickly ushered Gendron out of the chambers. After a short break, Eagan asked the families to control their emotions and the testimony resumed.

Gendron had included in his writings references to the “great replacement theory,” popular on the far right, which claims a cabal is seeking to replace native-born White Americans with non-White people, including immigrants. He live-streamed the shooting on social media.

Gendron, of Conklin, N.Y., pleaded guilty in November to state murder and domestic terrorism charges that, under state law, carry a mandatory life sentence without the possibility of parole. New York does not permit the death penalty.

The victims of the attack included Pearl Young, a 77-year-old grandmother who volunteered every weekend at her church’s food pantry, and Heyward Patterson, 67, who often drove members of his church to Tops, helped them load their groceries and then drove them home. In addition to those killed, three others were injured.

Gendron still faces federal hate crime and firearm charges that could make him eligible for capital punishment. The Justice Department is deliberating over whether to pursue the death penalty, and the victims’ families have offered split opinions over the matter.

Terrence Connors, a Buffalo-based attorney who represents several victims’ families and one survivor, said federal prosecutors told them last month that a decision is not imminent.

“The emotions run the gamut,” Connors said in an interview Tuesday. “There are those who are anxious to see him receive the maximum punishment, and there are family members who regard him as irrelevant to their lives and will not pay him any deference, but are still hoping to make something positive out of this horrible situation.”

In an 180-page statement, Gendron said he was bored during the early days of the 2020 coronavirus pandemic and became radicalized after engaging on 4chan, a social media network. He cited Brenton Tarrant, who fatally shot 51 people and injured 40 others in a mass killing at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, in 2019. Tarrant had titled his own statement “The Great Replacement,” and he live-streamed some of his shooting attack.

Other mass killers in the United States have cited Tarrant and the great replacement theory. Among them is Patrick Crusius, who pleaded guilty last week to federal hate crime and firearm charges in a 2019 mass killing in which he fatally shot 23 people and injured 22 at a Walmart in El Paso. Crusius, who federal authorities said has schizoaffective disorder, is facing 90 life sentences in the federal case. Texas authorities are still pursuing a capital murder case against him.

Another suspect, Robert Bowers, is set to stand trial in April on federal capital charges connected to the 2018 shooting that killed 11 people in a Pittsburgh synagogue. Authorities said Bowers cited conspiracy theories about White genocide in online posts to Gab, a social media site.

During Gendron’s plea hearing in November, Erie County District Attorney John J. Flynn called the outcome of the criminal case “swift justice,” emphasizing that the survivors, victims’ relatives and the Buffalo community would be able to avoid a lengthy criminal trial.

David Nakamura covers the Justice Department with a focus on civil rights. He has previously covered the White House, sports, education, city government and foreign affairs.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

© 1996-2023 The Washington Post
I like judges with personalities that say things like this: "To Gendron, she said: “There is no place for you and your ignorant, hateful ideology. There can be no mercy for you. No understanding. No second chances. The damage you have caused is too great. And the people you have hurt are too valuable to this community. You will never see the light of day as a free man ever again.

We're too easy on people as a society.

Make it stick. I hope he never sees light again. I'm sure that someone serving life can make that happen. He doesn't deserve his anymore.