You need a MOISTURE-DRENCHED Pre-Poo?!!

AtlantaJJ

This is my one and only pre-poo! It's awesome. I'll be glad when it's warm again so I don't have to melt my coconut oil. :)

I spray the AVJ on, I don't want to waste the juice.

MicheePrings

This is my one and only pre-poo! It's awesome. I'll be glad when it's warm again so I don't have to melt my coconut oil. :)

I spray the AVJ on, I don't want to waste the juice.

Me too. I just spray it on and then layer the oil. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Jewell

I've been putting off buying a gallon of AVJ for a long time now...but this pre-poo sounds so good. I'll go ahead and pick some up. I got the newsletter about this long ago and saved it, but never tried it. Time to whip this recipe up.

Aggie

I have this one in my hair right now. I just took out some afro kinky twists I have had in for 8.5 weeks and my hair was not easy to detangle until I used this prepoo. My hair is ready for my henna treatment.

MrsMelodyV

I did this yesterday and it was awesome! Even after shampooing my hair was still well moisturized. I even put it to the test of blow drying in sections and flat ironing. Still a win! I will definitely be adding this prepoo to my regimen.

charmtreese

I do a very lazy version of this. I just apply aloe vera gel, lightly finger detangling and then spray a mixture of coconut oil, EVOO, and avocado oil over the AVG.

I love this prepoo!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I didn't know this technique had a name. After having my baby, I decided to be proactive and work on slowing down or preventing post partum shedding before it even started. I was researching natural remedies and came across an article on aloeverajuiceforhair.com talking about how it prevents hair loss and a whole butt load of other things. It pretty much gave the same technique of using it as she did:

"1. Preparation In a bowl, mix half a cup of aloe vera juice and 2 tbsp of another essential oil. You can use hemp seed, avocado, jojoba, grape seed, or olive oil. In a separate bowl, melt a quarter cup of coconut oil. Do not use microwave or stove to melt the oil, but you should only sit its container/jar/bottle in a hot water.

2. Applying the Mixture Before applying the formula, separate your hair into many sections. It is also important to rinse your hair cleanly first. Apply the mixture of aloe vera juice and essential oil to each section of your hair. It would be easier if you pin those hair sections, too. Please make sure that the mixture covers your hair all the way up from its root to the tip.

3. Applying the Coconut Oil Unpin a section of your hair, and then apply the coconut oil. Do not forget to pin it up again when you are done. Perform this step one hair section at a time until all sections are treated. This process may take times, but you must perform it for optimum results. Next, use a plastic shower cap on the head for 15 minutes to an hour."

I've been using aloe vera juice and coconut as a pre-poo for the last 8 weeks (4 washes to be exact as I wash every 2 weeks) I've had almost no shedding and my hair is darker and shinier. Here are pics of flexi rod sets from the beginning of when I started until now in the order of wash days. The results seem to come over time. (i did use a different setting product in the last pic but I still think the bulk of the shine is from AVJ)

Last edited:

julzinha

I tried this and as much as I love coconut oil and aloe Vera separately, together it was an abomination. Just coconut oil works very well for my hair as a prepoo and aloe Vera with my leave in is great.

traceedeebee

I tried the prepoo today. I honestly forgot what I put on my hair but when I went to rinse it out, I caught myself finger detangling with no conditioner. :toocool: I have to use a shampoo that gets the build up off of my scalp. Today was the first time my hair didn't start to tangle up. I didn't section it like I normally do but I won't try that again. You can only test the hair Gods once:lachen:. This prepoo is a keeper. I didn't use all of my mix so the rest is in the refrigerator. I didn't use coconut oil because in the past I didn't have a good experience with it. I did use an avocado, safflower, and argan oil mix.