You need a MOISTURE-DRENCHED Pre-Poo?!!

Iluvsmuhgrass

All I can say is....

"This heah is money right chere!!!" :lachen:

When I tell you that the fro is so happy it's doing a little dance, I'm not even joking. This is DEFINITELY a keeper.

shae101s

So I just had to come back and say..I tried this with castor oil and the aloe vera juice...and my my! My hair LOVED it! It was drenched alright..drenched in some serious moisture. My hair felt soft and looked awesome!
Afterwards I just did a non-sulfate shampoo (because castor oil on my hair tends to be a bit much)..then did a 5 minute boost with a conditioner. My hair felt fabulous!!

virtuenow

Well I'm excited about this mix and will be incorporating it into my regimen. I did it with the castor oil and it felt very moisturizing. I just bought some squeeze bottles (color applicator) and funnels to apply it more eaisily since I will be doing on a regular. This may be the missing step I need in my moisture "rich" pursuit (thanks op!).

dlove

Yes, the aloe/oil mix is runny. I applied in sections. Once I did the entire head in aloe/oil mix, I came back to 1st section an applied the evco. By that time, the aloe/oil had soaked in. Felt really good.

Afterwards I cover my head in plastic cap for 1hr. When I used my poo bar, I had to lather like 3x to get the bulk of the oily mix out of my hair, but it felt amazing

Thanks for this...Did you use glycerin?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Yes, the aloe/oil mix is runny. I applied in sections. Once I did the entire head in aloe/oil mix, I came back to 1st section an applied the evco. By that time, the aloe/oil had soaked in. Felt really good.

Afterwards I cover my head in plastic cap for 1hr. When I used my poo bar, I had to lather like 3x to get the bulk of the oily mix out of my hair, but it felt amazing
When I shampooed (V05 MM), my hair still felt soft but in hindsight, I think it felt super soft because I still had some aloe/oil mixture in my hair. I DC with AOWC and 1tbsp of hempseed, evoo, avocado oil and Roux PC. My hair was luscioiusly soft after I rinsed. Leave ins- KCKT and sealed with avacado oil.

Fast forward 24 hours: My is oily. Perhaps not rinsing out all of the aloe/oil mixture, coupled with the oil in my DC, then moisturizing and sealing with more oil just made for a greasy head. Don't get me wrong, my hair feels good....I think I just need to ensure I remove more of the aloe/oil mix before DC.

mstk

I tried it with hemp seed oil and aloe vera gel (I didn't have any juice). I think the recipe might be too much for my SL-APL hair. My hair feels like I deep conditioned (but I didn't). If I try it again (probably), I'll try making 1/2 of the recipe.

Nasdaq_Diva

Thanks for this...Did you use glycerin?
No, I don't have any. I may try to add some of that in the summer though.

When I shampooed (V05 MM), my hair still felt soft but in hindsight, I think it felt super soft because I still had some aloe/oil mixture in my hair. I DC with AOWC and 1tbsp of hempseed, evoo, avocado oil and Roux PC. My hair was luscioiusly soft after I rinsed. Leave ins- KCKT and sealed with avacado oil.

Fast forward 24 hours: My is oily. Perhaps not rinsing out all of the aloe/oil mixture, coupled with the oil in my DC, then moisturizing and sealing with more oil just made for a greasy head. Don't get me wrong, my hair feels good....I think I just need to ensure I remove more of the aloe/oil mix before DC.
The first time I did it, I left a little too much aloe/oil in my hair too. That's why I had to go back and do that 3rd lather. I had already t-shirt dried my hair after the 2nd later, I squeezed my hair under the tshirt and it was oil run-off on the shirt. :sad:

So, once I did the 3rd poo I was feeling mighty fine!

The more moisture the better!
:lick:
You aint' nevah lied :lol:

I tried it with hemp seed oil and aloe vera gel (I didn't have any juice). I think the recipe might be too much for my SL-APL hair. My hair feels like I deep conditioned (but I didn't). If I try it again (probably), I'll try making 1/2 of the recipe.
I had like a few extra tablespoons left-over on the aloe/oil mix. I just poured it over my head and massaged it into my scalp. I don't like to waste anything!

thecurlycamshow

I love this :clapping: My hair was sooooo moisturized. I poured the aloe and olive oil mix in an applicator bottle to prevent spills. I applied the coconut oil let set for 60 minutes and followed my normal reggie. My twists have neva felt betta :lol:

lwilliams1922

What kind of aloe is everyone using?

I have some lilly of the valley in my fridge. It's been in there taking up space for a while now as when I got it, it was NOT love at first site.

Perhaps It was user error but I hate throwing things out, so I think I will look into this next wash day.

KaramelDiva1978

Today is shampoo day, so I'm about to try this now. My hair is long enough for detangling and pooing in sections, I can't believe. I'll be back to post my results. Somehow, I think my hair is going to love this!!

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
I used this on my 3 yr old and WOW!!!! Her hair has never felt this good! I used a spray bottle with Amla oil mixed with the AVJ, then coated in coconut oil. Let it on 30 mins, then pooed, and DC'd. It was tangle free and felt like butter! She is a dry 4B.

Honi

There is no board.
I used this on my 3 yr old and WOW!!!! Her hair has never felt this good! I used a spray bottle with Amla oil mixed with the AVJ, then coated in coconut oil. Let it on 30 mins, then pooed, and DC'd. It was tangle free and felt like butter! She is a dry 4B.

THANKS! I will definitely try this next weekend. Did you do this in braids or in sections. My daughters hair is tighter in the back than in front. I can't undo her entire head without a disaster waiting for me after pooing and conditioning. I was thinking of trying this and then banding it to keep it from recoiling and tangling on itself.

winona

I tried this again today except this time I am used a spray bottle. I love that it was less mess. I will update with results after I poo:)

UPDATE: Hair felt great but I have more breakage this session than I am use to but I wont count this prepoo out. Next week I will try my old faithful Neem Prepoo and will revisit Chicoro's Prepoo at a later time:)

Last edited:

Forever in Bloom

I did this yesterday and loved it!! I used a cup of aloe vera gel :look: (didn't have any juice) and two tablespoons each of castor oil and jojoba oil. Then I used Barlean's coconut oil (1/2 cup) afterwards. I won't double the ingredients next time because I only had to use 2/3 of it.

virtuenow

I wonder why she said no microwave to melt the coconut oil?

Yeah, I wondered the same thing. Either way you're getting warm coconut oil- so I don't see the difference (unless u loose effective properties-- & no one said that). I ignored that and used the microwave anyway and everything turned out fine.

Last edited:

Nasdaq_Diva

I wonder why she said no microwave to melt the coconut oil?
I don't use microwaves to heat my oils because I feel they destroy properties. Though, there is debate online that says microwaves don't make food (in this case oils) less effective of their properties.

@ Nasdaq,
Is it ok to leave the treatment overnight?
This last session I left it on overnight. I didn't use but half the prepoo recipe. I didn't want to go into moisture overload.

lwilliams1922

I tried this yesterday, as I had done a henna this weekend and my hair was extra dry.

I have to say that it soften and moisturized my hair very well. I was not prepared for the messy dripping, but I think I will keep this as a regular for after henna and maybe every two weeks.

I used grapeseed oil with the lily of the valley Aloe but next time will try sunflower oil. My hair hates poo so I used Wen afterwards.

I'm also thrilled to find a use for the Aloe since it was an epic fail as a leave in.

g.lo

i tried this yesterday and it's soooooooooo moisturizing!!
i have used WGO and Hempseed oil with the aloe. beautiful, both my daughter and my hair were soft, and not tangled!
thanks Chicoro!

.:Eden:.

Did anyone's mixture of wheat germ oil and aloe vera juice get frothy and thick? I shook it every time to keep it from separating too much as i sprayed it on my hair. I noticed it was getting frothy...weird.

Last edited:

Nasdaq_Diva

Did anyone's mixture of wheat germ oil and aloe vera juice get frothy and thick? I shook it every time to keep it from separating too much as i sprayed it on my hair. I noticed it was getting frothy...weird.

Yes, it emulsified in mine too. I prefer it that way..no worries about dripping all over the place. Plus I never had to feel like certain sections weren't getting enough (or even any) WGO because they weren't fully combined.

My first time doing this pre poo, I applied it, dipping my hair in the bowl. So, I know certain areas got more juice vs. wgo. I prefer it in the spray bottle, but I find myself not being heavy handed enough when it's in the spray bottle..go figure. :lick:

simplyhair

To prevent oily and greasy hair, apply shampoo directly on TOP of the aloe/oil mixture instead of rinsing the mixture out with water first. It's harder to get the oil out of our hair once water has been applied.

Once you apply the shampoo (sulfate or sulfate free) on top of the oil, massage it around, then rinse your hair. Those who are OK with rinsing with water first and had success, continue doing it that way. :yep:

I found this tip online...I think on here...on the proper way to do a hot oil treatment. I know this pre-poo method is not necessarily a hot oil treatment, but it does incorporate a lot of oil.

I'll try to find the tip or link and list it here.

I will be trying the aloe oil mix hopefully today.

Last edited: