Yolanda Adams Morning Show

MissB

I just found out that Yolanda Adams has a syndicated morning show. Does anyone here listen to it? How is it? I am a little jealous because it hasn't reached the DC area yet.

kbragg

missvi, your Meez looks just like you girl! Ya'll forgive me for saying this but I just do not like Yolanda Adams at all. I don't remember if it was MTV or BET but it was one of those "Cribs" type shows and they were doing Gospel Musci artists. Kirk Franklin was on the same episode. Well anyway, all the artists were humble and gave God the glory for all they had and used it as an opportunity to share the love of God....EXCEPT Yolonda!:confused: During her segment all she did was go on and on and on about her shoes, and her clothes, and her pool, and her awards, and all her many 'worldly' possessions, and not once gave God credit for anything. The name never exited her mouth.:eek: It was all about her and how great she thought she was. I was a sinner back then but even then the hypocrasy of that burned me up. I will not support her music or allow my money which I am a stewart of to contribute to her continuing to gain filthy lucre.:mad:

I know, I'm a total party pooper. Forgive me.:ohwell:

dlewis

kbragg said:
missvi, your Meez looks just like you girl! Ya'll forgive me for saying this but I just do not like Yolanda Adams at all. I don't remember if it was MTV or BET but it was one of those "Cribs" type shows and they were doing Gospel Musci artists. Kirk Franklin was on the same episode. Well anyway, all the artists were humble and gave God the glory for all they had and used it as an opportunity to share the love of God....EXCEPT Yolonda!:confused: During her segment all she did was go on and on and on about her shoes, and her clothes, and her pool, and her awards, and all her many 'worldly' possessions, and not once gave God credit for anything. The name never exited her mouth.:eek: It was all about her and how great she thought she was. I was a sinner back then but even then the hypocrasy of that burned me up. I will not support her music or allow my money which I am a stewart of to contribute to her continuing to gain filthy lucre.:mad:

I saw that show and thought the same thing.

**Tasha*Love**

missvi said:
We have it here too in Atl on 97.5fm. I like her.
I started listening to her on 97.5 last week but I find the show a bit boring. It seems like she is yelling in the microphone. But maybe in time it will get better.

kbragg

dlewis said:
I saw that show and thought the same thing.

Whew! I'm not alone!:lol: I loved Kirk Franklin on there though. He is so humble and greatful, truly loves the Lord and his family, and his little girl is such a cute little princess!;)

MissB

I saw Yolanda in concert on Saturday. She talked (preached) as much as she sang. But, she did speak the truth and she did give God all the credit for her success. I didn't realize until afterwards that she had a morning show.

missvi

God is Good!!
kbragg said:

I know, Its funny because I said that the other day.:)

mblake8

kbragg said:

Maybe that was edited out????? i dont know just trying to help her out :)

Sunshine_One

mblake8 said:
Maybe that was edited out????? i dont know just trying to help her out :)

ITA...I was thinking the same thing. Because I've seen Yolanda in person and on TV many times over the years...and giving Thanks to the Lord is always the first thing to come out of her mouth. I think some serious editing was done.......producers are always going for an angle on TV. Who know's what "their" objective was?

kbragg

Sunshine_One said:
ITA...I was thinking the same thing. Because I've seen Yolanda in person and on TV many times over the years...and giving Thanks to the Lord is always the first thing to come out of her mouth. I think some serious editing was done.......producers are always going for an angle on TV. Who know's what "their" objective was?

I doubt it, because they didn't edit out any of the other Christian artists.:perplexed She just said "Welcome to my home...blah blah blah....me me me...etc":ohwell:

Sasha Fierce

I'm sorry y'all...I'm not a fan of this show. :nono: Maybe she's new and will get better at this talk show thing. But right now, she just seems awkward on the air. She piggybacks on what Brother Larry Jones says to the point where she is only inserting partial sentences and she has this hysterical laugh that is just too much during the smallest jokes. :huh: Just not natural sounding. And what was up with today's topic; "Do all dogs go to heaven?". That was waaaay wack! Again, being in Atlanta, I'm a lil upset that Sonya Hamm and the Breakfast club got bumped to 10 am. I love her on-air personality and "Relationship Thursdays" where they go through various callers who have spiritually related questions is really good. I'm sure this sequence is still on but I am probably in school/ at work by then :ohwell: