You need a MOISTURE-DRENCHED Pre-Poo?!!

LadyMacgyver

I finally tried it.. I didn't shampoo because at the time I couldn't find any in the house. I co-washed and my hair still turned out good. In her news letter she also suggest what to do with your shampoo if it has SLS in them to still give your hair that moisture rich feeling.. I think she has 4 steps to moisture drench hair.. After I rinse my hair out I could tell how soft it felt. I co-wash and added oil to my conditioner and my hair felt extra soft. I then DC with Steam and I am using the banding method to dry my hair and my hair never felt this soft and moisturized. I used a leave in with aloe vera, rosemary oil, castor oil and I forgot my glycerine I sprayed that on b4 I used the banding method.

brownbean96

Tried it this weekend and it was a total hit. Melted my kinks that were the result of a week old rodset, like butter. Thanks again OP. I plan on subbing to her newsletter to find the rest of the steps to moisturized hair.

Adonia1987

So..I tried this today. I didn't use it as a prepoo. I used it after I shampooed. I used 1/2 cup of AVJ, 1 tbsp of grapeseed Oil, and 1 tbsp of glycerin. I kept it for about 3 hours and co-washed with WEN.
My hair feels amazing!
My hair has been feeling a litTle dry since I took a sew in out about 2 months ago. After this treatment, my hair is back sooo soft!
I used KBB hair milk and sealed with Curls oil. Now my hair is air drying in twists. Thanks Nasdaq_Diva for posting this. I also love Chicoro and for some reason knew that this would work on my hair! AMAZING!
________
MARIJUANA VAPORIZERS

Last edited:

Nasdaq_Diva

I'm going to try this on my daughter (4b) and myself (4a) this weekend!:grin:
Can't wait to hear you twos results.

I just put some WGO and AVJ in my spray bottle. Gonna apply this pre-poo right now. :lick:

eta: for future reference, I'm going to make sure my EVCO is melted. I applied it in solid form (melted in hands first) to my hair. I didn't feel the 'melt like buttah' like I had the first time I used it. It still felt good..but not like WOW! Oh well, still have a little more time left before I wash this out.

Last edited:

lovelexi

I tried it...it was ok. Then again I did a protein treatment so my hair wasnt going to be as soft as usual. I'm making this a staple in my regimen so I'll come back with more updates.

naturalmanenyc

I have this prepoo on right now, since 5:15 pm. It made detangling my 2 weeks old braids a breeze. If this works out like I hope, I will add this to my regimen using a spray bottle for the aloe/oil mix and a different bottle for the coconut oil.

I used whole leaf aloe vera juice and jojoba oil and then coconut oil, eyeballed it all.

I got this prepoo on right now. Next time I am going to use spray bottle of aloe vera step and color app bottle for coconut oil step. i believe this will make it a alot less messy:) Off to cook some collards. Happy Thanksgiving ladies

Last edited:

Nasdaq_Diva

What kind of oil are you all using w/the aloe vera juice? Anyone using castor oil?
Today is my 2nd time doing this treatment. Both times I've used WGO (wheat germ oil) along with the aloe vera juice.

I think castor could work. Does your hair respond well to it?

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I am going to try this as a DC, my hair really likes aloevera juice or gel. I am probably going to use hemp seed oil and avocado oil in the place of coconut oil because it is a great smoother and softner.

I will post back when I do.

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

Last edited:

Nasdaq_Diva

Loved this!!! My hair was more moisturized than I've ever felt. In fact, after sitting under the dryer in 10 flexirods for 40 minutes, my hair was not dry. I had only rollerset the ends of my braid and curl style. I had to sit for 30 additional minutes. I am not sure what this prepoo did but my hair usually takes on 35 minutes to dry.

Braid and Curl - second attempt album | RegsWife | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

:yep: I told you! I've been natural 7yrs and my hair has NEVA felt like this! Glad it worked out for you.

Nasdaq_Diva

I tried it...it was ok. Then again I did a protein treatment so my hair wasnt going to be as soft as usual. I'm making this a staple in my regimen so I'll come back with more updates.

Sorry it didn't work as well as you'd hope. Maybe next time check it out without doing a protein treatment. Its very moisturizing.

winona

is this chicocro??? if so she is a member in here:yep:. She's got the nice hair I ever seen. She made me realize how incredibly beautiful our hair can be if well taken care of.

Yep this is Chicoro:grin: She is the absolute sweetest person:) Very beautiful inside and out

TeeWhyAre

is this chicocro??? if so she is a member in here:yep:. She's got the nice hair I ever seen. She made me realize how incredibly beautiful our hair can be if well taken care of.

Chicoro is such a wonderful woman. She's the entire reason I decided to stop lurking and decided to pay the subscription fee. She made me believe my hair could grow longer than I'd ever imaged or previously thought possible. Because of her, I decided on the baggy method as my retention strategy. I baggied my hair every day in a bun for over a year.

For those that have never seen her hair, here's her fotki: Hair Care | Chicoro | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I tried this last night and it was AMAZING-
I actually slept in it and washed this morning.

Thanks for sharing!

SimJam

I also tried and my hair loved it. used Wheat germ oil

also I applied the aloevera and wheat germ oil with a spray bottle b/c the oil kept settling to the top and my hair isnt long enough to "dunk" into the mixture

only thing is that my hair was a bit too oily after, I only cowashed after so that may have been the problem

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
bumping..........

Ladies, did you find your aloe/oil mix to be very messy and running all of the place or did I apply to much of it?

I have the mixture on my hair and my hair doesn't feel soft yet. It's only been about 10 minutes since I've had it on but just curious to know what to expect that magical moment. At what point did you have noticeably soft hair? with the pre-poo on, while shampooing or after shampooing.

Nasdaq_Diva

bumping..........

Ladies, did you find your aloe/oil mix to be very messy and running all of the place or did I apply to much of it?

I have the mixture on my hair and my hair doesn't feel soft yet. It's only been about 10 minutes since I've had it on but just curious to know what to expect that magical moment. At what point did you have noticeably soft hair? with the pre-poo on, while shampooing or after shampooing.

Yes, the aloe/oil mix is runny. I applied in sections. Once I did the entire head in aloe/oil mix, I came back to 1st section an applied the evco. By that time, the aloe/oil had soaked in. Felt really good.

Afterwards I cover my head in plastic cap for 1hr. When I used my poo bar, I had to lather like 3x to get the bulk of the oily mix out of my hair, but it felt amazing

jamaica68

I am doing this again today and mixing avj w/ wheat germ oil; about to melt my coconut oil now, I can't wait.

@ divachyk, yes its very runny and I felt a difference after I shampooed.

ladysaraii

I used it and I liked it. It wasn't as greasy on my skin, but it did run down the sides of my face a bit.

Overall, I really liked it and I'll continue using it from now on.