You Feel Like You're Doing Everything Right, But It's Still Breaking--CLICK NOW!

amy1234

I still have this (rose h2o) and I used it yesterday. I didn't really notice much difference because I have been wearing my hair up for this past month. I remember when I used it in the past when I was wearing my hair down and it did help, I was just looking for any daily moisturizing cond. and I grabbed the mizani rose...
My hair felt softer and easier to comb.

amy1234

Lovelylocs said:
Does anyone know if the Mizani Rose H2o Intense Night-time Treatment is an oil/grease or if it is watery/creamy? Would it ruin my blowout if I put it on my dry hair?
To me it's more oily/greasy then watery/creamy.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Lovelylocs said:
She is advocating rollersetting over airdrying. I've had her and another Dominican stylist from another salon tell me the same thing. They said that u always have to dry your hair in rollers b/c if u dont then the roots b/c weak and the ends will split. The thing is that when my hair was perfectly healthy I used to airdry all of the time. I would C/O wash every other day and airdry and my hair was luxurious. My hair would grow really fast too, but I would still get split ends.

I have dried my hair in rollers for the last month and I dont have any new splits since my trim before this whole rollersetting every week thing started. :) I'm still not so sure that I am a believer, but I'm going to keep trying this thing out and see. The only thing is that I like washing my hair often. :lol: I love doing my hair. After a while I may start washing every other day again and rollersetting right after, but w/o heat or with heat for like 1min at the end and then wrapping. Does this sound like a bad idea?

If you are working with healthy hair, then this isn't a bad idea at all. I wouldn't even see a problem with you sitting under the dryer with your rollers because it's not direct heat and as I mentioned before--you'll get some deep conditioning action.

If you were not working with healthy hair, I would not advocate the washing every other day. (not even CO washing)

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Lovelylocs said:
Does anyone know if the Mizani Rose H2o Intense Night-time Treatment is an oil/grease or if it is watery/creamy? Would it ruin my blowout if I put it on my dry hair?

This won't ruin your blow out if you use it sparingly. :up:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
felicia said:
supergirl, which moisturizing shampoo do you rec?

If you're going to do a protein treatment, I specifically recommend one of these: Design Essentials Moisture Retention, Deep Brilliance Hydration, or Keracare Hydrating Detangling.

If you're not doing protein, I would recommend one of the above 3 or one of these: Elasta QP Shampoo for Relaxed Hair, Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo

Ms_Twana

SG, I did a heavy protein treatment last Friday with Nexxus Emergencee. Do you suggest that I do solution B now or solution C? Or should I just focus on moisture?? Also, what's the best way to moisturize twice a day?? Like, what products can be used for moisture, and what products can be used to seal that moisture??

Last edited:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Ms_Twana said:
SG, I did a heavy protein treatment last Friday with Nexxus Emergencee. Do you suggest that I do solution B now or solution C? Or should I just focus on moisture?? Also, what's the best way to moisturize twice a day?? Like, what products can be used for moisture, and what products can be used to seal that moisture??

Hi Ms Twana,

Solution B is protein and it sounds like you've already done your protein. Why don't you go ahead and try "Solution C." I think you'll be quite pleased.

Currently, my favorite moisturizer is Neutrogena Silk Touch Leave-In. I seal with jojoba, but you can seal with most oils.

Lovelylocs

Thanks for the advice Supergirl! :)

When you are not shampooing for two weeks, can u wash your hair in between w/smthg else? I dont think I can go 2 full weeks w/o washing at all. :nono:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Lovelylocs said:
Thanks for the advice Supergirl! :)

When you are not shampooing for two weeks, can u wash your hair in between w/smthg else? I dont think I can go 2 full weeks w/o washing at all. :nono:

I'm saying not to use shampoo for 2 weeks. I'm not saying that you can't rinse and use conditioner though. The point is to keep away from shampoos for a while.

Yellowflowers

Supergirl said:
By the way, I am cutting this post up because I still live in the "dark ages" and have dial-up internet service. I often find myself getting knocked off the net by incoming calls. I'd be really annoyed if I were typing this long post and got knocked off before I could finish it.

Anyway, on to C--

Do you SEE the product I have in my signature. It's called Mizani Rose H20 Night Time Treatment. (in case someone is reading this in the future and the product is no longer in my siggy) I do not work for Mizani or anything like that, but I know that I have at least 3 threads about this product. This is my rescue product. This product is $18 well spent. I think I'm on my 3rd jar. I usually only pull it out in times of emergency, but sometimes I use it as preventative care. I don't even know what it is in the ingredients of this product that makes it stop breakage dead in its tracks, but it does it and does it well. I believe it may be ceramides or something like that. It smells good too. :) You're supposed to apply the product at night every 2nd or 3rd night. You should comb or brush (gently) through to ensure that it gets around to all the lovely strands. Then put your scarf or whatever on. When you wake up and comb through your hair after the VERY FIRST use, you will probably notice less hairs in your comb. But continue using the product for at least 2-3 weeks to create lasting results. I say this because your hair still needs time to get strong again--like you need to get strong after you've been sick. It takes time. The Mizani product is not a permanent fix until your hair gets strong again and it can help your hair to get strong again. Using it once or twice on hair that's really still kind of weak won't quite get you the results you desire. So continue using it and it will kind of act like a band-aid on your hair (keeping it from breaking) as it builds it back up and as the other parts of your regimen help build it up. I hope that makes sense.

Again, I recommend only using shampoo once a week (moisturizing shampoo) while trying this solution. Conditioner washes are fine, but not everyday. 2-3x/week just like before.

You can thank me later. I hope this helps. I know how frustrated I was after my last "bad visit" to the stylist. A combination of these things is what helped me to get my waist length (yay!--I can't believe I just typed that) :) hair back on track! Love ya :kiss:

You are such a doll for taking the time to post these tips. :) I some more questions. How in the world do you air dry that gorgeous main of yours? How long does it take? How do you keep those ends do full?

devin

Thank you sooo much for such an informative post!:D I am definitely going to give these methods a try. It seems like no matter what I do I still get breakage.:( I really hope this works for me.

aprilbiz

Supergirl,

This is a fantastic post. I've save your info to reference later. I've experienced some shedding lately and I'm going to try your suggested solutions. One major thing I need to do is get off some of the "cheap" products.

Did you mention a clarifying shampoo suggetion? Sorry if I missed it. Also, the 2x moisturizing that you do daily, is it with the Neutregena leave-in?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Yellowflowers said:
You are such a doll for taking the time to post these tips. :) I some more questions. How in the world do you air dry that gorgeous main of yours? How long does it take? How do you keep those ends do full?

My airdrying method goes a little something like this:

I step out of the shower with dripping wet hair. No squeezing, no towel blotting, nothing! You see if I leave it soaking/dripping wet, it's going to air dry smoother because the weight of the water pulls down on the hair and helps it to air-dry with maximum straightness and smoothness. Usually, I will add a leave-in after I step out of the shower with dripping hair and I comb the leave-in through. I comb through my hair every 30 minutes to 1 hour while it's air drying.

If I stay home, my hair will take 4-7 hours to air dry. :shock: If I go out, it dries much faster--like 2 to 3 hours faster.

I'd say my ends are in the condition they're in because I've not used heat very often over the last 5-6 years. Also, I've been trimming alot more lately since I have reached a length I'd like to stay at.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
aprilbiz said:
Supergirl,

This is a fantastic post. I've save your info to reference later. I've experienced some shedding lately and I'm going to try your suggested solutions. One major thing I need to do is get off some of the "cheap" products.

Did you mention a clarifying shampoo suggetion? Sorry if I missed it. Also, the 2x moisturizing that you do daily, is it with the Neutregena leave-in?

I didn't mention a clarifying shampoo. If it says "clarifying" then it should work fine.

When I was following this regimen to help with breakage, I was moisturizing 2X daily with the Neutrogena leave-in.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
NessaNessa said:
When you say no heat, does that include sitting under a hooded dryer/ ionic hooded dryer? TIA :)

I think sitting under the dryer would be fine if you are rollersetting. But if you are combatting breakage, I don't think I'd recommend just sitting under the dryer with your hair loose.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Ok this thread is screamin my name! I have done everything so far to stop my hair from breaking lately and it aint working. I have been going to the gym now for 5-6 days sweatin through workouts and ellipticals for around 1 1/2 to 2 hrs a day. My hair is mad at me...lol.....it does not want to stay mmoisturized! So I'm gonna try me some H20 Mizani rose and see how that works. Anyone else in my exact boat...plus this summer Cali heat aint helpin!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
vikkisecret said:
Ok this thread is screamin my name! I have done everything so far to stop my hair from breaking lately and it aint working. I have been going to the gym now for 5-6 days sweatin through workouts and ellipticals for around 1 1/2 to 2 hrs a day. My hair is mad at me...lol.....it does not want to stay mmoisturized! So I'm gonna try me some H20 Mizani rose and see how that works. Anyone else in my exact boat...plus this summer Cali heat aint helpin!

I know it's a fight to keep your body sexy and your hair too! Since I only wash my hair 2X/week, if I have a real sweaty work out (and it seems I sweat in the head first, how convenient!) then I'll just spray a liquid leave-in through to "refresh" if that day isn't a wash day.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Supergirl said:
I know it's a fight to keep your body sexy and your hair too! Since I only wash my hair 2X/week, if I have a real sweaty work out (and it seems I sweat in the head first, how convenient!) then I'll just spray a liquid leave-in through to "refresh" if that day isn't a wash day.

Yea thats exactly right supergirl! My head first and enough for it to take a toll on my hair. I workout really hard and I wish my hair didn't have to suffer so much. The salt from the sweat, zaps all the moisture out of my strands. What liquid leave-in do you use to spray with after workouts?

Wishin4BSL

Supergirl said:
By the way, I am cutting this post up because I still live in the "dark ages" and have dial-up internet service. I often find myself getting knocked off the net by incoming calls. I'd be really annoyed if I were typing this long post and got knocked off before I could finish it.

Anyway, on to C--

Do you SEE the product I have in my signature. It's called Mizani Rose H20 Night Time Treatment. (in case someone is reading this in the future and the product is no longer in my siggy) I do not work for Mizani or anything like that, but I know that I have at least 3 threads about this product. This is my rescue product. This product is $18 well spent. I think I'm on my 3rd jar. I usually only pull it out in times of emergency, but sometimes I use it as preventative care. I don't even know what it is in the ingredients of this product that makes it stop breakage dead in its tracks, but it does it and does it well. I believe it may be ceramides or something like that. It smells good too. :) You're supposed to apply the product at night every 2nd or 3rd night. You should comb or brush (gently) through to ensure that it gets around to all the lovely strands. Then put your scarf or whatever on. When you wake up and comb through your hair after the VERY FIRST use, you will probably notice less hairs in your comb. But continue using the product for at least 2-3 weeks to create lasting results. I say this because your hair still needs time to get strong again--like you need to get strong after you've been sick. It takes time. The Mizani product is not a permanent fix until your hair gets strong again and it can help your hair to get strong again. Using it once or twice on hair that's really still kind of weak won't quite get you the results you desire. So continue using it and it will kind of act like a band-aid on your hair (keeping it from breaking) as it builds it back up and as the other parts of your regimen help build it up. I hope that makes sense.

Again, I recommend only using shampoo once a week (moisturizing shampoo) while trying this solution. Conditioner washes are fine, but not everyday. 2-3x/week just like before.

You can thank me later. I hope this helps. I know how frustrated I was after my last "bad visit" to the stylist. A combination of these things is what helped me to get my waist length (yay!--I can't believe I just typed that) :) hair back on track! Love ya :kiss:

The only reason that I purchased this product was because I saw it in your siggy! I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and my hair feels much softer and way more manageable. I meant to thank you for putting it in your siggy a while ago. I don't use the Rose brand because I couldn't find it in the local BSS but it's GREAT!!! Even after I shampooed and conditioned with my staple products, it still felt WONDERFUL, if not better! So thanks Supergirl! It is an awesome product!

peacelove

Supergirl said:
Solution A: Start with a clarifying shampoo. I mean a real clarifying shampoo, not a shampoo that you use as your clarifying shampoo. Actual clarifying shampoos have ingredients in them that will specifically remove build up from your hair. Your other shampoo may just be a stripping shampoo, but you could still have that build up. I usually don't know that I need to clarify until I'm trying to rinse a conditioner from my hair that usually detangles very well, but it won't detangle. OR--sometimes I know before that if I'm experiencing breakage.

After your clarifying session (lather 2X if you deem it necessary) rinse well and follow with a moisturizing shampoo. I do not recommend Cream of Nature shampoo as it will instantly add build up right back to your hair. After your moisturizing shampoo, continue on with one of your favorite quality moisturizing conditioners. Follow on with what you would normally do after applying a moisturizing conditioner. Air dry or rollerset. Heat is forbidden at this point. We are trying to make your hair better. When your hair is dry, moisturize it with an oil or other moisturizing product that you like. From this point on, everyday you need to moisturize your hair twice daily. No shampoo of any sort for 2 weeks--conditioner only. I do not recommend daily conditioner washes. 1-3/week. After 2 weeks, you may use a moisturizing shampoo if you are feeling that you really need shampoo after 2 weeks of no 'poo, BUT dilute your moisturizing shampoo with water. Hopefully, by this time--you have seen some improvement in your hair. If not, read on------->

I have not gotten through all of this thread, but what clarifying shampoos do you suggest?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
vikkisecret said:
Yea thats exactly right supergirl! My head first and enough for it to take a toll on my hair. I workout really hard and I wish my hair didn't have to suffer so much. The salt from the sweat, zaps all the moisture out of my strands. What liquid leave-in do you use to spray with after workouts?

Now you know I have a million. I have used Pantene Light Spray Detangler. You could also use the Pantene Relaxed & Natural Wrap/Set Lotion as it is the exact SAME product as the Light Spray Detangler, but has jojoba and coconut oils added.

I've also used Kenra Daily Provision for this.

Any spray/liquid leave-ins are worthy as long as they do not make your hair hard.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Wishin4BSL said:
The only reason that I purchased this product was because I saw it in your siggy! I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and my hair feels much softer and way more manageable. I meant to thank you for putting it in your siggy a while ago. I don't use the Rose brand because I couldn't find it in the local BSS but it's GREAT!!! Even after I shampooed and conditioned with my staple products, it still felt WONDERFUL, if not better! So thanks Supergirl! It is an awesome product!

:yay: In my best Nicole Richie voice: "Do ya love it?"
I'm so glad you took that $18 risk and tried it! I'm glad you found out that it's so worth it too. :yep: :up:

NessaNessa

Supergirl said:
I think sitting under the dryer would be fine if you are rollersetting. But if you are combatting breakage, I don't think I'd recommend just sitting under the dryer with your hair loose.
Thanks SupaGirl!!!! I'm going to purchase this tomorrow. I just found out my cousin work at JCPenny, so I'm gonna use her discount. I'll let you know what I think. Thanks!!!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Wow! Supergirl, Thanks.:kiss: This is a much need post for me. I really need to get back on track. I have been slipping for at least a year but I think I am now ready to move to the next level!