You need a MOISTURE-DRENCHED Pre-Poo?!!

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

I rinsed my hair for like 2min before using my Swastik Shikakai poo bar. I ended up having to lather 3-4x because there was still so much 'moisture' left. :lick:

Waking up this morning, my hair still feels great!

is this the kimmay pre-poo????

maybe that's where kim read it

Last edited:

thecurlycamshow

Maybe this is a krazy question but why not put the coconut oil with the aloe vera+oil mix? Is the time lapse to allow the aloe vera to saturate longer?

Nasdaq_Diva

Maybe this is a krazy question but why not put the coconut oil with the aloe vera+oil mix? Is the time lapse to allow the aloe vera to saturate longer?

No, not a crazy question. i was wondering the same thing. I will say that when I went back to the first twist the time had allowed that aloe vera to soak into my hair strands. I'm going to ask Chicoro why she doens't mix them all together.

davisbr88

^^ Co-sign.
When I just did it, the mixture was sort of just sitting there but when I got back to it to add the oil, it had definitely soaked in.

ChristmasCarol

Just finished - love it!
I used grapeseed oil with the aloe vera juice.
I left the mixture on for at least an hour. I didn't shampoo, just co-washed.

I'll be using this once a week from now on:)

Nasdaq_Diva

Meh... didn't do anything for me. :(
How long you leave it in for? Which oil did you use?

Sorry it didn't work out for you. But, like she said it won't be perfection for everyone. Does your hair like aloe vera? This is my first time really using it on my hair.

davisbr88

How long you leave it in for? Which oil did you use?

I left it in a little over an hour and I used camellia seed oil. I love that oil, so I don't think that's what it was! I also like aloe vera in products but I've never used it sort of "straight-up." Maybe that's what it was?

Nasdaq_Diva

I left it in a little over an hour and I used camellia seed oil. I love that oil, so I don't think that's what it was! I also like aloe vera in products but I've never used it sort of "straight-up." Maybe that's what it was?

What did you cleanse your hair with afterwards?

Each time I lathered up my hair w/ my poo bar my hair felt better and better. I then did a quick co-wash and then added my leave in (kimmay). I noticed while applying my leave in that I didn't get quite all the pre-poo out of my hair either. So, that may have something do with how awesome it all feels too. :lick:

davisbr88

What did you cleanse your hair with afterwards?

Each time I lathered up my hair w/ my poo bar my hair felt better and better. I then did a quick co-wash and then added my leave in (kimmay). I noticed while applying my leave in that I didn't get quite all the pre-poo out of my hair either. So, that may have something do with how awesome it all feels too. :lick:

Washed with donna marie superlatherlicious and conditioned with skala aloe vera conditioner. When I was rinsing it in the first place, my hair didn't feel all that great. I don't know why it didn't work. :(
I guess my hair doesn't like aloe vera juice straight up.

Nasdaq_Diva

Washed with donna marie superlatherlicious and conditioned with skala aloe vera conditioner. When I was rinsing it in the first place, my hair didn't feel all that great. I don't know why it didn't work. :(
I guess my hair doesn't like aloe vera juice straight up.

Yeah ur hair sucks :grin:

(of course I'm joking. I hope you find something that gives you super awesome results since this didn't make the cut for you)

davisbr88

Yeah ur hair sucks :grin:

(of course I'm joking. I hope you find something that gives you super awesome results since this didn't make the cut for you)

:lachen:
I literally laughed out loud at that!
And yeah, I'm happy it's working for some ladies.
Hey, I already had the ingredients and my avj was collecting dust anyway, so it didn't hurt to try.
Thanks for sharing! I hope it works on someone who has less sucky hair! :grin:

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
Thanks for the info I get her Newsletter but I don't remember this one.. I have all the ingredients already in my house.. I got a big jug of Aloe Vera Juice from Sams club.. I think I will also order her book.. I really been wanting to read her book also..

ooh are you serious?! i'm gonna give my boss some money and tell him next time he make a trip to Sam's to get me some juice. :look: i'm serious too.

i love all of chicoro's tips. i want to try this one cuz i am going back to shampooing every wash. my po scalp is screaming out for it. ♥

Nasdaq_Diva

@thecurlycamshow,

I asked her and this is her response:

I mix aloe vera, oil and glycerin together. I use about 1 cup of aloe vera and 1/8 cup of oil and 1/8 cup of glycerine. This is what I consider basically my water based product. (I don't use olive oil too much anymore. I prefer sunflower, a...vocado, walnut or safflower. )

If I am doing a pretreatment, I put this on dirty hair. Then I let that soak in for about 5-20 minutes. Next, I place my liquid coconut oil on my hair.

When I mix these particular ingredients all together, then I usually get greasy hair. This way, it optimizes the moisture I receive on my hair. The aloe mix provides the moisture and then the coconut oil by itself provides lubrication without leaving my hair greasy and hard.

For protecting my hair, after I wash, I use the same aloe vera mix. That is the moisture as aloe is water based. Then, I put either unpetroleum jelly on top of that or petroleum jelly.

This is what I prefer. Do an experiment. Mix aloe vera, a bit of oil, glycerine and lots of melted coconut oil and put it on dry hair.

Then go to another section. Do it the way I suggested in layers. If your hair feels the same and see what results you get. For me, doing an aloe mix FIRST, then putting on coconut oil gives my hair a better result. It is not the only way to do things, though.

Aggie

I am subbed to her newsletters as well but I have not yet tried this recipe. I may give it a whirl, next wash. I already have all the ingredients.

Barbara

Princess
I have all these ingredients. This will be a good way to get rid of them. I'm deep conditioning my hair now. I guess I'll try this experiment during my next wash.

Last edited:

KaramelDiva1978

Sounds perfect! My hair loves the Kimmaytube leave-in and this pre-poo sounds luscious. I'm deep conditioning now, wish I had seen then 30 minutes earlier. I just signed up for her email newsletter. Thanks for sharing!

Janet'

Ok...just got around to washing my hair today...The concoction is on my head as we speak!

ETA: My hair came out so moisturized that I didn't have to deep condition after my wash!!!!! Thanks Nasdaq Diva!!!!

Last edited:

winona

I got this prepoo on right now. Next time I am going to use spray bottle of aloe vera step and color app bottle for coconut oil step. i believe this will make it a alot less messy:) Off to cook some collards. Happy Thanksgiving ladies

make_me_over

I tried this pre poo on my hair tuesday night. I fell asleep so this concoction stayed in my hair all night. I jumped in the shower to wash my hair the next day. It wasn't until I started rinsing it out that I realized how wonderfully moist & soft my hair was. I was really surprised because my hair had been in twist for a month and it was super dry the day before. I was in such disbelief that I got out of the shower, squeegeed the bathroom mirror, to take closer look. I had to see it with my own eyes. This one is definitely a keeper for me. The best thing is that these are items that I always have in the house so I can do this pre poo any time or ALL the time.

SN: My added oil was avocado...

ChristmasCarol

I got this prepoo on right now. Next time I am going to use spray bottle of aloe vera step and color app bottle for coconut oil step. i believe this will make it a alot less messy:) Off to cook some collards. Happy Thanksgiving ladies

Good idea - I'll do it this way next time, too :yep: