You need a MOISTURE-DRENCHED Pre-Poo?!!

JudithO

Nevermind... I was looking at the post where someone reached out to Chicoro, and she said her recipe included glycerin... ill remove the glycerin then...

Cendra

If you're still dubious about this method or have been lazy to try it: TRY IT. I did this morning and my hair was sooooo moist, it was crazy. If your hair is thirsty, give it a try!

Thanks for posting, OP :)

amwcah

I did this this morning on my hair and it really worked well. I will repeat again this weekend.

mamaore

I have tried this recipe twice before, but still on teh fence about it.

I'm going to try it again tomorrow morning. I should have a verdict then

BeautifulRoots

LOVED this recipe! My hair feels amazing! Try it if you haven't already. Hair is super moist and supple...way more than it normally is after a shampoo. I can't keep my hands out of my hair today...just can't believe how amazingly supple and moist it is.

Last edited:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i tried chicoro's moisture drenched prepoo for the first time today. omg! love it.

1/2 cup aloe gel
2 tbsp fav oil (i used hot six oil)
mix and apply to hair in sections.

1/2 cup coconut oil (i used olive oil as i just discovered my hair hates coconut oil)
warm this in a bowl and dip the sections of hair to seal in the moisture.

cover with plastic and let sit 15-60 minutes.

i left it on for an hour. i applied my cream cleanser on the hair before i rinsed it and then proceeded to shower and bun as usual.

my hair was moist, but not overly so. it didn't provide as much slip as i anticipated, but detangling was fairly pain free. i'm 37 weeks post, so i got rootage. LOL

my hair is shiny and smooth as a baby's bottom. i suggest doing this on a day when you are wearing your hair up because it will be a little coated unless you use a shampoo. i use hairveda amla cream cleanser and it is not a deep cleanser.

i just read lorraine massey curl girl handbook and she suggests a lemon rinse after using an oily deep conditioner. since i usually use an acv rinse, i just followed my routine as usual. my final rinse was with acv, which cut some of the residue, but not all.

i don't mind a little residue. i used this to substitute instead of leave in.

the first is my hair yesterday.

the second pic is my hair today after chicoro's prepoo.

Attachments

• photo(45).jpg
    photo(45).jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 135
  • photo(46).jpg
    photo(46).jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 137

faithVA

I want to try this again next week, but as my oil I want to use one of my castor oil blends and massage it into my scalp well. That will allow me to treat my scalp and prepoo at the same time. I may use my AVG instead of AVJ so I can use it up.

TrueSugar

I am trying this today. I used AVJ and grapeseed oil as my mix. I sealed with a mixture of coconut/olive oil that I already had mixed. I could see a different in my hair with just the AVJ/oil mix. I am under a heat cap now. I will come back in an hour.

TrueSugar

My hair looks and feels great, by hair has always been soft, but its moist. You can see the different. I love it. I will try to do this every four days and see the results that I get.

faithVA

[USER=48973 said:
HeChangedMyName[/USER];16764143]I know this is an old thread, but can you leave this pre-poo on?

What are you using for a prepoo?

And what do you mean left-on? For a few hours or for days?

Most of the things people prepoo with can be left on the hair without an issue (olive oil, AVG, oils, etc). But prepoos are usually very messy. Some do it for a few hours. Some prepoo over night.

As with anything on LHCF, there are multiple ways.

What are you looking to do?

HeChangedMyName

What are you using for a prepoo?

And what do you mean left-on? For a few hours or for days?

Most of the things people prepoo with can be left on the hair without an issue (olive oil, AVG, oils, etc). But prepoos are usually very messy. Some do it for a few hours. Some prepoo over night.

As with anything on LHCF, there are multiple ways.

What are you looking to do?

I am talking about the topic recipe of this thread. its listed in the first comment. It looks like it would be fine to leave in, I've never tried it though and was wondering.

faithVA

[USER=48973 said:
HeChangedMyName[/USER];16765975]I am talking about the topic recipe of this thread. its listed in the first comment. It looks like it would be fine to leave in, I've never tried it though and was wondering.

If you wanted to leave it in you would probably need to adapt it. Your hair is going to be greasy and slick with that recipe. But yes if you adapt it you could leave it in. There are ladies that style with AVG and oil.

But the recipe the way it is will leave your hair saturated with oil and AVG which you would only want to do before you shampoo.

HeChangedMyName

If you wanted to leave it in you would probably need to adapt it. Your hair is going to be greasy and slick with that recipe. But yes if you adapt it you could leave it in. There are ladies that style with AVG and oil.

But the recipe the way it is will leave your hair saturated with oil and AVG which you would only want to do before you shampoo.

Thanks, this info is useful. I have ZERO experience with pre-pooing my hair.

virtuenow

@HeChangedMyName I'm glad you came here! Once I found this recipe, it became the basis of all my leave ins. I do leave in a modified version; and even created a hair spritz based on this recipe. It gave life to my routine (and my hair). The main thing you can do differently is use a very light layer of creamy leave in on top, and then seal the ends w/coconut oil. ETA: try it out, see how it feels, see how it absorbs into the hair and how moist it becomes and make modifications from there.

naturalgyrl5199

I am going to try this. I am tweaking my regimen now and looking for a good pre-poo. I figure Chicoro's method is a good place to start....

AtlantaJJ

I do the lazy girl method for this. I spray my hair with AVJ then I rub the melted coconut oil over the sprayed hair and then I twist it up. I think I'll start adding EVOO to my oil mixture. It is the best pre-poo in my opinion!

SunySydeofLyfe

I used a spray bottle with wgo and avj much easier than trying to dip my hair. The co was Everywhere. I decided to dc under the dryer for 15 minutes and then wait an hour before i rinse and poo.

strawbewie

SunySydeofLyfe said:
I used a spray bottle with wgo and avj much easier than trying to dip my hair. The co was Everywhere. I decided to dc under the dryer for 15 minutes and then wait an hour before i rinse and poo.

This is what I do except with a plastic cap... I need a dryer

naturalgyrl5199

I forgot to update! Last night I did the pre-poo and it worked very well.

The biggest difference when following the steps is the lack of tangles! I am kinda denman-addicted when it comes to detangling so I did a little more finger detangling but still majority used my denman and OMG very little hair was in my denman when detangling! I usually have balls and balls of hair and this time I didn't and I am soooo happy. I did twists in my hair and stretched using a little heat--tension method. I decided to spray the AVJ mix rather than dip into a bowl then I just spread the melted coconut oil on each wet section with my hands. I then used the AVJ mix to spray on as a general leave in after I twisted my hair, then covered with a little cantu, then sealed each twist with a grapeseed/castor/sweet almond oil mix.

I plan to use the AVJ-mix as a regular leave in so I added some vegetable glycerin to it and will use that when I do my 3-4x/weekly baggy.
The AVJ smells so good. I bought the kind you can drink too, so I may chug a little (minus the oils of course)-LOL.

But I am so so glad I resurrected this thread.

I started my looking for ways to get from BSB (so stagnant here the last year) to MBL. That led me to reviewing some MBL+ ladies regimens and on LHCF, BGLH, YT-ers mostly mentioned doing a pre-poo in the process.

Again: thank you Chicoro!

UGQueen

this makes me so excited im looking to incorporate ALoe vera juice into my pre poo so im going to try this method with some modifications. Ill keep u updated.

thankss