You need a MOISTURE-DRENCHED Pre-Poo?!!

Aggie

Okay this pre-poo is the bomb of all bombs. I :love: it! I just used it before pooing and deep conditioning my hair and my hair is super super super soft. It was soft throughout the entire process too, even after washing out my black tea rinse and protein treatment. Now I have another great reason to never be without my AVG, EVOO, and EVCO.

Bumping for the newbies:grin:.

Curlykale

Great stuff indeed!
Bumping again because this is the only thing that saved me from a horrible protein overload in 2011. I was about to chop everything. Then one day I tried this and OMG. IT brought my hair back to life. I swear that no natural deep conditioners or overnight treatments or bottles of argan worked, and this did. I have been using it since then and it a;ways works, I am now convinced that it's the best deep treatment.

abcd09

Great stuff indeed!
Bumping again because this is the only thing that saved me from a horrible protein overload in 2011. I was about to chop everything. Then one day I tried this and OMG. IT brought my hair back to life. I swear that no natural deep conditioners or overnight treatments or bottles of argan worked, and this did. I have been using it since then and it a;ways works, I am now convinced that it's the best deep treatment.
@Curlykale hi, I was curious as to how your hair behaved when you had protein overload, and what differences you noticed after using this mix?

I'm using it right now and I don't notice anything off the bat

UPDATE: I did not notice any amazing moisture right off the bat sadly. It didn't feel any softer when I put it on/rinsed it off. But I did notice that my hair was 100% easier to detangle compared to my last 4 month stretch. NO TANGLES AT ALL! Woohoo! Still lost a quarter sized amount of hair, but it could be (and probably is, I didn't check) shed hair.

Last edited:

Curlykale

@Curlykale hi, I was curious as to how your hair behaved when you had protein overload, and what differences you noticed after using this mix?

I'm using it right now and I don't notice anything off the bat

UPDATE: I did not notice any amazing moisture right off the bat sadly. It didn't feel any softer when I put it on/rinsed it off. But I did notice that my hair was 100% easier to detangle compared to my last 4 month stretch. NO TANGLES AT ALL! Woohoo! Still lost a quarter sized amount of hair, but it could be (and probably is, I didn't check) shed hair.

When I had a protein overload my hair, despite being kept in 10 braids with tons of conditioner and argan oil, wanted to madly dread upon itself (I had to cut some knots), it was like it wanted to be a giant dreadlock no matter what I did: it was like velcro, same consistency and behaviour (it didn't absorb anything at all).

Since I was in despair, I did use a big amount of both aloe juice (not gel) and then coconut oil on top, starting from dry hair, and I went to sleep with a plastic cap. What happened was that my hair absorbed it. I had tried high end deep conditioners and oils and slept with overnight deep conditioning for 15 days prior to that. It started feeling more like hair and reacting: it was softer, it didn't dread upon itself anymore and it drank the aloe and oil. So I kept moisturizing with aloe and oil and bunning for days and I recovered 100%. I also noticed that it worked faster with heat. The fact that aloe + juice detangle probably helped as well, but I could feel the moisture: not mushy moisture but progressive "elastic" moisture and less breakage.

Last edited:

Aggie

When I had a protein overload my hair, despite being kept in 10 braids with tons of conditioner and argan oil, wanted to madly dread upon itself (I had to cut some knots), it was like it wanted to be a giant dreadlock no matter what I did: it was like velcro, same consistency and behaviour (it didn't absorb anything at all).

Since I was in despair, I did use a big amount of both aloe juice (not gel) and then coconut oil on top, starting from dry hair, and I went to sleep with a plastic cap. What happened was that my hair absorbed it. I had tried high end deep conditioners and oils and slept with overnight deep conditioning for 15 days prior to that. It started feeling more like hair and reacting: it was softer, it didn't dread upon itself anymore and it drank the aloe and oil. So I kept moisturizing with aloe and oil and bunning for days and I recovered 100%. I also noticed that it worked faster with heat. The fact that aloe + juice detangle probably helped as well, but I could feel the moisture: not mushy moisture but progressive "elastic" moisture and less breakage.

Now this was a great review. The bolded I noticed as well. The heat just seemed to have made the aloe/oil mix work faster and better imo:lick:. I also kept it in for about 3 hours before I washed it out. I think it would make an awesome overnight pre-poo as well if I want to save time the following day:yep:.

Misseyl

Who's the one who said "Necessity is the mother of invention." Since almost everyone who tried this product has a positive experience maybe someone might try shopping this to the producers of Carol Daughter's products. I am in braids now but I intend to try this when I get a chance.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Who's the one who said "Necessity is the mother of invention." Since almost everyone who tried this product has a positive experience maybe someone might try shopping this to the producers of Carol Daughter's products. I am in braids now but I intend to try this when I get a chance.

Why would anyone buy this from CD when they can make it themselves? I'm positive that CD would sell it at inflated prices while using subpar ingredients like corn oil. :perplexed

Aggie

Why would anyone buy this from CD when they can make it themselves? I'm positive that CD would sell it at inflated prices while using subpar ingredients like corn oil. :perplexed

:lachen:@ "subpar ingredients like corn oil." So so true though. I know for sure I would not be buying this from anyone when I gots da recipe right here and can custom make it to suit my own hair needs:yep:.

Last edited:

abcd09

Curlykale thanks! This actually happened to me too in 2010 although it feels like it was yesterday! I didn't even try aloe. I tried conditioner, braid takedown lotion, oils, hair still dredded up repeatedly and I lost so much hair from detangling that went on for 2+ weeks. I wish I had tried aloe juice!

Curlykale

Now this was a great review. The bolded I noticed as well. The heat just seemed to have made the aloe/oil mix work faster and better imo:lick:. I also kept it in for about 3 hours before I washed it out. I think it would make an awesome overnight pre-poo as well if I want to save time the following day:yep:.

I'm the laziest person when it comes to hair, why haven't I thought about this? :sekret:

@Curlykale thanks! This actually happened to me too in 2010 although it feels like it was yesterday! I didn't even try aloe. I tried conditioner, braid takedown lotion, oils, hair still dredded up repeatedly and I lost so much hair from detangling that went on for 2+ weeks. I wish I had tried aloe juice!

Not the most pleasant experience right :bricks: Oh no, sorry that it happened to you too. It definitely was a random lucky try. I find that aloe juice is enough to keep my hair not mushy now (maybe because it has aminoacids). Or Aubrey GPB (rarely).

lushcoils

Trying this right now. I will report back in an hour!

ETA: So far so good. A little greasy, but soft though. I will see how my hair feels in the morning and after my poo/protein treatment.

Last edited:

Geminigirl

I am going to try this. I was a little skeptical at first because I think my hair has protein overload right now and this has aloe juice and coconut oil in it, but I will try this since others have mentioned it helped their protein overload. I am excited!

Geminigirl

Ok wish me luck. i am about to try this. My hair is so damaged I can't believe it. I have a bald spot in the front now. It's small but my hair is shedding and breaking non stop so I hope this does the trick. For some reason where my bald spot appeared my scalp is kind of burning. I am not sure if the henna caused this or what. I am not sure how old that henna was or if it was expired. either way my hair is kinda falling out and there is already noticeable patches popping up in the front. I hope this gives my hair whatever it is trying to tell me it needs. Here goes nothing.....

Geminigirl

Ok I have it on now. My hair is so messed up it doesn't take moisture well anymore. I am contemplating let this sit all night not sure because my scalp still has a burning sensation. I really hope this helps. next stop is a garlic treatment. I got some capsules I'll whip something up.

JudithO

I'm trying to keep my reggie super simple... Wash, condition, DC.

Does this prepoo make that much of a difference to the hair? Wondering if its worth it to add it to my reggie....

GIJane

I overnight pre-poo with this. I use aloe vera juice and castor oil. Then I put brahmi oil (brahmi and coconut oil) over. Put a baggy on and leave it overnight. My hair is in braids but my hair is super moist afterwards. :lick: I am going to use the ingredients when I steam my hair. I have low-porosity hair so I am trying to double up on the moisture. Got to get it in when I can fit it in. :yep:

Aggie

Does this prepoo make that much of a difference to the hair? Wondering if its worth it to add it to my reggie....

Hmmm:scratchch, let see! This matters so much to me that I just placed on order for 2 more litre sized bottles of AVG, 1 litre of evco, and a litre of evoo JUST for this prepoo - nothing else.

My texlaxed hair is not easy to deal with and this prepoo has been awesome at detangling it so well that I don't even have to struggle with detangling anymore even after clarifying my hair. It literally melts all my tangles.

Does that answer your question satisfactorily judy4all?

virtuenow

Yes, it makes a difference in your moisture levels and moisture retention. I can go days w/o remoisturizing. It is also a simple step. You can put it on in a few minutes and be done. It has helped me eliminate the extra steps of condition, condition but that would take a while to explain. Anyway, alot of ladies have eliminated steps b/c of this (hopefully u can skim the thread to see).

JudithO

Aggie virtuenow

Thanks ladies.. I bought the ingredients tonight. I mixed up the aloe, glycerin and favorite oils and I just used it to moisturize my hair... Hopefully it works well(will find out after it dries) and I'll use it instead of my water/oil as my misturizer. I guess I can do the same the night before I wash, and top that with coconut oil for the complete prepoo. I'll keep y'all posted on how it works.

JudithO

virtuenow Last question I promise... lol... Are you able to use it in the winter... I thought glycerin is supposed to be bad for the winter? BTW my hair feels good y'al

virtuenow

judy4all this recipe does not call for glycerin. I'm not sure why you are including it. My hair hates glycerin all year round. I would not use it for this pre-poo