(((Yooo-hoooo!!! Transitionerrrrrs.....)))

audacity.

What kind of flat iron are you using to straighten your hair? Does it do a good job blending your NG and relaxed ends? I guess this is more for those who have a couple of inches of NG and not really just starting their transition.

In other words, what is the regimen you use to straighten your hair (product and appliance specific please)?

Thanks!
:kiss:

eta: naturals who transitioned please chime in too! :yep:

Im in my 5th month of transitioning and I use my sedu to flat iron my hair. I usually wash and then airdry. i put my hair into four sections and then i apply a heat protectant serum and flat iron one section at a time and yes it does a good job with disguising the new growth

Im in my 5th month of transitioning and I use my sedu to flat iron my hair. I usually wash and then airdry. i put my hair into four sections and then i apply a heat protectant serum and flat iron one section at a time and yes it does a good job with disguising the new growth

so you airdry in a pony tail or leave it loose?

I rollerset my hair and use a CHI flatiron when I straighten my hair. I'm 17 months post relaxer, and the CHI does a good job of getting my roots straight.

I don't straighten my hair much and the deeper I got into my transition, the less I do it. I was 16 months post when I most recently did it it, but before then, I think I was 3 months post, so big difference :lachen:

How I did it most recently:

ACV rinse w/ 1 cup of ACV to 4 cups distilled water

shampoo w/ diluted dr. bronners castile soap ( I had a LOT of product build up...the deep conditioning helped w/ the stripped feeling my hair had after acv rinse AND shampoo)

deep conditioned overnight w/ Ms Keys 10 en 1 (sectioned hair in 4 parts, applied conditioner to each section like a relaxer, covered w/ plastic cap)

rinsed conditioner out, covered w/ plastic cap (didn't dry hair w/ towel)

applied giovanni direct leave in, and IC heat protectant serum

rollerset hair using 50/5o mix of giovanni direct and water to spray on sections before rolling them

sat under soft bonnet dryer until completely dry

flat iron roots

and that was it..next time I'll do a saran wrap on my hair

I rollerset my hair and use a CHI flatiron when I straighten my hair. I'm 17 months post relaxer, and the CHI does a good job of getting my roots straight.

I don't straighten my hair much and the deeper I got into my transition, the less I do it. I was 16 months post when I most recently did it it, but before then, I think I was 3 months post, so big difference :lachen:

How I did it most recently:

ACV rinse w/ 1 cup of ACV to 4 cups distilled water

shampoo w/ diluted dr. bronners castile soap ( I had a LOT of product build up...the deep conditioning helped w/ the stripped feeling my hair had after acv rinse AND shampoo)

deep conditioned overnight w/ Ms Keys 10 en 1 (sectioned hair in 4 parts, applied conditioner to each section like a relaxer, covered w/ plastic cap)

rinsed conditioner out, covered w/ plastic cap (didn't dry hair w/ towel)

applied giovanni direct leave in, and IC heat protectant serum

rollerset hair using 50/5o mix of giovanni direct and water to spray on sections before rolling them

sat under soft bonnet dryer until completely dry

flat iron roots

and that was it..next time I'll do a saran wrap on my hair

thanks, chica! :kiss: the saran wrap may really help get these roots staright.

Hi, I use a Maxiglide and CHI silk infusion to flat iron. It works really well.

I wash with CON, condition w/ VO5, then I put it in to 6 braids. I let it airdry for about 2hours, then I blow it dry (if I didn't use a blow dryer, it would take about 2 1/2 days for my hair to airdry completely.

Then I put the CHI silk infusion on each of the 6 braids then flat iron.

What kind of flat iron are you using to straighten your hair? Does it do a good job blending your NG and relaxed ends? I guess this is more for those who have a couple of inches of NG and not really just starting their transition.

In other words, what is the regimen you use to straighten your hair (product and appliance specific please)?

Thanks!
:kiss:

eta: naturals who transitioned please chime in too! :yep:
i use the pinkFHI iron. i LOVE it! makes my hair sooooooooooooooo incredibly shiny and silky. its only one temp so i dont know how hot it gets.. i do know that it doesnt smoke up which is always a good thing. and does great with my new growth... its a great investment. i also have a h2pro which does great as well.
hth

i use the pinkFHI iron. i LOVE it! makes my hair sooooooooooooooo incredibly shiny and silky. its only one temp so i dont know how hot it gets.. i do know that it doesnt smoke up which is always a good thing. and does great with my new growth... its a great investment. i also have a h2pro which does great as well.
hth

yes it does help. thanks! :kiss:

A beast by the name of CHI...
I rollerset first and do a silk wrap... then flat iron...
so that's that... oh I use NTM serum with that...
I set with Giovanni Direct Leave In & Water in spray
bottle... 50/50 ratio... that GDLI is a beast...
Salerm and Lacio Lacio work too... but nothing else for me

By the title of thread...
I thought you were going to say "yoohoo" was
good for hair... about to make me go out and
put chocolate milk in my head... wait... might not be a bad idea.

Hi, I use a Maxiglide and CHI silk infusion to flat iron. It works really well.

I wash with CON, condition w/ VO5, then I put it in to 6 braids. I let it airdry for about 2hours, then I blow it dry (if I didn't use a blow dryer, it would take about 2 1/2 days for my hair to airdry completely.

Then I put the CHI silk infusion on each of the 6 braids then flat iron.

I need to get some of that Chi Silk Infusion...I made my own heat protectant using water, coconut oil and SAA. It did ok, but I want the salon swang on day one.

Thanks! :kiss:

A beast by the name of CHI...
I rollerset first and do a silk wrap... then flat iron...
so that's that... oh I use NTM serum with that...
I set with Giovanni Direct Leave In & Water in spray
bottle... 50/50 ratio... that GDLI is a beast...
Salerm and Lacio Lacio work too... but nothing else for me

Silk wrap is something else I need to incorporate...WAIT! I need to get a dryer first, hhu???? :smirk:

ETA: that CHI is a monster, huh? I love it!

Thanks, ST! :kiss:

Back